ALLIED HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Short summary of turn 21-20 in T3A Sapper Assault

By now 3 PzIV knocked out, few soldiers killed and flyboys hit something in woods (I've noticed smoke), propably truck. I'm trying to send more huns to hell!

Our loses - one IS-2, and about 8 men 

Edited by Snols

Excellent work comrade!

Alright, here's what I'm thinking for the upcoming turn:

• It seems apparent to me the enemy does hold an advantage in armored strength, especially with the King Tiger's ability to dominate a battlefield. Call it 'Tiger Fright' if you want, but I want those units destroyed, or isolated.
  • A decisive movement is not possible until this unbalance is redressed, hence the focus on destroying enemy armor.
  • Once enemy armored strength is reduced, we can attack and destroy individual positions using our own armor in a concentrated fashion.

It is my intention to destroy completely the enemy forces directly opposite our position, while allowing our light forces to conduct harassing raids into the enemy's rear area.

Thoughts?

Here is the latest Op Map with color coded intel on axis forces in view.

T3A%20Allied%20View_zpsebwcjeyg.jpg

T3A%20Intel_zpssyib3tpd.jpg

And the allied forces in relative positions from the op map hexes if you follow me. Running out of colors! 

T3A%20Allied%20Forces_zpsyyikhjhz.jpg

We achieved high casualties in our armor units, but the enemy units have also been weakened. If I remeber correctly enemy lost 2 Panthers and have only 2 King Tigers and 2 Panthers left in one comapny. Beside he may have about two companies of PzIV tanks and one Panther coy, and one StuG coy. We should try to secure town of Nyire....something and "rescue" our immobile T34. After that we shuld continue the attack

The attack on Nyiregyhaza will go ahead as was intended, my intention there is to sever the enemy line of supply, and remove their artillery support.

Aside from that, my plan for the upcoming turn is to assemble all armor with a large force of supporting infantry, and strike a decisive blow against the largest enemy formation available.

However, that will all have to wait until after the Axis turn, where we will see what our fascist pig enemies have in store for us.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe to break out some vodka, it wasn't a decisive turn, but I don't think it was a bad one for my very first attempt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...