ALLIED HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Haha! Nothing so mystical unfortunately. They were piles of dirt and debris that I modeled off an actual photo. There seems to be random piles and mounds around the place in the Hungarian countryside. I suspect they are created by farmers who push debris out of the way to flatten the area, and then they are left there. Then grass and brush grow on them. :)

Interesting that using actual photos as reference, that often the features of the landscape (both natural and man made) are somewhat unusual and unexpected.

By the way, do you know who is actually on the allied team?

Did Jaeger Jonzo defect? What about Ardem?

Snols and Pallebahtep are active.

Marco2marzo has popped in once.

I haven't heard anything from Strachwitz.

So do we have only 3 active members besides myself?

Yeah that is a beautiful map of Migojo.

We ripped through several turns last night and will hopefully keep it going today. We may be well into this fight in the next couple of days - will be interesting!

I will post screenies and some DAR commentary once the action starts proper.

As you have already seen the overall status I will just add a few flavour screenshots in here.

Overall as you will have seen above, the force is concentrated on the left and centre while the right flank is little more than a scout screen.

While initially the enemy was happy to open up at long range he now seems to hold extreme fire discipline, as demonstrated in the below screenshots. This is working better for him as my infantry is literally stumbling upon his positions.

Overall the battle is going well. We have lost some heroes amongst the scouts but the fascists cannot stand against us. We have broken through their first two defense lines.

On the right flank our scouts fall to IG fire.

Right%20Flank%20scouts_zpsafwzwaxy.jpg

On the left flank one Tanker has had to much Vodka and rushes to assist infantry under MG fire.... a hidden trench appears and a PZFaust round is caught in the bush.. Too close!

Too%20close_zpsh5stbryu.jpg

The tankers are too drunk to notice... turn right!! Our rifle men engage the fascists and prevent another shot

Turn%20RIGHT_zpsw8j2oupq.jpg

In the centre the action is at extreme close range

Up%20close_zpsj85rljtz.jpg

A little behind, our tanks spray suppressing fire at any trench and fox hole in sight.

juggernaut_zpsuqj7tfz8.jpg

The AT gun at the centre of the village (overall screenshot) was silenced by concerted MG and Tank fire down the promenade.

Silencing%20the%20gun_zpszwzioci1.jpg

FLASH MOD!

Here they are. Take 'em or leave 'em. 3 slightly different T34/85 turrets for this battle. 1 has white bear emblem, 1 has a faded bear emblem and 1 has a bigger bear, a number and a slogan "Onward to Budapest".

Probably will not match up well to somebody else's weathered hulls but will be fine with stock hulls.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6wu05j4uo2zb0n5/AACIlpNif2DL-T0HCZMsurGIa?dl=0

Onward_zpsgrmtbvub.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Sounds like the battle is going well Pallebahtep! Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the reports and the screen shots, they look great in the dawn light.

It's quite a thrill to have built the map, and then see the screen shots of the battle.

What do you use to capture the images? I found the normal 'print screen' doesn't work so well, and I bought the 'Fraps' program about a year ago.

Nice mod Phil! :)

Hey Concord - It's a really nice map to play, I'm enjoying it :)

When I do Screenshots I use FRAPS for the capture and then use GIMP to convert to JPG or do any other alterations to the files.

Kohlenklau - those mods look very nice, Thank you very much. I am a beginner when it comes to mods so I have not yet managed to add these to my game. I'm seeking help from dr. google but until I find success my screenies may not show them.

I am on a PC/windows. Find the main Red Thunder folder. some/My Documents/Battlefront/CombatMission/RedThunder there you should see 5 or so things including a Game Files folder and User Data folder.

Go in User Data folder and you should see Mods folder or make a new folder named Mods. Paste my "CMPzC Nyaleves T34-85" folder with the 3 bmp images into that folder and run the game.

When you do not want to see T34-85 with my mods, just remove the folder from the Mods folder....

ah, I just pasted the files straight in. I did it as you describe with a subfolder and now it works great. Thanks!

*** SITREP

Fascists unleashed three heavy sets of mortar barrages on the approaches. We estimate approximately 30-35 casualties across the entire force. We suspect use of preplanned TRP as there were no spotter rounds seen.

This is a setback but we will prevail.

Hi Pallebahtep. Yeah, I know the feeling myself all too well.

But remember, the enemy artillery is out of your control, and you're making good progress.

Rally your men as best you can and continue where you have strength.

I'd be wary of sending your tanks in front of your infantry - as much as possible, use the infantry to spot positions, and then reduce them methodically with the tank's long range firepower.

Keep your chin up, and pound them into dust! Even if you don't end up taking all the ground, we can still win by eliminating the enemy, so take your time.

Snols, what's the status of your battle?