Sign in to follow this  
GhostRider3/3

Vehicle Pack quirk

I have not played my Normandy game in some time and loaded up some of the new vehicles to check them out.

Most of them just show the crew, no vehicle, a couple are just black colored vehicles with no texture

The Pz 38T AA vehicle is completely fine?

Should I reinstall the vehicle pack?

I only ask because it seems installing the vehicle pack is a lengthy process.

@GhostRider3/3: Did you follow the installation instructions carefully?

--->

The Vehicle Pack requires the base game upgraded to v3.0 but no other modules (however, to access module specific vehicles, that module is required; for example, you can’t access the British vehicles if you only have the base game and no modules). It comes with IMPORTANT special installation instructions, which you'll find at the bottom.

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

The Vehicle Pack includes important updates to our anti-piracy protection and activation system. As such it comes with new instructions for how to install and activate it:

Most importantly, the Vehicle Pack will require you to activate your base game v3.0 as well as any modules you may have in addition to the Pack itself. You will need the v3.0 Upgrade license key for the base game that you received when you purchased the 3.0 Upgrade, and keys from the purchase of each of the modules (for example: the CMBN + Commonwealth Forces Bundle, or the Big Bundle, or any module alone). Re-licensing these after installing the Vehicle Pack is NOT going to use any of your remaining activations.

The way you activate changed, as well. When launching the pack for the first time, you will be prompted to activate the base game. Use the 3.0 Upgrade license key for that. On subsequent launches, the activation screen will NOT appear automatically. To force it to show up and allow you to activate additional components, please use the "Activate" shortcut instead of launching the game. The shortcut will allow you to enter any valid key to unlock additional content, such as modules, packs or upgrades. You will have to do this for each module, upgrade or pack you own. The shortcut can be found on your desktop after installation, or inside the Start>All Programs>Battlefront group on the PC, or inside the Documents folder on the Mac

Detailed activation instructions are available in the ReadMe file available during installation, as well as in the game manual, and in our Knowledgebase at http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com.

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 28 October 2014 )

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=333&Itemid=582

Yes, I did all of what was required.  Its not a big deal.  I have every module.  But It seems it did not install correctly.  Anyways I will not go through installing, and uninstalling everything again.  The pack is great but not worth the time.  I just hope they come up with better ways next time to install a simple vehicle pack.

I am also a bit confused,  as I bought the vehicle pack and installed it but no request came up to enter in a activation key.  From my understanding I am supposed to reactivate the other modules after I installed it but can't figure out how to do this.  Any help?  I am certain it did not install as there is no diamond icon on my launch screen and the vehicles do not show up when I try to purchase them.  I am on a mac and they came is patched up to 3.11

I am also a bit confused,  as I bought the vehicle pack and installed it but no request came up to enter in a activation key.  From my understanding I am supposed to reactivate the other modules after I installed it but can't figure out how to do this.  Any help?  I am certain it did not install as there is no diamond icon on my launch screen and the vehicles do not show up when I try to purchase them.  I am on a mac and they came is patched up to 3.11

With a Mac install, in the overall CM B for N folder there is a Documents folder ... in that folder there is an item Activate New Products.sh ... run that item, and it opens up the activation routine for you to enter the VP activation key ...

Hope this helps, post again if it doesn't for any reason ...

I did find the Activate new products.sh and ran it and successfully entered my key for CMBN 3.0 but no other prompts came up for the other modules.  How can I get those to come up?

I did find the Activate new products.sh and ran it and successfully entered my key for CMBN 3.0 but no other prompts came up for the other modules.  How can I get those to come up?

IIRC there is no specific prompt for the other modules ... you just have to "know" to put the next module key into the appropriate box, then run the process again ... and you should find each module in turn unlocked. I know, not the most obvious of processes ...  :) 

Guys,

I have a Mac, and I've recently been through the complete install drill following some maddening general CMBN issues. Basically, if you already have the game installed to some level, be it vanilla CMBN, CMBN + CW, CMBN + CW + MG and wish to add the VP, you first DL the VP. You then need to open the Activation Screen and recertify your CMBN 3.0 game license, if you will,. after which you will then provide the Activation Key for VP. Be sure to check the vehicles are actually in the game by firing it up, selecting a QB, setting the points high enough, then setting it up for Allow Human. Now purchase, say, flail tanks. Don't worry whether you've filled out your force buy, simply hit Okay and go check the map. You should have the vehicle/s you selected. For me, this worked the first time through. If it doesn't, then DL and repeat. Your file may have become corrupted. Regarding the having to keep opening the Activation panel, what a pain! As far as I'm concerned, it should sit there and ask if there is another Activation until manually closed. The part I really don't understand is why there's no Paste function for entering the License Keys. This has forced me to manually enter codes which would likely more than suffice to release nukes. From when I first got CMBN, and in all Upgrades and Modules since, I've never had a Paste function to do this. I'm starting to wonder, given some of the things which have been said to me, whether the PC side of the house does and Macs don't? Let me know if I can help.

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Pasting the key into the activation panel works on a Mac just like for any other purpose ...

When you purchase a module etc, you get an auto generated email from BF containing a link to your download, and confirmation of your key for it. Using whatever mouse / keyboard method you normally use, select and copy the key from the email and paste it into the box in the activation panel ... works just like you'd expect. (And, save the key(s), labelled for its module, in a handy text file so you can re-enter it the same way if / when necessary ...)

No more transposing the nuke release codes ... :)

Vehicle Pack special install instructions:

- Yes, they are a pain, and they are different than all other CM installs. Why? Because it is a NEW way forward. Starting with the VP, all releases will include every module, expansion pack, and family member. When you purchase an expansion, it will be a code which unlocks something you already have. If that makes sense.

So, the VP includes all 4 games: CMBN, CW, MG, and VP. It then, based on what you purchased, includes a code that unlocks specific portions of the game. If you never bought MG, your VP code will unlock CMBN, CW, and VP; not MG.

A benefit of this approach is that there need not be ANY pre-game negotiation with your oppo: if he has all 4 modules, but you're missing MG, his game will allow you BOTH to play a pbem which has MG elements in it. Or, that's my understanding of it. Previously, that wouldn't be the case.

Ok, I think I need a complete restall then of the VP.  I am running 3.11  (Engine 3.0)  I thought version 3.10 basically was the updated VP Version.

When I ordered the Market Garden, I also ordered the VP and 3.0.  It came on ONE disc MG disc 3.10   I am running version 3.11  My take is the instalation was quirked up somehow, which honestly is the first time I have ever done so with 98 perecent of my games.. the only screw ups were some old DOS games way back in the day.

Here are some screen shots:

UK Vehicles.  Crocidille

19274266438_f68fa835bd_m.jpg

No Hummel, and the Grille and the French vehicles are either blacked out or invisible.

18841237013_fb4bfc5d3f_m.jpg

No Flame HT for Germans as well.  Anyways cand someone savy enough explain if they just need skins?  But I take it thats not the case as I have skins for the Grille and all the French vehicles I could find on Greenasjades site.

18839314704_26f9ccfbaf_b.jpg

Edited by GhostRider3/3

I guess I cant get my VP pack working right.  The one in all Disc is 100.00 dollars which I may just purcase and delete what I have now off my system.

When I ordered Market Garden, I ordered the 3.0 and Vehicle Pack at the same time.  One disc with 3 Serial #'s.  No brainer right, installed to version 3.11 with the latest patch.  No VP icon so my question is to an administrator is the Market Garden the NEW base game, so there is no need for Normandy, and Commonwealth serial numbers?  My old copies of Normandy and Commonwealth that is, because I cant find those serial numbers on my account online anyways... not even my purchase orders for Normandy or Commonwealth show up.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

Sign in to follow this