Seasonal Sale?

Hey all, sorry ff this is the wrong place to post such a thread.  I was curious if Battlefront generally does seasonal sales ala Steam etc, or if its more of a company policy to release products in discounted bundles/complete editions?

I vaguely think it happened back in the CM:SF days, but not 100% certain!  Sorry in advance if this thread is in the wrong area.

Yeah, I wanted to be more tactful than that given the past discussions I'd read, but felt like a degree of directness was merited :P  Not trying to start a "Oh, but Steam does it!" discussion of course.

And offtopic, but congrats on the 0.3.8 release today!  Loving the T-90 in RHS :)

CC:GC (Close Combat: Gateway to Caen) was under sale recently, costed only 10$ for a week in the humblebundle. It is over now. (I never mean like 'CMBS should follow' or something like that) I really wish a discount event of CMBS or summer sale or anything like that, but that policy purely depends on BFC's thinking, and I respect their decision.

Some of my friends are really really waiting for sales of CMBS. They are serious RTS fans but they are all college students or graduate students, and 55$ is not a cheap price for us. I really want to play this fantastic game with those dudes, but for now, they are just watching my play. Sad :(

Edited by exsonic01

CC:GC (Close Combat: Gateway to Caen) was under sale recently, costed only 10$ for a week in the humblebundle. It is over now. (I never mean like 'CMBS should follow' or something like that) I really wish a discount event of CMBS or summer sale or anything like that, but that policy purely depends on BFC's thinking, and I respect their decision.

Some of my friends are really really waiting for sales of CMBS. They are serious RTS fans but they are all college students or graduate students, and 55$ is not a cheap price for us. I really want to play this fantastic game with those dudes, but for now, they are just watching my play. Sad :(

You do know you are allowed to install it on two machines. If you cannot figure out how to play your buddies at school, that is your fault.

If you are waiting for a terrific sale price, might as well find something else to play. Because by the time they discount the price where you are saving any money. Everyone has moved on to later stuff because it is so old by the time they do it.

I might have bought CMSF if it had not been so many years before they discounted it to a real sale price (But by then, I had plenty of new stuff, why would I want that outdated stuff, no matter the price.)

The one class BF did not do well in school on was how the pricing and consumer buying curves work and how to keep both mathematically at their peak.

Ha be careful about mentioning a certain software distribution company here friend, lest the scabrous backward has-beens come down on you like a ton of bricks. ;)

Go troll somewhere else.

Edited by LukeFF

The one class BF did not do well in school on was how the pricing and consumer buying curves work and how to keep both mathematically at their peak.

Exactly!  That's why Battlefront went out of business last year ... oh wait :D . 

I was going to type more but it would be pointless and a waste of my time.

Go get a life!

Senseless post.  No need for it.

well yeah but neither was the comment it was in response to.. yet I didn't see you comment on that...hmmm.

It's the circle, the circllllleeee of price!!!

Man you guys are so lucky you can't hear me sing.

You do know you are allowed to install it on two machines. If you cannot figure out how to play your buddies at school, that is your fault.

Honestly, I didn't know. Is this true? I never read things like that in manual (maybe I missed). Is that means I can share this copy with only one person? 

Go get a life!

Senseless post.  No need for it.

Not really, Staggler is being disingenuous in the least. A good portion of us that were involved in that argument are on Steam and own games bought from Steam, we even stated that many a time. Acting like we are anti-technology is nothing more than trying to provoke a reaction. Now, I have no problem with Staggler, but lets call a spade a spade. Luke had it right...Stag cast a line and set the motor on troll.

Mord.

well yeah but neither was the comment it was in response to.. yet I didn't see you comment on that...hmmm.

It's the circle, the circllllleeee of price!!!

Man you guys are so lucky you can't hear me sing.

Yea, Mord, I kinda did. But what I said was true though to be honest, ha. Anti-technology or whatever aside, online mass distribution systems are not looked kindly upon on this forum.

I think Nerdwing was there for that thread if I remember rightly.

Sburke, I do believe its Panzer's turn to walk me, he owes me a pbem.

On topic, I have never seen a sale in the BF company store, in 5 years.

Edited by Stagler

Incidentally, I would just add that there isn't necessarily any correlation between sales on Steam and sales by BFC.  If BFC were on Steam and had the ability to opt out of the various sales held by Steam then it is entirely probable that you would still not see any of BFC's products on sale even if they were on Steam.  So linking Steam and BFC to make a point about pricing discounts isn't necessarily a relevant point.

Actually battlefronts pricing policy is compareable with almost all other game development studios that make games for a niche market. I dont only own wargames from BFC, i have a large collection of games from different developers, and most of them cost about as much as the CM games. Some were even much more expensive, IIRC i payed about 100 USD for CMANO.

Actually battlefronts pricing policy is compareable with almost all other game development studios that make games for a niche market. I dont only own wargames from BFC, i have a large collection of games from different developers, and most of them cost about as much as the CM games. Some were even much more expensive, IIRC i payed about 100 USD for CMANO.

Heh...CMANO just went on sales on Steam and at its distributor for 50% off.  It has been on sale before.  I don't disagree with your point, but thought there was a little irony to be had.

I believe you can find the legal terms under the licensing agreement.

What I know about CMBS install is that, it only allows 4 times of activation. Is this what you're talking about? If yes, then, problem is, how much I can trust my RTS gaming dudes :P 

Actually battlefronts pricing policy is compareable with almost all other game development studios that make games for a niche market.

Can you point some out? eSim Games Steel Beasts is the only one I can think of with such a rigid pricing policy. Matrix/Slitherine and Eagle Dynamics have both made 180's with their draconian pricing policies, and it seems to be working out for them.

Matrix will be talking about their pricing strategy at HoW15 this month. Should be interesting.

no offense guys, but this is a dead end discussion and we all know it.  If it continues it will simply get more rancorous until Steve has to intervene and lock the thread.

Short answer to the OP - no sale, don't plan on delaying your purchase in the hopes of one.  If it happens many of us on the forum will likely die of shock.  There are however discounted bundles which may not be too far off the mark, but those discounts tend to be permanent.  CMBN full bundle for example at $105 is a good deal.  It won't be going away after the weekend though.

We don't do seasonal sales, and to my knowledge are not planning to do any soon. The only sales you'll typically see are bundle discounts, which are almost always present.

Question answered, thread locked before this devolves into another business strategy flame war.