Updated Kampfgruppe Engel campaign on Repository

I have uploaded an updated version of the KG Engel campaign that was released with the Commonwealth module to the Repository.* It is available for download here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=3598

The updated campaign (and possibly others) will be included in the upcoming CMBN patch that will deploy alongside the Battle Pack. However, most of the issues were able to be fixed before the patch, so if you don't want to wait you can grab the campaign right now!

FIXES:

Mission 5, Hunters in the Mist: Weather has been changed from Light Fog to Mist, resulting in a new maximum visibility of approximately 300-500 meters, as opposed to the previous visibility of about 100-200 meters. Briefing text adjusted accordingly.
- FIXED: Disappearing tanks.
- FIXED: Alternate version of mission 6 wasn't correctly hooked into campaign structure (it was a rare variant anyways).
- FIXED: Mission 3: Bazooka firing on the abandoned King Tiger before it could be recovered.

The invisible AT gun bug has been fixed, but the fix will have to wait until the patch is deployed. My experience with it is that the gun will reappear normally after Setup Phase ends.

Thanks for notifying us of these issues so that we could address them. I hope you enjoy the campaign.

Chris

* The KG Engel campaign still requires the Commonwealth module installed in order to play it.

EDIT: To be clear, this updated campaign just contains bug fixes. If I need to do the same for other older campaigns, it will also just be bug fixes.

Thanks.  AI triggers by chance?  If not possible then forget I asked.

Before I forget, I'll answer :) No, nothing done with AI Triggers. That would require a major overhaul of each Battle in the Campaign and that's not something we should get ourselves tied up on. Comes at the expense of new things. Plus, if we did it for this Campaign people would want it for all the older Campaigns. That's not viable or advisable.

Steve

Thanks Battlefront for this ! Much appreciated. Please, one quick/gentle question - not sure if you stated already. In the upcoming battle pack release.. will there new content, ? as in - new designed campaigns ? that have been previously unreleased.

Before I forget, I'll answer :) No, nothing done with AI Triggers. That would require a major overhaul of each Battle in the Campaign and that's not something we should get ourselves tied up on. Comes at the expense of new things. Plus, if we did it for this Campaign people would want it for all the older Campaigns. That's not viable or advisable.

Steve

Thank you.

Thanks Battlefront for this ! Much appreciated. Please, one quick/gentle question - not sure if you stated already. In the upcoming battle pack release.. will there new content, ? as in - new designed campaigns ? that have been previously unreleased.

The battle packs include completely new campaigns(s) and standalone scenarios. That is the entirety of their content, in fact.

Amazing news ChrisND ! Do you think if i had to ask whether BFC takes into account the famous beach landings for the upcoming release.. It's a lot to ask for ? Perhaps an intertwined campaign of hell on the beaches and parallel story of the 82nd 101st and others behind enemy lines? If your reply violates any rules or acts as gross spoilers I understand - but if you can tease out.... Just a bit ? I can have a happy weekend :D

Wait a minute. I maybe going nuts but weather setting 'Mist?' Is that something a bit new following work on the Bulge title? I thought below Light Fog was the 'Hazy' settings.

Any hints where and when the scenarios and campaigns are taking place?

Wait a minute. I maybe going nuts but weather setting 'Mist?' Is that something a bit new following work on the Bulge title? I thought below Light Fog was the 'Hazy' settings.

not new. Mist as well as Mist and Rain are in CMBN

Re putting AI triggers in old campaigns.  Understandably, that is a lot of work.  But, surely it is less work than coming up with completely new campaigns with AI triggers.

The CM2 series now boasts many brilliant campaigns (if you add them all together) - but they are spread thinly over the older releases.  May be worth polling if players would enjoy playing the old campaigns over again (leastways I would) - they would feel new thanks to the triggers.

Not sure what you are referring to: Bulge or the Battle Pack?

For now, giving away information on the battle pack's content is up to the content creator, if he's willing to share.

For Bulge:

October 1944 - Jan 1945

Standalones can take place anywhere in the France/Belgium/Germany region during that time period. Most take place somewhere in the Ardennes.

German campaign covers the more important actions of Kampfgruppe Pieper (think Stavelot, Stoumont, and the areas around there).

American campaign covers the 4th Armored Division's drive north to relieve the Bastogne defenders, Dec 23-26. Core unit will be CCR.

Amazing news ChrisND ! Do you think if i had to ask whether BFC takes into account the famous beach landings for the upcoming release.. It's a lot to ask for ? Perhaps an intertwined campaign of hell on the beaches and parallel story of the 82nd 101st and others behind enemy lines? If your reply violates any rules or acts as gross spoilers I understand - but if you can tease out.... Just a bit ? I can have a happy weekend :D

There isn't any currently developed or planned content that covers the Normandy landings. Not going to say it won't happen in the future, but it isn't on the radar right now.