Working demo link

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the game but had a problem running it. The demo worked fine but I had to run the purchased game as administrator in order to add the key - otherwise when I clicked on the icon nothing happened. This took me a while to work out. Fortunately I ticked the Video Acceleration option when playing the demo as the scrolling was poor - this made all the difference. I wouldn't have purchased the game without the improvement that gave. I found the click noise very irritating when clicking on units and especially when scrolling to the right of the screen when you can't avoid the buttons there which click when you move over them. I downloaded an empty .wav file which stopped this happening. With these minor annoyances sorted I'm ready to play what looks like a promising game!

Cheers,

Chris

I assume there is a decent Pacific theatre scenario? Looks like I wasted my money and would have to pay a lot more to get all of these improvements. If I hadn't just bought the Pacific game I would have been happy to have purchased all of these. At the moment myself and Battlefront are both losing out :(

Edited by ChrisHb

No there isn't that many decent Pacific theater scenarios apart from the 1939 world at war scenario, which comes with Assault on Democracy. You could always ask Battlefront for a refund so you could buy SC-WWII Global Conflict & the Assault on Democracy & Assault on Communism Bundle. You never know until you ask.

Thanks Roy. I only want a single scenario that covers the entire pacific war. If there is one that works better than Strategic Command Pacific Theater I would be happy to pay more than I have just done to obtain it - but only if I can get a refund for the game I just bought.

At a glance it's quite confusing. The website says:-

Strategic Command World War Two Global Conflict GOLD BUNDLE contains both the brand new expansion as well as the original SC WWII Global Conflict game.

Is this all I would need to play the the 1939 world at war scenario at its best? I don't want to play a european war - just the pacific war.

Cheers,

Chris

I agree, the website is very confusing. I brought  SC-WWII Global Conflict & the Assault on Democracy & Assault on Communism Bundle which has all the improvements of the game.

The 1939 world at war scenario is both the European war & the pacific war. The Pacific part of the scenario is the same as you get in Strategic Command Pacific Theater but better if I remember rightly.

You just need to buy SC-WWII Global Conflict & Assault on Democracy, if you don't want to play a European war, but that's up to you.

Hi Chris

The Pacific game you've bought is the only one that covers just the Pacific.

It was released at the end of 2008, and the engine improvements referred to apply to games we've released since with enhanced features that weren't available at the time the Pacific game was released. So buying our later games would provide some enhancements, but without that purely Pacific experience.

Bill