Brief overview of where CM is headed

Thanks for the Update.

I guess the battle packs will contain (for better not worse) BFC sanctioned scenarios and campaigns and at a price ?$?

Also, it does not appear QB or AI plan improvements are in the future?

Kevin

Basically a Volkssturm unit in CM could be a Conscript, -2,-2, Unfit rag-tagged infantry formation equipped with captured italian and allied rifles, almost no ammo and a few panzefausts. There would not be a need to actually depcit the persons in the uniforms as children or old men.

Well, they might not be that bad.

Conscript yes, but they might be reasonably led (0 or -1 leadership), and not completely lacking motivation. After all, even if you're pressed into service, wouldn't you at least put up a bit of a fight when Ivan is coming to see your wife?

blind-Russians*

Disagree Stagler. Funny everyone brings up blind Russians but not blind Ukrainians. Honestly it makes perfect sense to me. US sensors are ahead of Russian and therefore US troops often spot Russians first. Ukraine is behind Russia and therefore Russia usually spots Ukrainian forces first. Edited by Sublime

Thanks for the Update.

I guess the battle packs will contain (for better not worse) BFC sanctioned scenarios and campaigns and at a price ?$?

Also, it does not appear QB or AI plan improvements are in the future?

Kevin

Nowhere did I say that. Which is why I didn't list specifics :D

Yeah, thats sad isnt it ?

I too hoped for a AI/TacAI overhaul combined with more AI trigger options for the Bulge game...

Holy crow... you are really trying to get yourself banned, aren't you? Or do you not understand that almost EVERY post you made in this thread falls under the category of "baiting" and "troll"? One more and you'll have yourself an enforced summer vacation from this Forum. Or do you think that the multiple people that just added you to their Ignore lists did so to avoid your positive and insightful posts?

I know growing up is a long process, but you need to speed it up if you wish to retain posting privileges here.

Steve

We will add Volkssturm and Hitler Jugend units when the timeframe is right for their inclusion. We had Volkssturm in CMBO/CMBB as well. However, we will not be adding child sized soldier models into the game. Even if we thought it was a good idea (it isn't), the game engine was deliberately designed to have no variability in soldier height. The reason for that is clear to see if you put a Squad behind a wall or in a building with windows. Do that and then think of how many CPU cycles, RAM for animations, and artist time would be needed to make sure different sized soldiers would behave correctly in relation to other game elements. If you need a hint, the word "prohibitively" should be worked into your answer :D

Steve

We will add Volkssturm and Hitler Jugend units when the timeframe is right for their inclusion. We had Volkssturm in CMBO/CMBB as well. However, we will not be adding child sized soldier models into the game. Even if we thought it was a good idea (it isn't), the game engine was deliberately designed to have no variability in soldier height. The reason for that is clear to see if you put a Squad behind a wall or in a building with windows. Do that and then think of how many CPU cycles, RAM for animations, and artist time would be needed to make sure different sized soldiers would behave correctly in relation to other game elements. If you need a hint, the word "prohibitively" should be worked into your answer :D

Steve

ahhh damn.can we get at least children faces and perhaps sounds?

Will the broken campaigns be fixed in the CMBN battle pack?

Oh yes, good question, Kampfgruppe Engel, one of the stock campaigns (and probably some others as well) seems to have been ruined by one of the last patches/upgrades. There was a thread about that recently. Actually i think it would be more appropriate to fix this via a patch and not via a payed module/battle pack. It' s not new content, it' s old content that got broken by a patch/upgrade and it should be working, but it isnt.

EDIT:

Here' s th thread reporting problems with the KG Engel campaign:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119891-kampfgruppe-engel-new-stealth-tanks/

EDIT2:

Great new regarding Volkssturm/HJ btw.

Edited by agusto

What playtesting ?

The scenarios are not updated at all.

And what miracle ?

No matter of CMBN, CMFI or CMRT, it the same game essentially. So how should a engine "upgrade" with a few additional features be a miracle ?

Way to emphasise your ignorance.

Learn something about what goes into a program as complex as CM before you make any assertions about the nature of the beast. Hint: CMx1 was abandoned entire because it was not feasible to develop the code base any further. Additionally note that CMSF is not on the upgrade path because the effort involved in updating it to, say, BS standards is prohibitive.

Or you can continue to comments which amount to assertions that Charles doesn't know his WHILE... from his IF... 

Click on your username at the top of the screen; you'll then see an option called Manage Ignore Prefs

And I recently discovered that you can set friend requests to needing approval too: In the same place as above you can click on My Settings and then the first tab My Profile Settings has an entry for Friends that lets you turn on "Allow me to approve members before they're added as a friend".

Oh yes, good question, Kampfgruppe Engel, one of the stock campaigns (and probably some others as well) seems to have been ruined by one of the last patches/upgrades. There was a thread about that recently. Actually i think it would be more appropriate to fix this via a patch and not via a payed module/battle pack. It' s not new content, it' s old content that got broken by a patch/upgrade and it should be working, but it isnt.

EDIT:

Here' s th thread reporting problems with the KG Engel campaign:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119891-kampfgruppe-engel-new-stealth-tanks/

EDIT2:

Great new regarding Volkssturm/HJ btw.

Completely agree regarding a patch although as it wasn't mentioned in the Op I thought maybe it was not being taken seriously/forgotten about.

Edited by ironcobra

Actually i think it would be more appropriate to fix this via a patch and not via a payed module/battle pack.

I wish to point out that BFC have a track record of releasing patches to fix bugs at no charge.  I don't know any more than you guys about the battle pack but so far they have not released new content that was the only source for a fix to a bug.  If I remember correctly sometimes the new module shipped with the bug fixes before the patch to the existing code was available but they have never made you buy a new module just to get a bug fix.

Please note I am talking about bug fixes not new features or enhancements to existing features.  Those we have had to pay for in upgrades.

ahhh damn.can we get at least children faces and perhaps sounds?

Haha, you are a terrible person ;). But seriously, if you want childrens faces and voices, it would be possible to add them via a mod.

I wish to point out that BFC have a track record of releasing patches to fix bugs at no charge.

I know. But someone asked if KG Egnel will be fixed with the battle pack, and i had to give my opinion on that.

I am glad that there will be new modules (that was obvious) - I'm worried that so little has been written about version 4.0 - because it will push the series forward - scenarios, maps, vehicles, this is not progress, but simply new content.

Disagree Stagler. Funny everyone brings up blind Russians but not blind Ukrainians. Honestly it makes perfect sense to me. US sensors are ahead of Russian and therefore US troops often spot Russians first. Ukraine is behind Russia and therefore Russia usually spots Ukrainian forces first.

Deleted. Wrong thread.

Edited by Vinnart