Task Force Spartan Resolve

The mod tag .txt file goes into the "mod tag" folder, as far as I know. That is how I have it set up on my computer at least.

Kieme's actual mod for the US uniforms does go onto the normal Z (or mod) folder.

But the "mod tag" folder is in Z, or Game Files sub directory. Since, in your readme .txt file you say, in Game Files folder. I was only following what's written. If you can be extra patient with me, and explain just one last time. Thanks Imperial grunt.

Hey., and I'm still waiting on some angel in this forum to tell me about the .wav files and music. Honestly, i have 'lost' the vanilla music files, and also couldn't play the modded ones. The latter, i believe it could be cos they're not compatible with Mac OS. However, not getting back the original ones.. do i have to go the long way route, and open a ticket :/ ?

But the "mod tag" folder is in Z, or Game Files sub directory. Since, in your readme .txt file you say, in Game Files folder. I was only following what's written. If you can be extra patient with me, and explain just one last time. Thanks Imperial grunt.

On a PC, the mod tag folder is in the Game Files folder/directory. I am not sure how I can me more clear about that. It might be different on a Mac, I do not know.

The mods (or Z) folder is under the User Data folder/directory. The mods (except the intro movie go there), go there.

The music issue is the format of how those files are created. I think I can change the format to make a Mac compatible music mod. I'll do that this weekend.

Edited by Imperial Grunt

Ok. Thanks Imperial Grunt ! And just a quick one out there to whom might be able to help. Can someone point me where are the original music files of CMBS? Are they hidden or are they 'visible' in a folder ? Thanks guys. I hate loading up CMBS without music.

Sorry to require more clarification...  I use PC.  For CMBS, I have ALL mods including "scenario specific mods" under my Z folder in USER DATA folder.

What sort of mods go in the SCENARIO folder?  I do not see any folder called MOD TAGS under Game Files and I have never put anything under that folder except Scenarios, Campaigns, Saved Games and QB Maps.  I thought all mods simply go in the Z folder.

Do MOD TAGS go in a different folder from MODS?  

Which folder do INTRO MOVIES go into?

Erwin, I had to make a Mod Tags folder inside the Game Files folder. Once I did that I dropped the .txt file that comes with the Mod into the Mod Tags folder and the mod showed up in game. Best of all the mod only shows up in the TF Spartan Resolve campaign. Mod Tags rock!

Edited by Splinty

lol i think a very quick message by someone more in the know-how will be very appropriate at this stage (i noticed quite a few messages in the CMRT forum about mod tags and their use, not so much about their directory location) maybe we should move this message onto another thread guys?

This campaign rocks ! we should let the thread focus on other aspects on the campaign.

Edited by borg

Sorry to require more clarification... I use PC. For CMBS, I have ALL mods including "scenario specific mods" under my Z folder in USER DATA folder.

What sort of mods go in the SCENARIO folder? I do not see any folder called MOD TAGS under Game Files and I have never put anything under that folder except Scenarios, Campaigns, Saved Games and QB Maps. I thought all mods simply go in the Z folder.

Do MOD TAGS go in a different folder from MODS?

Which folder do INTRO MOVIES go into?

There is a read me txt file that you downloaded with the SR mod pack that explains where to put the files for a PC. Please read that.

Ok. Thanks Imperial Grunt ! And just a quick one out there to whom might be able to help. Can someone point me where are the original music files of CMBS? Are they hidden or are they 'visible' in a folder ? Thanks guys. I hate loading up CMBS without music.

I uploaded a Mac version for the music in SR. I made both a mono and a stereo (PC is in stereo sound) because some Mac users state that the stereo Mac music files do not play, but the mono Mac music files do.  I do not know why this happens.

Here are the links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27642219/TF%20Spartan%20Resolve%20music%20MAC%20Mono.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27642219/TF%20Spartan%20Resolve%20music%20MAC%20Stereo.zip

Has anyone managed to get something better than "Draw" in the battle with objectives Hammer & Anvil? I would be interested to hear how he/she approached it.

Question @Imperial_Grunt: Please elaborate a bit how outcome of this battle affects next one. Thnx

Has anyone managed to get something better than "Draw" in the battle with objectives Hammer & Anvil? I would be interested to hear how he/she approached it.

Question @Imperial_Grunt: Please elaborate a bit how outcome of this battle affects next one. Thnx

It's meant to be a difficult scenario. Then main way it effects the campaign is the points the player earns and the casualties that the core unit sustains.

There is a read me txt file that you downloaded with the SR mod pack that explains where to put the files for a PC. Please read that.

Apologies if I sound anal but the "Read me" files says:

QUOTE Then place the 173rd uniform patch.txt file in the "Mod Tag" folder inside the "Game Files" folder UNQUOTE.

In my reading this, I assume that a "Mod Tag" folder does exist in Games Data; but there is none. Should I create one and then copy & past the 173rd uniform patch.txt in it?

Thank you in advace

Apologies if I sound anal but the "Read me" files says:

QUOTE Then place the 173rd uniform patch.txt file in the "Mod Tag" folder inside the "Game Files" folder UNQUOTE.

In my reading this, I assume that a "Mod Tag" folder does exist in Games Data; but there is none. Should I create one and then copy & past the 173rd uniform patch.txt in it?

Thank you in advace

Affirmative.

Finished the second mission and I liked it even better than the first. This is Combat Mission exactly as I like it. Infantry forces, not too large and intelligent missions that require you to move around and adapt to the changing battlefield. Thank you so much for this, Imperial Grunt.

The poor Ukrainians at Steel got overrun by tanks. They took out two BTRs, one tank got stopped by a mine, but the ATG was mostly useless. One of my BTRs managed to withdraw. Iron was hit badly by artillery but the enemies mobile advance on my right was stopped in its tracks by a BTR covering that flank taking out 3 or 4 enemy APCs. But the tanks advanced up to the last tree line before the hill. Then Alpha Coy came in, one platoon set up to take out the tanks on the crossroad near Steel, the other platoon with the CO went to relieve Iron. With Javelins and Apaches one tank after the other got toasted and just as the infantry approached Steel through the woods the enemy surrendered. Total Victory, 500 to 50. Alpha Coy had very few casualties, but one of the Javelin teams was taken out. Let's hope I won't need them later on...

Finished the second mission and I liked it even better than the first. This is Combat Mission exactly as I like it. Infantry forces, not too large and intelligent missions that require you to move around and adapt to the changing battlefield. Thank you so much for this, Imperial Grunt.

The poor Ukrainians at Steel got overrun by tanks. They took out two BTRs, one tank got stopped by a mine, but the ATG was mostly useless. One of my BTRs managed to withdraw. Iron was hit badly by artillery but the enemies mobile advance on my right was stopped in its tracks by a BTR covering that flank taking out 3 or 4 enemy APCs. But the tanks advanced up to the last tree line before the hill. Then Alpha Coy came in, one platoon set up to take out the tanks on the crossroad near Steel, the other platoon with the CO went to relieve Iron. With Javelins and Apaches one tank after the other got toasted and just as the infantry approached Steel through the woods the enemy surrendered. Total Victory, 500 to 50. Alpha Coy had very few casualties, but one of the Javelin teams was taken out. Let's hope I won't need them later on...

Glad you like the campaign! Thanks for the AAR, it's fun hearing how people fare in the battles.

I have arrived at the last mission and realized that I was playing the 1st version of the campaign whereby there were only 30 mins for the last mission. (I had replaced the old file with the fixed one but it does not affected saves coming from the 1st file). Anyway, overall it was a very good experience and quite original because it involved many defensive battles which always pose a challenge, in the sense that one is forced to think hard on the initial deployment. If it it works the battle becomes  a piece of cake but if not, the death toll may rise to frustrating levels.

Good work

Regarding upgrading campaigns I remembered there was a certain way to do it and checked the manual. I'll try this myself as I have just finished the 2nd mission last weekend. The second mission was HARD, one of the most intense fights I had against the AI and I had to reload a couple of times to keep casualties acceptable ;)

Campaigns started using an earlier version of a Campaign can be continued with newer versions once the current battle being played has been completed. The way to do this is:
a. Save your current campaign in between battles just after you dismiss the After Action Report and exit to the main screen.
b. From the main screen select the New Campaign option and then highlight the
20 Combat Mission
updated Campaign you wish to play. Hold down the SHIFT key and then click the OK button.
c. An “Import” screen will appear and you’ll see your save game in the list of files. Select it, click OK, and the Campaign will start up again normally. The game does its best to reconcile changes to such things as Core Units, but there is only so much the game can do successfully. In the event it can’t make sense of new and old it simply defaults to the new information, which may cause some of the battle history to change. Therefore, this new feature works best when the Campaign designer is making minor corrections instead of major overhauls.

Edited by Lethaface

Regarding upgrading campaigns I remembered there was a certain way to do it and checked the manual. I'll try this myself as I have just finished the 2nd mission last weekend. The second mission was HARD, one of the most intense fights I had against the AI and I had to reload a couple of times to keep casualties acceptable ;)

Thanks for the clarification Lethaface!

Thanks for the clarification Lethaface!

Unfortunately the game crashes when I try to upgrade it. I have replaced the old .cam with the new one, maybe the game also needs the old file? At least that's how I remember updating a campaign game in the past. I have deleted the older version so can't try it.