Kampfgruppe Engel- New stealth tanks?

Hi all,

I am a new player to Combat Mission and loving every minute.After the tutorial campaigns and a few quick matches against the computer I thought I would through myself into one of the larger and longer campaigns. At random this was Kampfgruppe Engel.

So I finish the first mission with only 18 men KIA or WIA and a truck driven ,seemingly, by Rambo. I started the second mission and formulated my plan. However I look round for my tank support and find only the Pz 2s on the board. I start the mission anyway thinking on the lines of 'they must be on flank/rear guard or reassigned of the mission' as to make this mission more difficult and well it ends badly.

I retry the campaign with similar losses in the first mission and still no medium tanks from 3 Troop are present.New invisible Panzers, American espionage or a game bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Kind regards

PS may have rage deleted the save but can generate another one if needed

I started this campaign just this week and on the first mission I missed the 75mm tank gun behind the sdkfz251. The crew and ammo bearers were there, but the gun wasn't.

Once I started playing it suddenly appeared as it should.

Second mission about to start and indeed, no pzII's, but also no Panther and/or PzkwIV's. I didn't have time tot start the game, because I had to go, but maybe they appear after hitting the end-of-turn button after set-up?

Again I do not have the time to play right now, but I wanted to let you know that I had the same issue.

So the question is: did you start playing the (2nd)scenario for one or more turns? If not, that could be the solution.

Edited by Seedorf81

Yeah, it sounds like a bug. I played Kampfgruppe Engel (which is german and translates to "Combat Team Angel", btw) a year ago and remember that there was a significant tank force present in each mission. What is mission 2 again? Could you describe it to me, ZombieJesus? Maybe i can tell you then if your forces are different from the ones i had when i played KG Engel.

Just tried 2nd scenario, multiple turns, no tanks.

Augusto:

mission two: your troops assembled at church. Straight road leads into town that has very long, also straight, road running through it, perpendicular to first road. Telling info: two enemy M8's far apart.

You can blow big part of town (enjoyingly)to smithereens with rocket strike.

There should be 2 PZII's, 1 Panther and 2 PzkwVI unless you lost them in first scenario, I believe, and two SPW250/9 (75mmgun).

Augusto:

mission two: your troops assembled at church. Straight road leads into town that has very long, also straight, road running through it, perpendicular to first road. Telling info: two enemy M8's far apart.

You can blow big part of town (enjoyingly)to smithereens with rocket strike.

There should be 2 PZII's, 1 Panther and 2 PzkwVI unless you lost them in first scenario, I believe, and two SPW250/9 (75mmgun).

Yeah 5 tanks seems about right IIIRC.

Seems to be a bug.

This has been reported in at least 3 other threads over the past year or so.

Honestly BFC needs to have a disclaimer on the purchase page for these expansions to tell people they will not be able to play the campaigns if they have 3.0, its bordering on false advertising.

Edited by Raptorx7

If KG Engles is a stock campaign, we should report the bug to one of the beta testers, because If it' s a stock campaign it' s Battlefronts job to fix it.

Hear, hear!

There ain't to many nice stock campaigns (I still believe the MG campaigns are unpleasantly tough) and now this one is broken!

That ain't good.

I still believe the MG campaigns are unpleasantly tough

Really? I will have to give them a try then, i like it if it' s painfully difficult. I have spent way too much time on stomping Syrians into the ground in CMSF lately, i feel like i need an enemy that actually at least tries to resist.

One of the beta testers is aware of this. And, real life allowing, is trying to look into it. If you have a save of a battle ending with some units which should show up in the NEXT battle, but don't, please let me know. Use this thread. We'll set up PM as needed to swap files.

I'd also like a link to the other threads which discussed this. I remember it coming up, but couldn't find it. (My personal attempt at retrying the campaign did not get missing vehicles.)

So, if this is broken, this thread is officially the non-official place to post your comments. Err, "constructive" comments...

Saves, anecdotes, what PRECISELY you are missing from which battle, etc. Details matter.

Thanks,

Ken

When I get on a proper computer later today I will re gather the links and bump them and re tie them together. I did do some specific testing with the earlier engine version for one of the campaigns and it clearly showed the issue. Again should be able to dig it all out later.

When I get on a proper computer later today I will re gather the links and bump them and re tie them together. I did do some specific testing with the earlier engine version for one of the campaigns and it clearly showed the issue. Again should be able to dig it all out later.

Thanks. That'd be a big help.

I would also love to see the old campaigns made compatible again. Apparently you can play them with 2.0 engine but since I bought the entire bundle then I have no clue on have to "downgrade" the game to 2.0 when needed. 

I have no idea how to downgrade. I -do- know that BFC has been responsive to fixing known bugs, especially those which affect the game like this.

Ok here we go...

Some previous threads in one easy to follow thread...

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119304-possible-bugs-for-older-campaigns-created-with-earlier-engines/?hl=holien#entry1603178

I passed a test file to Ian and I can re-send e-mails if you PM your e-mail address?

In the meantime I will update the Thread above with what i found....

I'm sorry, I was frustrated, couldn't possibly win without tank support, and deleted my Kampfgruppe Engel saves with the missing Pak and Tanks.

Still, everything else looked all right in those first two scenario's. The SPW250/9 and the Kubels and the Opel Blitz's were there, as they should, and

all the German infantry was there, too.

Hopefully there will be an swift and easy fix for the disappearing stuff..

One of the beta testers is aware of this. And, real life allowing, is trying to look into it. If you have a save of a battle ending with some units which should show up in the NEXT battle, but don't, please let me know. Use this thread. We'll set up PM as needed to swap files.

I'd also like a link to the other threads which discussed this. I remember it coming up, but couldn't find it. (My personal attempt at retrying the campaign did not get missing vehicles.)

So, if this is broken, this thread is officially the non-official place to post your comments. Err, "constructive" comments...

Saves, anecdotes, what PRECISELY you are missing from which battle, etc. Details matter.

Thanks,

Ken

I've go an Engel save game.  Will have to reload to make sure, but IIRC all of the German armour survived the first battle, but only Pz II's showed up the next battle.  (The ATG bug also hit, but the solution of "save & reload" brought it back, so that wasn't as bad.

Jyri

Edited by JyriErik