Brief overview of where CM is headed

I'd say the best assumption to make would be that the BP will use stuff from both modules and the VP. That is, after all, the point. Creating scenarios for the individual modules is constrained by the requirement that they all be playable if the purchaser only has the base game + that particular module. I.e., vehicles and units from the other modules are off limits.

That constraint does not exist for the BP.

Unless the battle pack contains all the art and TO&E for every unit in every module then the battle pack will require the underlying modules in order for the scenarios to work.  So if every scenario has stuff in it from the Vehicle Pack then every scenario will require the Vehicle Pack in order to work.

Edited (for clarification of my point) to add that there is theoretically no constraint as to which equipment and art you would choose to use in the BP because the equipment exists independently of the BP.  That's why I said that the BP would require an iron clad means of linking the scenarios to the BP, otherwise even if every scenario in the BP requires the vehicle pack then just one person who owns the vehicle pack could purchase the BP and then send all his friends the files.  The scenarios that come with the modules have a natural constraint in that the equipment, art, TO&Es, etc are unique to that modules.  The BP is under no such restraint and so a different method of linking the scenarios to the BP has to be implemented.

Edited by ASL Veteran

@ Steve

As far as i know there is a problem with the hide command or generally spotting.

The LOS is checked from the eyes of the soldiers so if they automatically lay down it can be restricted to a point were they cant see anything.

There was a thread about that but i cant find it now.

Anyway, will the Bulge game fix this behavior or give us a new "ambush" command that puts soldiers into prone without restricting their LOS ?

Vo ist der Piper Kubs? :D 

FlakSchwim_zps6ac857c5.jpg

Ha! Kohl, I was going to post that very picture for you but you beat me to the punch.

So here you go instread:

volkswagen_schwimmwagen_typ166___42_by_c

Go get Gran Turismo 5 and then you can race the Schwimmwagen all day long. Heck, you can even paint it pink, or silver, or whatever floats your boat (pun intended).

Great looking roads you're making for the Bulge operation.

The Hide command is working as intended.

Who said its only about the hide command ? Its more about Spotters' posture overall.

Anyway, found the thread:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118489-spotters-posture/?view=findpost&p=1587905&hl=hide

look at post #11 by Tux

It about units going prone on their own and getting "blind"...which forces you to move them to get LOS again (pretty unrealistic).

Again, will there a fix for this behavior in the Bulge game (+ Patches for the older games) ?

Edited by Wiggum15

The Hide command is working as intended.

Who said its only about the hide command ?

Well, you specificly mentioned the Hide Command, didn´t you?

As far as i know there is a problem with the hide command or generally spotting.

So why shouldn´t LukeFF be allowed to reply to that part of your comment?

You may have some very valid points and complaints about how CM is working, Wiggum (that is often hard for me to judge). But in my opinion, your very aggressive tone and attitude often disqualifies you from the discussion. Try acting a little more civil - perhaps you'll then get more constructive responses to your complaints.

Edited by umlaut

You may have some very valid points and complaints about how CM is working, Wiggum...

He doesn't.

But in my opinion, your very aggressive tone and attitude often disqualifies you from the discussion. Try acting a little more civil - perhaps you'll then get more constructive responses to your complaints.

Ignore him. He was quiet for a long time, then people started feeding him again. Unfed trolls depart. Fed ones hang around. Stop feeding him and his irrelevancies will diminish.

Really... :rolleyes:
Can you tell me whats aggressive about the sentence:
"Who said its only about the hide command ? Its more about Spotters' posture overall."

He doesn't.
Ignore him. He was quiet for a long time, then people started feeding him again. Unfed trolls depart. Fed ones hang around. Stop feeding him and his irrelevancies will diminish.

Now thats what i call aggressive and insulting.

Edited by Wiggum15

Can you tell me whats aggressive about the sentence:

"Who said its only about the hide command ? Its more about Spotters' posture overall."

Aggressive, rude - it is certainly less than polite. If you really can´t see that yourself, then we' re probably at the core of the problem.

You may have some very valid points and complaints about how CM is working, Wiggum (that is often hard for me to judge). But in my opinion, your very aggressive tone and attitude often disqualifies you from the discussion. Try acting a little more civil - perhaps you'll then get more constructive responses to your complaints.

I recommend reading Marshall B. Rosenberg books on Non-Violent Communication. The conclusion of his thesis is (in short) that it' s in general easier to make others comply / convince them of something if you dont accidentially trigger their subconcious defence mechanisms.

Aggressive, rude - it is certainly less than polite. If you really can´t see that yourself, then we' re probably at the core of the problem.

Ah, ok.

But what womble wrote: "Ignore him, he is just a troll" is not rude ?

I guess some people here can post whatever they want (be it aggressive or rude or insulting), look at the abuse Kettler is taking from some persons here...while other will get banned after being so rude and agressive to say "Who said its only about the hide command ? Its more about Spotters' posture overall."

Edited by Wiggum15