Preview of the first Battle Pack

I'm really pleased you're all looking forward to it. I'm sure you'll find lots to enjoy - two of the maps I am REALLY pleased with. :)

ETA? Ah ... when it's done? Heh. Seriously, though, I'm not completely sure when you'll be able to get your hands on it, but I'm hoping soon (as in; weeks, not months). Most of the design work is done, but there's a bit of testing yet to go.

Edited by JonS

Will the campaign battles also be available to play seperately, or are they locked into the campaign structure?

P.S. this is a great way of extending the life of the older games, so I hope more will follow if take up is good enough.

Edited by Placebo

Will the campaign battles also be available to play seperately, or are they locked into the campaign structure?

P.S. this is a great way of extending the life of the older games, so I hope more will follow if take up is good enough.

No, not by me, although you can of course unpack them yourself.

I sort-of agree with you about extending life, but campaign scenarios are unusual in that they are designed from the outset to only ever be played one way - i.e. one side against the AI. That has lots of implications for the way they're designed and built.

Price hasn't been finalised, but I think you'll find it quite reasonable.

Edited by JonS

@JonS :) ok.. I re read the post. There are a few - op Linnet II is the one - correct ? :) thanks for that.

Pls try not overlooking the first days in Normandy too. For future battle packs. Keep up the great work ! & thanks once more.

Part of the point of the BP is that the designer not be constrained to only vehicles and units from the base game plus the current module. That is certainly do-able, as we know, but can be a bit limiting.

With that in mind, and without trawling through piles of notes; some of the BP scenarios require both modules and the VP. The rest require one or more of the three. None of the scenarios will work if all you have is the base game. To make use of all the scenarios in the BP you'll need both modules and the VP. Or, to put that another way; the BP will allow you to use the vehicles and units you already have from the two modules and the VP in all-new scenarios! :D

Edited by JonS

Part of the point of the BP is that the designer not be constrained to only vehicles and units from the base game plus the current module. That is certainly do-able, as we know, but can be a bit limiting.

With that in mind, and without trawling through piles of notes; some of the BP scenarios require both modules and the VP. The rest require one or more of the three. None of the scenarios will work if all you have is the base game. To make use of all the scenarios in the BP you'll need both modules and the VP. Or, to put that another way; the BP will allow you to use the vehicles and units you already have from the two modules and the VP in all-new scenarios! :D

I for one am happy that all available content will be used in the BP.