Task Force Spartan Resolve

downloading it now...

@Imperial Grunt... your campaign is also listed here

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea-add-ons/task-force-spartan-resolve/

whats the difference?

also.. can anyone tell me where to put the files once downloaded

The file on the Scenario Depot is just the campaign (.cam) file.

In the Drop Box link there is both the campaign file and two Mod Pack files. The large Mod Pack file includes my personal mod mix as well as some mods specific for the campaign. The smaller Mod Pack file is just the mods specific for the campaign. None of the mods are required.

When you download the campaign file, put the .cam file in your game's campaign folder (found under your documents directory). The mod packs contain read me text files which should help with installing those.

The campaign file (.cam) goes into : game files/Campaigns and if you use the mods they go into : user data/mods/z. If you havent used mods before create the z directory in the mods directory.

so i simply copy paste the whole folder into the user data/mods/z? or individual files?

Started the first mission yesterday and having a blast so far! At night those crack para's are really deadly. Sitrep: ambush successful and obj nightmare cleared of enemy elements. One casualty but he might make it. Mounted in vehicles and moving fast towards objectives dark and fear. Enemy contact. Out :)

Thanks for all the effort that was made to produce this campaign! Also like your mod collection, so thanks for including it.

Edited by Lethaface

Started the first mission yesterday and having a blast so far! At night those crack para's are really deadly. Sitrep: ambush successful and obj nightmare cleared of enemy elements. One casualty but he might make it. Mounted in vehicles and moving fast towards objectives dark and fear. Enemy contact. Out :)

Thanks for all the effort that was made to produce this campaign! Also like your mod collection, so thanks for including it.

Great to hear!

I'm glad you liked the mod pack, some really talented modders helped greatly in purring that together.

I only played through the first mission so far but I liked it a lot and want to say: Thank you very much for the effort you have put into this.

My first mission ended with a draw, but I got lucky, because there were no enemy troops in the comm station (although I had not been there at all) and so the Russians did not get the point for that. The final result was 2500 to 2145. The ambush and the attack on Nightmare went pretty well, minimal casualties and lots or burning Tigrs. On top of the convoy a patrol also ran into my ambush from the other side and got slaughtered. To support the attack on Nightmare I called in the vehicles, especially the 50cal trucks, that helped a lot but one of them got ambushed by an enemy infantry squad in the woods next to a road and blew up. That made me really careful about moving around too carelessly. When moving towards the checkpoint at the two bridges one of my squads got pinned by an MG positioned near the highway and I lost three man. It took me a while to get troops into position to take them out and the clock was ticking. On top of that a patrol ran into my squads and took two men out with an automatic grenade launcher. I decided my men were not fit enough to go for the other objectives, instead I went for the checkpoints and sent my XO to call in artillery on the SAM site. That artillery strike worked very well and took out the SAM. When clearing the way for my retreat I took two more casualties from Russians in the woods. But everybody left with 5 mins on the clock, so I probably was too cautious. Considering that the SAM Site was shot up pretty well, I probably should have sent one squad there to touch it. But the lives of my men were more important to me than some secondary objective that the general wants checked off his list :-).

Edited to mark the spoiler correctly.

Edited by Philipp

Gents,

A corrected version of the .cam file is now posted. The only change was to correct the time limit of the final scenario from 30 minutes to 1 hour, 30 minutes (plus variable extra time).

The new .cam is available here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27642219/Task%20Force%20Spartan%20Resolve.zip

I will also post it on the Scenario Depot website here:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/

I apologize for the inconvenience. Now reload and Get Some!

Edited by Imperial Grunt

I only played through the first mission so far but I liked it a lot and want to say: Thank you very much for the effort you have put into this.

My first mission ended with a draw, but I got lucky, because there were no enemy troops in the comm station (although I had not been there at all) and so the Russians did not get the point for that. The final result was 2500 to 2145. The ambush and the attack on Nightmare went pretty well, minimal casualties and lots or burning Tigrs. On top of the convoy a patrol also ran into my ambush from the other side and got slaughtered. To support the attack on Nightmare I called in the vehicles, especially the 50cal trucks, that helped a lot but one of them got ambushed by an enemy infantry squad in the woods next to a road and blew up. That made me really careful about moving around too carelessly. When moving towards the checkpoint at the two bridges one of my squads got pinned by an MG positioned near the highway and I lost three man. It took me a while to get troops into position to take them out and the clock was ticking. On top of that a patrol ran into my squads and took two men out with an automatic grenade launcher. I decided my men were not fit enough to go for the other objectives, instead I went for the checkpoints and sent my XO to call in artillery on the SAM site. That artillery strike worked very well and took out the SAM. When clearing the way for my retreat I took two more casualties from Russians in the woods. But everybody left with 5 mins on the clock, so I probably was too cautious. Considering that the SAM Site was shot up pretty well, I probably should have sent one squad there to touch it. But the lives of my men were more important to me than some secondary objective that the general wants checked off his list :-).

Edited to mark the spoiler correctly.

Very cool AAR, it was fun to read, thanks. You made some very realistic tactical decisions and I am sure your pixeltruppen thank you!

Good luck with the campaign.

hi Imperial Grunt ! I have a couple of queries, not sure if you can give me a quick Heads up and at the same time, serves for others who 'might' have similar issues. Im on a Mac OS. The mod folder i downloaded in addition to the .cam, contains multiple folders. Most of which are ok. However, i cannot get the music folder to become 'active'. Shouldn't this folder simply be in the 'Z' folder as usual? The splash screens are appearing where they should.

Also., did i read correct.. i copy the .txt file containing the 173rd patch into a 'new' folder called Mod Tags, which should be located in the Game Files and not Z. The Game Files is the same directory where there are Scenarios, Campaigns, Incoming Mail, etc. Am i following well here ?

Finally, incidentally i have a folder called modtags1 in my Z folder. Should i remove that and place it in the 'Game Files' As stated in your description. 

Thanks a lot for your kind patience !

Borg

hi Imperial Grunt ! I have a couple of queries, not sure if you can give me a quick Heads up and at the same time, serves for others who 'might' have similar issues. Im on a Mac OS. The mod folder i downloaded in addition to the .cam, contains multiple folders. Most of which are ok. However, i cannot get the music folder to become 'active'. Shouldn't this folder simply be in the 'Z' folder as usual? The splash screens are appearing where they should.

Also., did i read correct.. i copy the .txt file containing the 173rd patch into a 'new' folder called Mod Tags, which should be located in the Game Files and not Z. The Game Files is the same directory where there are Scenarios, Campaigns, Incoming Mail, etc. Am i following well here ?

Finally, incidentally i have a folder called modtags1 in my Z folder. Should i remove that and place it in the 'Game Files' As stated in your description.

Thanks a lot for your kind patience !

Borg

Yep, you did things the way they should be done as far as I know.

Unfortunately for the music files, they are incompatible for the Mac, which is why they are not working for you.

The mod tag might be in a different place for the Mac as well. Experiment a little. If things are working right, you should see a 173rd Airborne patch on the US soldiers in SR scenarios. Open up a non-SR scenario and you shouldn't see that patch on the soldiers.

I should have mentioned that everything in those folders were made on a PC.

I'm hardly the expert on this, so if someone else can add to this, please do!

Edited by Imperial Grunt

ohhh. Thanks Imperial Grunt. That explains most of it then.. Please someone, ideas? help ? :)

re: 1. Mod Tags  - in Z folder or Game Files folder

re: 2. music files - stock vs non-stock

also., when i removed the Task Force Spartan Resolve music folder, lol I have remained without stock music now ! not that i can't live without it.. however, any gentle help is appreciated, even to get the original music back.

SPOILERS - a small critique

In the mission where we are supposed to investigate the crash site and the possible hideouts, the AFVs and Tanks of the enemy reinforcement spawn at ground which allows them to have direct lines of site/fire with the distant hills and other parts of the battleflield. As a result the blue player is suddently punished by sudden - cannon death for having deployed its Humnvees to good observation points

Having said that, it is a great experience

Spoilers about crash site mission:

In my opinion this is the weakest of the missions in the campaign. The fact that Russian units are everywhere already takes me out of the experience of the mission. Looks more like an attack mission rather than a "investigate before the russians arrive" mission. Looks like the russians are already there in force. I preety much ended "gaming" the system and moving my humvees around to touch all the objeectives and "win". Personally I would change the mission a bit, but still really enjoyed the campaigh

:D FIrst campaign to be finished in BS!