Now help wanted.

Normal maps? .mdr files? Just want to play about with the T72. Lots more file extensions than I was expecting, do I need to bother with any of them or just the paint shop pro images.

Normal maps particularly. Black Sea not the place but loving the game and soon as can afford purchasing Red Thunder. Are normal maps being used in that to create zimmeritt?

Any help, advice, tutorials (Tutorials!) :) much appreciated.

There aren't dedicated tutorials, you'd better search for those dedicated to the specific paint program you use.

The game textures are in packed in game files (.brz extensions), you can use the embedded programs (ReZExplode) to unpack them. Inside you'll find .bmp files, which are the single textures. They are easy to work with.

Anyway, as regarding normal maps I use this free program and find it easy and quick: SS Bump Generator. Just Google it to find it.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)