Breakthrough and Windows 10

Made the mistake of installing Windows 10.

Now when I try to run Breakthrough I get the following message:

-Error- No Game Title

It seems like there was a problem with your license.

a

Contact us for further assistance.

-Erroro- No Request Code

Send this number to customer support to get your activation key

Please enter a serial key to fix this error.

Erroaaaaaar message.

• Exit
  • Enter

Needless to say, having installed the game ages ago I've no idea what the activation key might be.

Any help appreciated.

Made the mistake of installing Windows 10.

Now when I try to run Breakthrough I get the following message:

-Error- No Game Title

It seems like there was a problem with your license.

a

Contact us for further assistance.

-Erroro- No Request Code

Send this number to customer support to get your activation key

Please enter a serial key to fix this error.

Erroaaaaaar message.

• Exit
  • Enter

Needless to say, having installed the game ages ago I've no idea what the activation key might be.

Any help appreciated.

The activation/serial key # is on the back of the Breakthrough disc case and on the back of SCWWI disc case, just found  out yesterday myself.  Or it might be at the bottom of your account when you hit the "account button".  Some examples in the Serial # thread below.

• 1 month later...

There is this in the Helpdesk section of the website now for anyone else looking for help:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Windows 10 licensing issues

Under normal circumstances upgrading your OS does not pose any special licensing issues. However, certain hardware changes have occurred since licensing can combine with the OS upgrade to trigger the license software to view your game as potentially pirated. Basically, it now thinks it has been moved to a different computer. Fortunately, this issue is easily cleared up.

For games that use eLicense (most of the Strategic Command titles, all the Theater of War series, and a couple of the older Combat Mission games) the solution is often as simple as reentering the license code. However, if the two activations for the license have been used then licensing will fail. If that happens the solution is to file a ticket with the Help Desk. Make sure to provide the name of the game/s and your license/s for the affected product/s.

For games that use Gameshield (some Strategic Command titles and most of the Combat Mission series) the process is very similar to that of eLicense. In the event that relicensing doesn't work file a ticket with the Help Desk that includes the name of the game/s and license/s that are affected. You will receive small EXEs that are specific to the game in question. The EXEs reset your license completely so that you can relicense with a clean slate.

If you do not know what your license number is you can find it by logging into your store account and viewing your order history. For products that were not downloaded the license code is found on the back of its CD/DVD case.

Edited by Bill101