When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine ?

When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine

• Right after they finish the Bulge game
    • Let them finish Bulge and Modules for CMRT and CMBS first
    • They can use the CMx2 engine as long as they like, its fine for me
    • I doubt there will ever be a CMx3 engine...
    • I think they should have started long ago and we should already have CMx3 by now !

Then why dont they hire new people with better skills ?

They could start a kickstarter campaign for CMx3 and tell people they need the money for better skilled coders to do a proper well optimized engine.

Or if they take a engine already available they could use the money to hire people who are skilled in it.

well, that is a great concept, but the key word is money. And there is plenty of post from Steve that shows there is none of that to throw around and risk.

The sad thing is, they have hired more people and are spending more money than they once did. But we see, it is a drop in the bucket.

You keep wanting to compare these guys to what you see from many main line companies. There just is no comparison.

And it is a good thing, because they really do this for their own love of this hobby. As many try to keep pointing out to you, if they wanted to just make money. They would have dropped this line of games and went into games that are profitable.

But customers with bad attitudes toward them, might someday just help to push them that way anyway. Why would a sane person put up with war-games demands

Personally, that itself is what puts these guys on my fanboy list

I think its kind of lazy from them and i was really disappointed to see they dont updated the scenarios.

Yes it takes time, but again, they SELL this stuff and dont give it away for free !

Let me ask you this....

Will every scenario in GTOS be updated when the new game gets released ?

Infact will even the - Operation Star - game be upgraded to include all the new features of the new game or will it be left as is...?

Can you please share with us your comprehensive list of gamedevelopers that update every single aspect of their older releases when they release a new game in the same game-family...

Wiggum15,

A small piece of advice. It's free, so it's worth exactly what you value it. You ask a lot of questions, but you cloak them in criticisms. Some criticism is constructive. Yours is not.

A point: "Then why dont they hire new people with better skills ?" (That's from you, just a few posts up.) I don't care about the rationale behind the statement, just the statement per se.

- You are on a forum paid for by BFC. They are a small company. The money to support this forum is money which is not going to get a muffler replaced. It is money which is not going to replace that old furniture they got when they got married. It is money which is not going to buy a better Christmas gift for their daughter. It is money, literally, out of their pocket.

- Other companies support forums. Other companies have a far greater budget. Yes, $1,000 is valued differently. Ford (or Daimler) would think nothing of a $1,000 expenditure. How about you?

- You are a guest. As am I. If I went on Intel's forums and demanded that they use AMD cpu's, I would (probably) be banned. Rightfully. As a guest in someone's home I act with deference and civility to my host. But maybe my concept of civility differs from yours.

- Your statement, above, presupposes several insulting assumptions.

-- BFC doesn't have sufficient skill. There are, what, six BFC employees? Just name them and state they are incapable of creating a game the way it should be done. Your passive aggressiveness would at least transcend to outright aggressiveness. It would be more honest that way.

-- Other people do have the right skill. ("You can't do it, but someone else can." That's more insulting than just saying "you can't do it.")

-- BFC (again, just name the decision makers; it's simpler) is too ignorant to recognize the need to hire other people.

-- BFC is too cheap to hire other people with better skills. The assumption is that the budget is there, BFC is just hording the money.

-- Other people with those skills exist (that is a foundation of your initial insult)

-- Your idea of how a game should be created is better than BFC's idea

-- Your idea of how to run a game company is better than BFC's idea

Now, that's a pretty surface level dissection of your insult. I, for one, do not take anything you write seriously.

I suggest, again for free, that you consider criticisms a bit more before you make them. It is easy to criticize that which you have no idea how to do. That demeans you, as your posts here have done. If you had created a company and successfully released several games, your criticisms, as insultingly as they are delivered, would have some validity. As it is, they have no validity and are merely insulting.

Regards,

Ken

'' You are on a forum paid for by BFC. They are a small company. The money to support this forum is money which is not going to get a muffler replaced. It is money which is not going to replace that old furniture they got when they got married. It is money which is not going to buy a better Christmas gift for their daughter. It is money, literally, out of their pocket.''

lol

I will never understand why you people insist on defending BF, as if they are incapable of defending themselves. And then you get mad when someone calls you fanboys.

I'm trying to read between the lines here, is having arguments and criticism dismantled and countered point by point somehow painful to read so you want it to stop? People resort to the fanboy-card when they run out of things to say, which is why they are laughed at.

Many people here have close ties with BFC, so having someone with vague knowledge on the subject walk in and start insulting people you know is annoying. This is very normal and rational human behaviour. Ignorance and arrogance isn't exactly beneficial.

Hyperbole: 10 years ago this place didn't remind me of Tumblr. Not that it existed back then, fortunately.

Edited by Zebulon Pleasure Beast II

I will never understand why you people insist on defending BF, as if they are incapable of defending themselves. And then you get mad when someone calls you fanboys.

Because they make a certain kind of games that I rather enjoy, and generally I have had a pleasant experience in dealing with their customer service. While it is not essential I "defend" them, it is important to have the other side of the discussion in this case.

Also it is part of my long lasting plan to become a highly paid consultant for BF being paid the money they're not spending on trying to code a "follow roads" command.  

Aurelius,

Please re-read my post. Am I defending BFC? Perhaps. I was trying to let Wiggum15 know why his posts don't carry any weight.

Am I mad if someone calls me a fanboy? Not at all.

Am I a fanboy? Maybe you think so.

Shrug.

As a counterpoint, look at Lacroix's post, just above. He quotes me and adds a "lol". Why? Because he does not have a rational counterargument. Lacroix is another one to whom I give no credence. His posting history has caused this. Criticism is acceptable, even desirable to improve the game. The negativity expressed by several, like Wiggum15 and Lacroix is counterproductive.

Back to your point, Aurelius.  I will not stand by silently when I see posts which are counterfactual. I try to reply to posts with the same level of respect and maturity as they are made. Look up my posting history. Find where I say this game cannot be improved. Find where I do not support ideas to improve the game. There is a world of difference between trying to improve something and just tearing it down. Yes, this forum can get defensive against inflammatory posts. However, this forum also allows those inflammatory posts...for the most part.

Irrational, immature, insulting, and inflammatory posts should not be accepted. Defending BFC? No. I am defending a game system I enjoy. I will not passively watch a few malcontents poison a forum without pointing out their falsehoods and distortions.

Regards,

Ken

Edited to add: As a beautiful counterpoint to everything Wiggum15, Lacroix, et al., have posted, look at this: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119875-worrying-60mm-mortar-behavior/page-1

We have a criticism of behavior which is specific and it includes what behavior was expected. A member of BFC's team checks it, finds it has merit, and posts an internal report about it. And then provides feedback to the OP about it. This is just one of hundreds of threads which prove how distorted are the statements posted by Wiggum15 et alia.

Edited by c3k

Well, it's a forum which exists for debate.

If someone posts something I disagree with, I will post a counter-argument if I can.

If that = "defending BFC", so be it.

But wait, I am a fanboy :lol:

( I don't think I find the term insulting either - I like the game, it's true. )

Me too.

I am wondering how many of these posters receive a free game as beta testers?

Aurelius,

Please re-read my post. Am I defending BFC? Perhaps. I was trying to let Wiggum15 know why his posts don't carry any weight.

Am I mad if someone calls me a fanboy? Not at all.

Am I a fanboy? Maybe you think so.

Shrug.

As a counterpoint, look at Lacroix's post, just above. He quotes me and adds a "lol". Why? Because he does not have a rational counterargument. Lacroix is another one to whom I give no credence. His posting history has caused this. Criticism is acceptable, even desirable to improve the game. The negativity expressed by several, like Wiggum15 and Lacroix is counterproductive.

Back to your point, Aurelius.  I will not stand by silently when I see posts which are counterfactual. I try to reply to posts with the same level of respect and maturity as they are made. Look up my posting history. Find where I say this game cannot be improved. Find where I do not support ideas to improve the game. There is a world of difference between trying to improve something and just tearing it down. Yes, this forum can get defensive against inflammatory posts. However, this forum also allows those inflammatory posts...for the most part.

Irrational, immature, insulting, and inflammatory posts should not be accepted. Defending BFC? No. I am defending a game system I enjoy. I will not passively watch a few malcontents poison a forum without pointing out their falsehoods and distortions.

Regards,

Ken

your first # , or point is just for lol in that thread . no other word can describe it. you are painting battlefront as some guys living under bridge and even counting this forum as a buuuuuurdeeeeeeen. next time we should pay for their gas,so they dont have to 

your first # , or point is just for lol in that thread . no other word can describe it. you are painting battlefront as some guys living under bridge and even counting this forum as a buuuuuurdeeeeeeen. next time we should pay for their gas,so they dont have to 

Lacroix, how do you think privately owned businesses work? Yes, you pay for their gas. Or did you think that the money sent to them in exchange for their games they make goes to someone else? That money is called "income". It pays "salaries". Salaries enable people to buy gas.

And this is why I find your posts to utterly lack any credence.

Regards,

Ken