Mark Twain once wrote his paper to inform them: "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

To those who have expressed concern for my health and well-being, my thanks and I will reply to you individually as soon as I can get my e-mail program to send as well as receive. For all of you who may be interested, I will write a more detailed report as soon as I can and post it in the GF, which is I think a more appropriate forum for such discussions. But not to keep you in too much suspense, I will say here that on the 26th. of March I was struck by a pickup truck which resulted in 11 broken ribs and a broken clavicle (no, that is not a baroque musical instrument). Since then I have spent five days in hospital and about two and a half months in a nursing facility and only arrived home today. I am in pretty good shape due to some good rehab work by some dedicated people. More later.

Michael

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking you old cur.

I shall steel myself for payback and wrath.

Nice to have you back.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Let me be the first to say, Oh christ you are back?  :D

The cesspool is not the same without you, .... compliment or insult... hmmm

Pickup truck eh? Sounds like the beginning of a country song there somewhere.

oh by the way we can get you a doody hat, but you'll need an avatar...

Edited by sburke

Dang, man, 'real world' stuff ain't suppose to happen to posters here! We're all meant to be spirits that haunt the internet immune to the travails of real life.

I'm reminded of something I once told a sick friend. You may not believe it now, but someday this is will all be nothing but a colorful anecdote you tell people at dinner parties.

Concerned about your well-being? Hah, we were just ribbing you! ;)

I only make jokes like that so that I'm accepted by the hip crowd.

Sounds like it wasn't a "pick up" truck that hit you: more like a "knock down" truck.

I'll be here all week. :)

Yeeeehaaaw, the olde Emrys is back. I missed you, oldtimer! The Peng thread just wasn't the same anymore. Glad to have you back!

Now, go get yourself a nice avatar and I will fix you up with a doody hat. They are all the rage now, you know! Or I can make you an avatar if you like...

Oh man it' s really good to hear you are alive. I hope you get better soon.

Mark Twain once wrote his paper to inform them: "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

I kinda knew you were going to say that when you come back :D.

To those who have expressed concern for my health and well-being, my thanks and I will reply to you individually as soon as I can get my e-mail program to send as well as receive.

I dont know if you intended to send me a message, but the email i used for registering here was a one-way email adress...i dont have access to it anymore.

Pickup truck eh? Sounds like the beginning of a country song there somewhere.

Sounds like a " hurtin' " song, that's fer dang sure.

I wish you a speedy * recovery, Michael.

* but not in a "speeding pickup" sort of way.

Edited by BLSTK