CMBS Campaign: The Eagle and the Bear

I just played the 1st mission. It was really a great one. 

Just one strange thing: In the AA Report (enemy surrended with at 07:53)  I read that I lost three tanks when the truth is that I had lost just one Arbams (!). Is it not strange?. Will these two be subtracted from next missions? I have saved the file.

Euri Im not sure on why that happened. I didnt see it occurring in any of my test runs and there wasnt any mention by the guys that playtested for me. I assume you are patched to the latest version of the game. That would be the only thing I would say might cause that. Let me know how it progresses and if there are any other issues.

Have a look at this also: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120334-the-eagle-and-the-bear-aar/

If I am reading correctly the AAR, the narrative speaks about a single lost Abrams  but the report states 3 tanks killed (!?)

I am currently at the third mission. So far it has been a great experience. I will report back

Edited by Euri

A feedback on the FOB senario:

Great map full of promises. However the battle was a piece of cake for the blue side. I got only 13 casualites when Russians surrendered with 40 mins left to go. I just deployed my Abrams and jav teams in good positions and then it was just like shooting ducks.

For me the problem was the slope of the map!

It should have been reversed in order to allow the Russian waves to closed the distance without being exposed to Tank and Javelin fires. If Russians were able to appear on my left flank more or less unharmed at the first tree line after the set up zone, then it would have been very very interesting.

I think the "Back to the Walls" scenario of the US campaign presents a good example of how to design a Red attack. The AI must be allowed to advance into contact safely, otherwise it becomes invariably a slaughterhouse. We must recognise that the AI has very serious limitations in attacking effectively and we should try to make up for this handicap.

Edited by Euri

Erwin, I believe you should give it a chance without an update. Missions 1, 2 & 3 are very good the way they are. Mission 4 is promissing, but with a well thought set up, one can win easyly. But with a lesser initial set up, it may get challenging

PS a correction on my feedback on Miss 4. Substitute "my center and right flank" for "my left flank"

Edited by Euri

• 1 month later...

Ok I have added the updated cam file and the mod tags together for any first time downloaders. If you have already downloaded previously use the above link to get the updated .cam file and replace the old one with it. Here is the link to the complete folder with the modtags and new .cam file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ethobrjtq5jcz6c/The Eagle and the Bear.zip?dl=0

Nordic just download from this link. Hope you enjoy.

Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...