AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Fusiliers again Mirek? Take care of your troops Hauptmann!

Do you understand the diagram? You are white box in Migojo. You lost a few men by incoming fire.

The attackers come from the red box.

NOTE: In this panzer campaigns map we have limited map selections and we have had to make the north direction over on the right edge to align with some very nice topo maps of 1944 Hungary.

In your CM battle map the north is the north. For this Migojo battle, like with the sapper night probe, the Soviets will come from the east. Understand?

Not all of those red box units can assault. Your men were able to "disrupt" one unit with defensive fire, so that one cannot get organized for the assault! 

But you have an unknown number of vehicles and soldiers assaulting. XX vehicles 10-99 unknown but most likely less than 20. XXX soldiers. Could be 300-500? We'll soon see! :D

Phil

Did I miss a movement phase between turn 1 and 2?  Or did my units concept convey the thought that I was not moving during turn 1?

If I conveyed the thought that I did not want to move, then OKW should shoot me  :D.  

I have cost the III Armor Korps at least 2 kilometers of maneuver space and put the fate of the 46th Infantry Division in jeopardy or at least the 46th Fusiliers.

I am just trying to make sure I understand the operational level turn mechanics flow.

I was also to slow to tell you that all of the remaining 23rd Panzer Division and Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 should be in the travel mode as of turn 1.

Just when I thought I had some understanding, the learning curve srtikes again  :huh: .

I guess I have confused you with that Migojo night battle at 0400. Think of that as a prequel outside the actual timeframe of the operation.

0600 is the start of the operation. Turn1. Allies went first so think of that as turn 1a which continues on with their assaults and THEN we start your axis portion of turn 1, called turn1b and you get to make moves and declares assaults.

So, we are now still in turn 1a and the 2 assaults will be resolved in CM and THEN we start turn 1b.

So, sit on those moves til the CM battles are completed. Your moves may change based on the battles!

Edited by kohlenklau

Phil

Terrific.  I now have the understanding of what is going on.  I knew the Allies would have the initiative.  I am now in synch with you.

I guess reading the rules is not all its cracked up to be  ;) .

You are correct then the plan will probably change.

Doug

I can take that 2nd battle:

I havn't set up a battle in a while. Can my Oppo set it up?

Do we have any info on the attacking force? I expect 1x armored unit with 0 to 99 T-34-76, 1x RIfle unit with 100-999 men and another infantry unit with less than 10 men?

Serk

Edited by Serk

Battle is custom map and I am writing the battle up. It should be ready in a day or 2.

Tonight I can share you a dropbox download link to see the map without any units for your battlefield recon.

We have the best info right there. Soon your side will maybe have some recon flights or the CO can move in closer with Aufklarungs units.

Sometimes they can make a better determination of the enemy unit numbers. Sometimes they still get the same X-XX-XXX stuff.

When the battle is finally ready, I will set it all up and enter the team universal passwords. I will get your e-mail address and invite you to share a dropbox to start the defensive set-up.

I will send the password by PM.

How about this new carrot and stick idea?

Where as I have indeed made AAR as non-mandatory, I am thinking how to show preference to PBEM foot soldiers who do post screenshots with an interesting narrative.

This could be head of the line treatment for future battles or perhaps a special addition or interesting wrinkle in their next battle.

Phil

I have one assumption and that is the Wespe can fire indirectly as well as directly.

With that assumption:

• 114 Art Reg is in direct support of 46 Fusilier
  • 3 Schwere is in direct support of 52 Pz Jg Abt
  • 1/AR 128 is in direct support of 52 Pz Jg Abt

Direct artillery support to me means that the FOs or HQ elements control the artillery fire in CM.

PzC implications of the artillery firing in direct support means what?  What happens to the artillery in the follow on portions of Turn 1?  What does this mean for Turn 2?

I am trying to understand the game mechanics of PzC and artillery and how it also affects the game mechanics within CM.

My simple understanding is that artillery should be able to fire for all of Turn 1.  This simple understanding means that all 3 artillery units should be able to fire during the Allied Turn 1 and German Turn 1 PzC flow.  Given this understanding, then I am able to conduct two direct support artillery strikes in CM for Turn 1,  Is this correct or am I way off base?

Doug

Edited by fabishdFGM

Hi Doug,

Yes, you assume correctly. All of these artillery assets of yours will be off-map and for an FO, will show up as available assets as applicable for how you split them.

I am at work <curses!> but I think the heavy mortars can be split 2 for the Migojo battle and 2 for the forest battle if you so desire.

One of the rules we use for artillery is to save it for the CM battle where it can be devastatingly effective versus the poor results you see in the Op turn.

And in fact you must choose either or. Can't have both.

You can save it for all your CM battles and never use it in the op turns.

If you move the artillery in the op turn and it is setting up, then it may be unavailable for the CM battles for that turn and maybe the next. Not your case at this time! :D

Hi Doug,

Yes, you assume correctly. All of these artillery assets of yours will be off-map and for an FO, will show up as available assets as applicable for how you split them.

I am at work <curses!> but I think the heavy mortars can be split 2 for the Migojo battle and 2 for the forest battle if you so desire.

One of the rules we use for artillery is to save it for the CM battle where it can be devastatingly effective versus the poor results you see in the Op turn.

And in fact you must choose either or. Can't have both.

You can save it for all your CM battles and never use it in the op turns.

If you move the artillery in the op turn and it is setting up, then it may be unavailable for the CM battles for that turn and maybe the next. Not your case at this time! :D

Phil

Given your input above, I desire a change in the artillery apportionment.

• 114 Art Reg is in direct support of 46 Fusilier
  • 3 Schwere is in direct support of 52 Pz Jg Abt with 2 tubes and direct support of 46 Fusilier with 2 tubes.
  • 1/AR 128 is in direct support of 52 Pz Jg Abt

I had a look at the map. Flat terrain covered with woods and crossed by a river.  There is also a railroad and a road. Not many distinguishing terrain feature IMO, but russian armor should have trouble moving foward.

What are your orders commander? defend the line to prevent encirclement of the town?

Kohlenklau, I'm not that good at spotting area where you can cross a river. Can you tell me how many there are and where?

Thanks

Serk

Edited by Serk

Serk

Did you get a look at the current enemy situation and the forces that are coming against you?

If you did not here is the link http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120078-axis-hqaar-cmpzc-operation-nyakleves/page-5#entry1619982.

What do you think you should do given our mission and my intent?

I am going to post these slides again for this turn.