AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Phil

The diagrams did help a little.  I have to get use to the PzC mechanics and what the diagrams are showing.

My problem is I cannot access DB from work which makes it difficult to process things timely.  However I will be able to work around this problem.

Some additional OOB questions, is I/AR 128 part of the 2nd Hugarian Armored Division?  Is the additional 2nd Hugarian Armored Division unit shown in the OOB picture you posted?

Is this OOB correct:

Slide1_zpssvgjwtti.jpg

Slide2_zpse9usb6pv.jpg

I like to tweak it as things arise. 

You are the Germans and your units can break down into smaller components due to excellent leadership.

Also, you have support requests pending up at 6th Armee HQ. They are staffing the requests for reinforcements (air support, Flak Guns, infantry and Pioneers). Standby!

Take your time. If I didn't already say: Allies get to go first on this campaign.

Allied CO will advise his moves and any assaults and then afterwards you get to move while you man the fire brigade in the finest tradition of the panzer waffe.

Phil

Again thank you with all your help.  I did download the free game and print out the manual.  I am trying to slug through it to become a game novice.  I should be a nice learning curve.

Yes I screwed up the DTGs.  I have been converting some of my other planning documents to fit this operation.

I need to get back to the screenshots to get the DTG and locations for the units.

Do you have the appropriate email addresses for all the commanders?  I will start posting planning information on DB and with their email addresses I can give them access.

Or should I post the documents here so others can see what the Germans are doing?  I am such a rookie.

I think your stuff is great and I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm. I just thought maybe I hadn't told you the date yet.

WHERE TO POST STUFF:

I think we all will not look where we are not supposed to...so I think you can keep it simpler for yourself and post most everything here.

Plus like you said, we can have the fans out there root and cheer you onward! The forumites. And you can point our FGM buddies here to see as well. :D

But I do recommend that detailed prebattle CM stuff can and should be taken to a BFC PM. It allows the in depth focused discussion in private versus here in public.

Like I am doing with Mirek and you will always be included in on that.

I don't have all the e-mails but if you did want them, we can ask.

Phil

I finally plotted where all the units are for my recorded keeping and came up with this additional guidance for 230400SEP1944.  I am not sure if the artillery support is doable with everything that you put into motion.

DECISIVE OPERATION:

46 Fusilier BN conducts an area defense that turns the Allies east towards EA Lila while attriting some of the Allied forces with priority targets being AT gun vehicles, infantry, armor then cavalry

SHAPING OPERATION:

52 Pz Jg Abt provides long range supporting fires for 46 Fusilier BN to attrit Allied forces with priority targets armor, cavalry, AT gun vehicles then infantry
I/126 PG Rgt prepares to move into their area defensive sector south of PL Birke between PLs Ahorn & Apfel
II/126 PG Rgt prepares to move into their area defensive sector south of PL Birke between PLs Ahorn & Apfel
I/128 PG Rgt prepares to move into their area defensive sector north of PL Birke between PLs Ahorn & Apfel
II/128 PG Rgt prepares to move into their area defensive sector north of PL Birke between PLs Ahorn & Apfel
1 Pz Rgt 23 prepares to move to AA IV
2 Pz Rgt 23 prepares to move to AA IV
5 Pz Rgt 23 prepares to move to AA V
6 Pz Rgt 23 prepares to move to AA V
51 Pz Pio BN prepares to move to (4,3) then (3,3) conducting counter-mobility operations to establish hasty minefields in these locations
1 /Aufkl Abt 23 prepares to move east vic (4,6) to establish long range Allied contact but do not become decisively engaged.
2 /Aufkl Abt 23 prepares to move east vic (3,6) to establish long range Allied contact but do not become decisively engaged.
1 /R 128 provides direct fire support (CM FO control) for 46 Fusilier BN Priority targets armor, AT gun vehicles, cavalry then infantry
114 Art Reg provides direct fire support (CM FO control) for 46 Fusilier BN Priority targets armor, AT gun vehicles, cavalry then infantry
3 Schwere prepares to move with I/126 PG Rgt & II/126 PG Rgt into their area defensive sector and prepares to support III Korps units.  Priority targets infantry, AT gun vehicles, cavalry, then armor
III Pzk HQ stays in place & continues to coordinate with 6th Armee HQ for additional air support, Flak Guns, infantry and Pioneers

SUSTAINING OPERATION:

Edited by fabishdFGM

All Commanders 

We have enemy contact as follows:

III Korps Enemy Contact Final Report (230400SEP1944)

Location  Allied Unit Size & Equipment

1,8                  XXX Inf Rgt/23 Army, X AT gun vehicles

2,7                  XXX Inf Rgt/23 Army, XX T34 Arm Rgt/23 Army, XXX Cav Rgt/23 Army

Edited by fabishdFGM

Pretty wild stuff so far.  I'm really enjoying the work-up to action.  This should be quite interesting to play out.

Thanks Herr General fabishdFGM for jumping in to help Kohl with this project.  Congratulations...I think...for your new Eastern Front posting.  Hopefully you didn't run crosswise with someone in Berlin.  :D   It is, after all, zee Eastern Vront...

Kohl and fabishdFGM, I've got some heavy RL activity going right now so please don't fit me into the initial action if possible.  Things should even out after this week, I think.

Heinrich505

All Commanders

I finally feel like it might be catching up with the rest of you.

I have been putting together some planning stuff.  I am almost done with the 230400SEP1944 planning but here is the link to my thoughts  http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/fabishd/library/Operation%20Nyakleves/Turn%201%20Planning%20230400SEP1944?sort=3&page=1.  Please let me know what you think.

Doug

It has some 2AD St Lo references still so it was slightly confusing to me.

Plus it opened on the photobucket library page.

My typical SOP is to go into my photobucket to my desired image and select it there and then on the right side in photobucket image page you left-click on IMG and it copies to the clipboard the link to then ctrl-v here in the BFC forum in your post. Follow me? Just don't ever go delete your photobucket images or you leave a dead link here forever and ever. til the end of time.

Edited by kohlenklau

Phil

I agree about the 2AD stuff I need to delete these references from the file.  These deletions will allow me to be completely caught up.  My update process is not very efficient  :unsure: .  I promise to catch up with some additional time.

I also follow what you are saying about the procedures for BFC forum updates.  I tried putting every slide as an image in one posting and had it bomb out because I exceeded my allotted number of images that I could post.

My learning curve is not as steep as it could be  :)

No intent to slam your curve. :D

I always just go direct to/from my photobucket page. I don't use the BFC image hosting.

Like this below for example. I got the Hungarian art done finally.... thanks to help from MikeyD with a photoshop technique.

AxisOOBrev1_zpspazukzb3.jpg

EDIT: I still have to adjust a few fatigue levels and morale settings.

Edited by kohlenklau

The above map screenshot as per the date-time group label shows the 0400 Migojo Night battle.... which is moving along quickly and so we will soon start the actual Operation at 0600.

Allied CO goes first and we are discussing and ironing out his initial moves. Standby.

Edited by kohlenklau