Task Force Spartan Resolve

• 3 weeks later...

Finished yesterday Operation Relentless Furry. I will not say how I did because I plan to post a video. In general it was a very tense experience due to the small number of forces available to the blue player. Kieme's map was great and it is my impression that you had made some tweaks that added to the experience. 

My only critique (for whatever is worth) is that some aspects of the Red AI plan (or, if there are several plans, the one I faced) seemed a bit artificial. Without spoiling the experience, it is not what one would expect from Red in an area where they have deployed HVTs at specific locations. I am not saying that some element of surprise is not welcomed, but the orders of some groups seem artificial. I will not elaborate further to avoid spoilers.

Dont get me wong. I enjoyed it a lot overall. Thanks for the great work.

Glad you liked it! The intent of the AI is to simulate a few local security patrols that move around the area as well as some units that are just traversing through. When the reinforcements arrive they both secure the HVT areas and then sweep the area, looking for the raid force.

I might not have achieved my intent as well as I could have, unconventional ops are little more tricky when it comes to AI plans.

There are 4 plans for replay value.

Looking forward to the video!

• 8 months later...

Wanted to say that this campaign has the best music mod (ever) for modern combat.  I renamed the three files so they now play over on all my CMBS campaigns and scenarios when starting up.  Has the right crescendo of unstoppable power and doom.  Hell, I play it just for fun and to get my adrenaline going.

Where is the music from?

They are all wonderfully emotionally charged tracks.  I like playing them at full volume - one can feel the sound waves!  Thanks again.

And thanks to Mark Petrie, and whoever created the other two like "This War Must End" (couldn't find composer names).

I gotta Google them and see what else they have done.

Edited by Erwin

What is strange is hat I wanted this music to play over another campaign (Mountains of Allah - MOH).  I removed the MOA music mod tag and put in a "D" HD with my other "UNUSED MODS" and made sure that the TFSR music was in a ZZZ folder so it would be loaded last.  However, the MOA music still plays during the loading phase of the mission.  Any ideas?

Even tho' I removed the MOA mod tag music, does the system still search for it anywhere in the computer and play it regardless of its location?

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just starting this campaign. I like it a lot so far. Question - the briefing and or tactical map usually shows if, when, and what type of reinforcements are coming; however, this campaign doesn't seem to show that.

Is that on purpose? If not, then how can I know who is coming to the dance? Thanks