Ubiquitous

UI not found. Please check that you have the proper UI resource files.

If you're getting an immediate error on launching the game (after installing the 3.11 'all-in-one' installer), then it sounds like you may need a gsClean utility for the game and/or modules. This utility deletes your current activation and allows you to reactivate when you launch the game again. I assume that the error you are getting now is NOT the 'UI not found...' error, but something else, which can indicate an issue with the activation. This can happen if you have upgraded the computer (hardware or OS) since you originally activated the 3.0 Upgrade (rather than CMBN 1.x).

The Helpdesk should be able to provide the gsClean utility for you. You will want to tell them the EXACT error you're getting (otherwise you may be wasting an activation by using the gsClean utility).

Anyone get the UI not found to work without buying the upgrade on windows 10?  Just want to play CMBN but allocation of the funds from the better half have been harder to get than supplies across the entire western front in '44.  Sorry if its been brought up before, but all I seem to find for fixes is the buy the upgrade to 3.X

LC- : I don't believe there is any way around the 'UI not found...' error on Windows 10 with CMBN 1.x. The issue is the copy-protection system that is part of CMBN 1.x has issues with Windows 10. The CMBN 3.0 Upgrade used a slightly newer version of that same copy-protection system that DOES NOT have an issue with Windows 10. I don't know what the exact details of the earlier version of the copy-protection system has with Windows 10 and there doesn't appear to be any workaround to allow you to run CMBN 1.x with Windows 10.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

The latest versions of the game are absolutely compatible with Win10.  There is nothing to fix.  You either need to fix a problem with licensing or get the latest version of the game. It does not matter that you did not provide any details of you problem because you really need to contact support - either you need the license re set tool or an official explanation of what version of the game works with Win10.  Click the new ticket button here: http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/

What worked for me as to download the 3.11 patch. It worked...It almost sounds too easy...I had lost my game because of a computer crash and had to buy a WIN10 computer, but I had the LICENSE KEY IN MY ArCHIIVES on a flash drive. So first I went to  BF downloads, and downloaded the CMBN basis game...you need license key.  Then I downloaded the 3.11 all inclusive patch and when it downloaded I ran the TOP file which was a setup file.....when it was done it asked me for the original game license key again....and it worked.  That was all there was to it.

One things if vague....I THINK the key I used was not actually the one for the ORIGINAL download...the 2.0 game....I think it was the KEY for the patch that you had to buy...I think it was $10.  I just tried BOTH KEYS that had shown in my backup archive for CMBN...and one of them worked.

Edited by timmyc69
Couldn't post an image

16 hours ago, timmyc69 said:

One things if vague....I THINK the key I used was not actually the one for the ORIGINAL download...the 2.0 game....I think it was the KEY for the upgrade that you had to buy...I think it was $10.  I just tried BOTH KEYS that had shown in my backup archive for CMBN...and one of them worked.

Glad that worked.  Yes, the 3.11 all in one installer requires the key for the v3 upgrade (any older keys no longer matter). I added the bold and corrected patch to upgrade (which you pay for, patches you don't). :)

BTW There is also a 3.12 patch you can get an install over your now working game - no cost for patches.