Sign in to follow this  
lucero1148

Scenario editor, can't assign map objectives to units

I've been trying to make a test scenario with Reds attacking and blues defending. According to the instructions I'm to assign objectives in "UNIT" mode by pressing shift and f1 to f7.  However I can't seem to get the objective markers on the units to be applied.  When I test the game the Russian units sit in place and never move from their staring line.  Objectives are given points as well as casualties, morale, and ammo usage.  Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using a 13" MBP; 2.5GHz Intel Core 15, 12 GB RAM Intel HD graphics 4000. 

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Quite a lot by the sounds of it.   ;)

You seem to be mixing issues here.

Unit Objectives - These are the points allocated for (typically) destroying an enemy unit as part of the wider VP at play. These do not have any impact on AI movement.

A unit will show as U1-U7 in the unit editor once a unit objective has been created for it (the number matching the corresponding F key)

The value of the VP for a given unit must then be allocated in the editor mission tab. Here the objective can be given a name, it's point value and the type of objective - destroy, destroy all or spot. 

If you want AI units to move you must use the AI editor tab.

Units are placed into groups using the F keys (no shift required) and will show as A2-16 (all units otherwise default to A1 which does not show)

These groups can then be given orders in the AI editor tab

If you've not already done so look at the manual and check JonS's excellent scenario guide that ships as a pdf. file with the game.

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

Sign in to follow this