AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Todt means dead in German. Right? Your character is the HQ commander on foot and I am pretty sure I saw he was killed in the battle....

What would you do without me? No - 'Todt' is the name of the guy where hobo has linked to (which is the guy who build the 'Siegfriedlinie' but wrong forum for that).

'Tod' means 'death' (Nomen), 'tot' is 'being dead (Adjektiv). I had to look that up - it's quite complicated. Who would have thought?

So: 'Mirek ist tot.' He will be glad to know. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

About 15 minutes left to go in the Defence battle.

After sitting motionless for about 10-15 minutes, one of his IS-2's suddenly spotted and killed one of my PzIV's. Seconds later a different IS-2 spotted and killed another. :(
I should, of course, complain about the spotting in this game :lol:

2 turns later a 3rd PzIV went down. He, at least, saw his opposing IS-2 for about 1/4 of a second before he went up in a cloud of glory.
During this time, an IS-2 got close enough to my lines to take a schreck smack in the side - full penetration. He reversed away ! :o :angry:

Other than that, the Russians seem to have a shedload of aircraft - Axis aircraft have dropped 2 or 3 bombs ( one was really big ). Russian aircraft have so far dropped over 10, although only about 3-4 infantry have actually died to it.

We shall prevail, not one step back, etc. etc. blah blah :)

More bad news from the front.

Magical Russian spotting continues :( An IS-2 saw an infantry HQ team, prone, in the woods ... on the other side of another wooded area. And obliterated them. It then spotted a Stummel nearby and killed it too.

An aircraft strafed and destroyed one of the 2 trucks I had not exited. I then noticed that sometime in the last couple of turns, the other truck had been KO'd too. :(

We continue to not move and not see anything :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...