What is your best lesson learned from CMBS experience?

haha lmao its gonna cost you a hefty plane ticket from cali

Joke's on you Phone Typer, I can be there in eight hours by tank...three if I take the Mord Copter...east coast Pasadena...EAST COAST! I'm gonna bring the hammer down and send you back to your desktop keyboard! Vive le Craftsmen!

Mord.

best experience is I cant play this on NVIDE GTX980 over 10 FPS at all. For some reason even on lowest setting this game has poor optimization on OpenGL for NVIDIA. 10 FPS and lower.

There are a few threads in the forum about settings for nvidia cards that might alliviate some of your problems. Do a search for all CM*2 games.

Joke's on you Phone Typer, I can be there in eight hours by tank...three if I take the Mord Copter...east coast Pasadena...EAST COAST! I'm gonna bring the hammer down and send you back to your desktop keyboard! Vive le Craftsmen!

Mord.

pssh come find me

*image removed by mod*

Edited by ChrisND

Always playing - despite all the limits of a game - as a simulation with possible lessons for real world I'd say:

1. Situational awareness on a modern battlefield is even more important than it was in WWII for example.

2: The usefulness - or danger - of all the modern gadgetry like night vision IR and laser optics, UAV and precision     guidance

3. closely connected with point 2 and the fact that more ammo is using the third dimension today: there isn't a safe defilade anymore

Best lesson learned from CMBS for me is 'm1200 + global hawk + precision artillery or AIR = game changer'. Haven't tried this combo in a PBEM but I suspect it to be very difficult to counter. 

On the Russian side the precision artillery isn't that fast IIRC, but any dedicated observer vehicle combined with a drone will be very effective too, especially against US as their AA assets are rather limited.

Edited by Lethaface

With 11210 rarity points and 2242 points of value you won't use that asset in PBEM unless you play a Btn+ size battle, and even in that case it takes 20% of your available points (large battle size) and leaves you with too few rarity points that you won't be able to afford a single APS Abrams...

To give you a comparison, a Russian player can invest the same points (roughly) but only half the rarity to get: 2x6 152mm 2s19M2 and a Zala drone, that's 36 krasnpol rounds and 360 152mm stupid shells...

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

With 11210 rarity points and 2242 points of value you won't use that asset in PBEM unless you play a Btn+ size battle, and even in that case it takes 20% of your available points (large battle size) and leaves you with too few rarity points that you won't be able to afford a single APS Abrams...

To give you a comparison, a Russian player can invest the same points (roughly) but only half the rarity to get: 2x6 152mm 2s19M2 and a Zala drone, that's 36 krasnpol rounds and 360 152mm stupid shells...

Is the Global Hawk the most expensive rarity wise? Probably for the best since it can't be shot down in observe mode.

Edit: looked it up myself and although it's actual name is the MQ-1C Grey Eagle it does indeed have a high rarity cost of 11755.

Edited by Lethaface

Tried a little medium QB as the attacker in attack: Strip an Armored Task force off all but one mixed rifle company and the artillery battery, add a single vehicle m1200 and two RQ-7B shadows to the TOE and you're ready to rock :D

Probably a bit unfair in an actual PBEM, unless the Russian player goes for a Tunguska heavy setup.

we.ll finish ourd sburke. dont worry and turn rate will improve. yet i have an idea id like to float to you.. ive been doing it with someone and its an absolute ball

if it is another game, it will have to wait.  i am so over committed right now it isn't funny.

Tried a little medium QB as the attacker in attack: Strip an Armored Task force off all but one mixed rifle company and the artillery battery, add a single vehicle m1200 and two RQ-7B shadows to the TOE and you're ready to rock :D

Probably a bit unfair in an actual PBEM, unless the Russian player goes for a Tunguska heavy setup.

From my experience, Shadows and Ravens are shot down easily with even a single Tunguska, which most Russian players do buy.

From my experience, Shadows and Ravens are shot down easily with even a single Tunguska, which most Russian players do buy.

This is my experience also.  One Tunguska will destroy any Shadow or Raven UAVs the US player uses.  The Gray Eagle is generally to expensive, in both rarity and purchase points for the US player to afford.  On the other hand the Russian Zala UAV is a cost effective purchased and cannot be shot down by the US.  If you are playing Russians buy a Tunguska, a few Igla-s for backup and a Zala UAV.  Keep the Tunguska safe from direct fire (Just use it for air defense) and you can, in most cases, negate US air power.            

This is my experience also.  One Tunguska will destroy any Shadow or Raven UAVs the US player uses.  The Gray Eagle is generally to expensive, in both rarity and purchase points for the US player to afford.  On the other hand the Russian Zala UAV is a cost effective purchased and cannot be shot down by the US.  If you are playing Russians buy a Tunguska, a few Igla-s for backup and a Zala UAV.  Keep the Tunguska safe from direct fire (Just use it for air defense) and you can, in most cases, negate US air power.            

I've played a couple of PBEM QBs against a very competent Redfor player, and in cases where I have been using US units I have chosen not to buy fixed wing or helicopter assets. UAVs come standard with most US infantry platoons, so if you are playing medium to large QBs you get enough points to buy one or two platoons of SP 155mm artillery, which I think are equal to or more effective than CAS, with less chance of friendly fire incidents. Let the Russian player buy all the AAA and AA missles he wants, with nothing to shoot at but UAVs,  they are so much clutter on the battlefield

i wont buy the zala and generally ask Russ players to not purchase in pbems now bc you cannot shoot them down currently.

I wonder if squads with machineguns could be made to engage Zala. Realistically that's how you would engage one as they have a similar flight profile to desert hawk.

I've played a couple of PBEM QBs against a very competent Redfor player, and in cases where I have been using US units I have chosen not to buy fixed wing or helicopter assets. UAVs come standard with most US infantry platoons, so if you are playing medium to large QBs you get enough points to buy one or two platoons of SP 155mm artillery, which I think are equal to or more effective than CAS, with less chance of friendly fire incidents. Let the Russian player buy all the AAA and AA missles he wants, with nothing to shoot at but UAVs,  they are so much clutter on the battlefield

Yep, I agree with all of this.  The one possible problem might be how you want to use the US 155mm arty.  IME using the US 155mm artillery in coordination with UAVs for precision artillery strikes and conventional arty strikes will be difficult since the Russians will shoot them all down (probably with a Tunguska).  Now if you are talking about using the 155mm arty the old fashion way with a F/O spotting and calling it in I guess this might work............ and is probably the only choice if the Russians have a Tunguska (which they will).  ;)

In certain cases however, I've seen Ravens survive in larger maps. Mostly in large scenarios: a Raven called in far away from Tunguskas might be missed by them. Not always, but it happens rather frequently. But I've never really seen Shadows survive anything. They are the closest thing we have to a flying bullet magnet.