Windows 10 - CM Compatibility?

I'm up and running. Only thing I had to do was get the new nVidia driver.

Not only is CMBS working but upgrading to Windows 10 actually fixed CMSF for me. I was having an issue with it starting up in 8.1 but never got around to re-installing it. Now I don't have to. :D

updated from windows 7 pro to 10 pro with no problems.  All CM2 titles run great.  But I am having problems with the CM1 titles.  They are running very slow.  Slide show slow.  Before updating they were fine.  Anyone else having problems with CM1?

Just did some researching here and found out the old Alt-Tab trick will work.  Problem solved for now.

Edited by eniced73

I just have to push the button to upgrade to Win 10. However, I am waiting for a 2TO external drive to come for saving what seems important before making the jump into what was some days ago the unknown. That was what I thought before reading some the posts dealing with Win 10. I expect eventually some problems, but there might be none. As soon as I shall get some free time and a safe window for doing it I shall cross the "Rubicon" Aleas Jacta est ..................No way back.........

Edited by snake_eye

You're right Baneman, I don't know why I put that S behind it. My latin studies were years ago and I must say that I did have to make my choice with Win 10 to think of the words that Caesar said when he crossed the Rubicon with his  troops that being a war declaration to Roma. It won't be the same for me, I am optimist with Win10 installation.

Cheer

...I must say that I did have to make my choice with Win 10 to think of the words that Caesar said when he crossed the Rubicon with his  troops that being a war declaration to Roma.

So you're being forced into the upgrade by the Senat... Microsoft ? ;)

Understand about the accidental S

post-53866-0-55599800-1440149281_thumb.j

@baneman

The picture is pretty good ! Yeah, I am going to war or rather I am pushed toward it by the free offer  Microsoft made me. I am always uneasy with a free offer, since nothing is really free in our world. But if I do not do it in the coming days, I will have to do so within a year at the most. So, I shall take a deep breath and plunge into the deep and find how it works for me. 

Cheer

• 2 weeks later...

The upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 was smoothly done. It took about an hour at the most to start Win 10. 

Previously I had unlicensed CMA, CMSF Marines-NATO and British Forces. No unlicensing was done with CM  Normandy, CMFI, Red Thunder and Black Sea.

Every one of them worked right away without any problem..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well......

I must confess that I had no real problems till two days ago. I realized that I had a serious one while using the files Explorer.

The explorer froze, when it did not I could not see the pictures in the Icons, I could not copy a folder and or a file to another place and so on....

I have found a precious post on the web after some research and the advice was simply to remove two updates.

KB3081449

KB3081448

I decided to remove KB3081449 and see how things went.

Everything, since yesterday, is working fine as it did after the installation and I am very happy to have resolved my problem, since without the File Explorer your possibilities are very limited not to say nil.

Cheer

I installed W10 and noticed that after a while, my sound would stop for everything. It has something to do with a Win10 sound app that checks for devices "graph something or other". It kept on killing the sound for all programs that require sound.

I uninstalled Win10 and now everything is back to normal.