Updated Kampfgruppe Engel campaign on Repository

There isn't any currently developed or planned content that covers the Normandy landings. Not going to say it won't happen in the future, but it isn't on the radar right now.

Ok :( I'll have to make do with that.

*cough*

Holland...

*cough*

Holland would be nice... but this is Bulge we're talking about. Three-way axis between France/Belgium and Germany is appropriate.

When i think of Holland, i think of Market Garden

Holland would be nice... but this is Bulge we're talking about. Three-way axis between France/Belgium and Germany is appropriate.

When i think of Holland, i think of Market Garden

There was lots of fighting in the south of Holland during the fall. Most of it is not very well known though. Market Garden was of course a spectacular battle. After that it was more of a slogging match to reach the river Maas. Perhaps the battle of Overloon is the exception. That is somewhat better known. 

Ow JonS, looking good.

Edited by PanzerMike

Thanks PanzerMike :) got to brush up my reading.

WW2 - what an era.

You're welcome. Perhaps the obscurity is partly due to the fact that it was mostly a British, Canadian and Polish affair. The US 7th Arm Division and the 104th "Timberwolves" Inf Division were active in Holland in the fall, but that was it basically. And of course the 101st Airborne on "The Island". 

But especially Overloon was gruesome.

You're welcome. Perhaps the obscurity is partly due to the fact that it was mostly a British, Canadian and Polish affair. The US 7th Arm Division and the 104th "Timberwolves" Inf Division were active in Holland in the fall, but that was it basically. And of course the 101st Airborne on "The Island". 

But especially Overloon was gruesome.

IIRC someone about half a year ago, mentioned making a scenario of Overloon. Wonder what became of that?

I have uploaded an updated version of the KG Engel campaign that was released with the Commonwealth module to the Repository.*

Great! Have found some time and energy to come back to CM and will give this one a spin, never played it before. About time I use a Tiger II or a Jagdpanther in a real scenario. 

There was lots of fighting in the south of Holland during the fall. Most of it is not very well known though. Market Garden was of course a spectacular battle. After that it was more of a slogging match to reach the river Maas. Perhaps the battle of Overloon is the exception...

I agree! Until recently my knowledge about the theatre limit itself to Marked Garden and maybe the battle for

Walcheren island but then I read the excellent book Autumn Gale Schwere Heeres Panzerjager-abteilung 559, Kampfgruppe Chill and the German Recovery in the Autumn of 1944 (Jack Didden & Maarten Swarts).

It focus much on the fighting in and around the Benelux countries during the fall. Highly recommended, although pricey, for those who want to know more about the fighting in this relatively "side showed" theater.

Not sure what you are referring to: Bulge or the Battle Pack?

For now, giving away information on the battle pack's content is up to the content creator, if he's willing to share.

For Bulge:

October 1944 - Jan 1945

Standalones can take place anywhere in the France/Belgium/Germany region during that time period. Most take place somewhere in the Ardennes.

German campaign covers the more important actions of Kampfgruppe Pieper (think Stavelot, Stoumont, and the areas around there).

American campaign covers the 4th Armored Division's drive north to relieve the Bastogne defenders, Dec 23-26. Core unit will be CCR.

Sounds good to me!!

So now comfirmed missing units bug is in the Scottish campaign so that one is not to be played until patched. Will my current savegames work when (if) it gets updated?

Is all ok with MG campaigns?

Cant wait to get the battlepack where all the content will be harmonious with what current game engine plus vehicle pack can offer! Feeling a bit at a loss playing existant campaigns and scenarios seeing many not so well made maps, knowing triggers aren't there, no special VP units present, scenarios and ampaigns proba ly being thrown a bit off the balance, etc.

I am hoping BFS will know root cause and undertake an impact analysis on affected campaigns, that or we have to flag suspected broken ones. I have flagged another campaign broken but no report on it being fixed? As I am travelling I am hoping it will be fixed soon.

Playing KG-E and on the second mission now. I forgot to acquire the PzFaust from the 251 that's pulling the ATG during setup, and when I go look at it now, there's none there. It was there (and was used to nail an M8) in battle 1, and everyone got fully resupplied between 1 and 2, so I'm surprised not to have it for my Scout Team... It's a tiny thing, but it's a thing.

Road to Nijmegen second mission - the two spitfires don't become available at the same time, and I think there is only one spotter capable of calling them in - 13 minute delay and short time span - As you used to be able to call multiple from one spotter something needs fixing here I think? 

'Nother little niggle with KG-E. Second mission, the row of shopfronts forming the south side of the square is slightly raised above ground level, sufficient that troops will not enter via their front doors. Or maybe it's a problem with door location in those buildings, but either way, it leads to entering troops heading round the sides of a building that you didn't tell 'em to. Could eviscerate a platoon at no fault of the player if you had three A teams performing entry drills on the three frontages in the early part of a minute.