AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Edit: I think I have the names correct now for axis and allied sides.

Nyakleves%20Roster%2030June_zpsa4zhedvj.

Achtung Axis Team!

Who wants the first PBEM? A warm-up, appetizer street battle in the town of Migojo, Hungary.

Coming soon...Operational background, objectives, set up zones, map hex guide, rules and locations of nearby hotels, bars and massage parlours.

Edited by kohlenklau

Wonderful! Just checking so we have good mutual understanding. :D

No map support needed at this time. 

For all axis players: here are the current rules/procedures...

CMPzC Battle Booklet

(The PBEM Foot Soldier’s Guide)

CMPzC is an operational combination of Battlefront’s Combat Mission (CM) and John Tiller’s Panzer Campaigns (PzC).

Here is a link to download the Panzer Campaigns demo if you are curious and want to see what it is like.  http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

1.    In CMPzC you get to fight some CM H2H battles as part of a greater context. Your victory or defeat down at the platoon or company level will impact the greater overall mission up at the brigade or division level. Additionally, your unit’s casualties in one battle can leave you in a tough spot for later battles. The operation is created by the Game Manager from a PzC game scenario. Nothing is ever perfect and compromises must be accepted in certain areas to allow the Operation to press forward. Thanks for joining us and we hope you enjoy it.  :D

2.   The Operation starts with a PzC turn with certain phases (movement, offensive fire and defensive fire) and if any assaults are declared then there will be 1 or more CM PBEM battles. Your chance to shine! As background, PzC hexes are 1kmx1km and a PzC turn is 2 hours. The in house policy is to restrict the Operation to a max PzC turns of say 3, 5 or 6, but always 10 or less. So, think of it as a day of operational battle.  The overall PzC Map is likewise restricted to a nominal 10kmx10km area. PzC units are typically company size units for infantry, troop/platoon size for tanks. I try to have no more than 10 units per side including artillery and HQ’s. All these limits are to keep things manageable and provide the best chance that we will see it through to the end.

3.   Rules: Here is the basic set of rules first created by noob…

https://sites.google...operations/home

4.   As a PBEM foot soldier, you will be assigned a unit for a battle. Your team will get a chance to download the map beforehand with no enemy units on it. Just the proposed battle map with your own unit in their set-up zone (SUZ). Study it carefully. If you see any issues, bring them up immediately, BEFORE the PBEM starts.  Don’t waste your time with set up yet. You must wait for the actual PBEM battle turn to commence your deployment.

5.   Battle Start LOS: Be warned that some of these PBEMs CAN start off with units in LOS of each other. Take cover as needed or as best you can right from the start.

6.   Exit Zones: Most often you will have an exit zone strip of Action Square (AS) tiles along some edge of your map. Stay away from them unless it is time for a designated retreat or withdrawal ordered or permitted by your CO.

7.   Battle Objectives: Hit Alt-J to see what objectives are designated. Ask your CO for any clarification on your goals for the battle beyond normal SOP of protecting your own forces and destroying the enemy.  

8.   Artillery and mortars: Please follow the rules for our policy of restricting artillery and mortars from overtaking the game. Defender cannot preplan any fire. Both sides have a max diameter for area fire per “tube”. 20m per EACH mortar and 35m for EACH “tube” of regular artillery. Plus up to 10% wiggle room since it can be hard to exactly adjust it with your mouse. The exact diameter you have requested can be double-checked in the artillery mission dialog box under the spotter for the mission. Example: 2 mortars would be an area target of 2x20=40x1.1= 44m max diameter. 4 x105mm artillery guns = 4x35=140x1.1 =154m max diameter. Got it?

9.   PBEM turn rate: Well, we don’t expect you to play 5 turns a day but also if you will be gone for several days due to RL, please let someone know. Perhaps if the absence is significant then we should assign a substitute to assume control of the battle. Or perhaps we can wait for your return but at least raise the issue so we can figure it out together. Thanks.

10.Fog of War (FOW): Please maintain FOW and have a fair battle so don’t go looking in the other side’s thread or browse around where you shouldn’t.

11. AAR’s: It is not required but it is greatly appreciated to do an AAR in the BFC forums with screenshots and some cool commentary.  :D

Here are the little counters for units on the PzC map.

I redid some of the art just to make it look snazzy. Some is from other folk's mods. I still have to finish a few.

For any counter: art of the unit, designation of the unit, headcount, morale, movement points available, fatigue. If I right-click you also get more info, mode of travel, chain of command, etc.

Anyway, this is for some background as we play. Most of you are here for the PBEMs but the point is to see your battle's impact on the bigger picture up at some higher level.

AxisOOB_zpsog6yps8a.jpg

Achtung!!!

I am pleased to announce that the axis force CO for this Operation has established his BFC forum account and his kubelwagen and staff are enroute here at this very moment.

fabishdFGM will play the role of General der Panzertruppe Hermann Brieth, Korpsfuhrer of the III Panzer Korps. 

Doug is a retired US Army officer (28 years total service). He has shown me some top quality images and mission statements to guide the battle. 

All the axis PBEM foot soldiers, please welcome your new Axis CO and raise a toast of Hungarian wine to your coming battlefield successes.  

ZUM SIEG! (to victory!)

OK, dropbox invites are out to both of the players and both the CO's to examine the map. Briefings and intel are being sent by PM.

I will roll in any feedback from those 4 guys and we can start in a few days I figure. Looking great!

Then as they fight the appetizer we can iron out the operational side, some of my art for the units and other tiny details.

The next wave of battles I will have several to hand out. :D

fabishdFGM should make an appearance around here sometime soon. I really appreciate that he volunteered to be the axis CO. It is so much better with an actual separate person as CO. Thanks Doug!

Kohlenklau

AA = Assembly area

EA = Engagement area

These graphics will assist in controlling the forces (AA).  EA assist in where you want to kill the enemy by shaping the rest of the battlefield.

I hope to further explain this as I develop what will happen for the 0660 hour turn.

I am unfortunately coming along slowly in understanding the operations rules.  I am trying to get through all the rules in the big manual  :D .

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the schooling. 

Sorry for the flood of info.

Did those screenshots in the one dropbox folder help at all?

Oh, an important thing. North ended up having to be to the right. I know I know.

It is a long story and I apologize. The map makers found an awesome 1940's topo of the area and started using it to depict this area with CM maps and long story short, I didn't want to turn their world so I turned mine.

North_zpsd1v4qb29.jpg