ASLSK gamer wants to buy Red Thunder - SOLVED

Thanks Fizou and Bud B.  SOLVED!

Hello
I have dumb questioin about buying Red Thunder.

I have played some Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit 3 and really enjoy the boardgame.  I stumbled upon this game at simhq then came here and created an account.   My login does not work for buying the game.  Do I have to wait a certain period of time before it is activated in order to purchase the Red Thunder game?
Thanks in advance!
:)

Edited by Backmarker

The forum and web site do not share logins. Each is unique, so if you made a login for the forums, that will not give you one for the web site itself where you buy stuff.

But...

It's easier than you think.

This is the fine print at the bottom of the Red Thunder purchase page:

Purchase your game (no need to login for first time customers)

A Customer Account is created for you during the Checkout and you are automatically logged in

Download immediately after purchase (do not wait for emails)

Look up your License key inside your Customer account immediately (do not wait for emails). The same key is used for download and license activation.

Change your Username and Password for your account so you can log in later even if your anti-spam filter block the email with your generated password

Install, launch, activate and start playing!

NEED HELP? www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

I think the login for the forum and bfc.com are two separat things. So go register at bfc.com and you shoulb be able to buy it straight away.

The forum and web site do not share logins. Each is unique, so if you made a login for the forums, that will not give you one for the web site itself where you buy stuff.

But...

It's easier than you think.

This is the fine print at the bottom of the Red Thunder purchase page:

Purchase your game (no need to login for first time customers)

A Customer Account is created for you during the Checkout and you are automatically logged in

Download immediately after purchase (do not wait for emails)

Look up your License key inside your Customer account immediately (do not wait for emails). The same key is used for download and license activation.

Change your Username and Password for your account so you can log in later even if your anti-spam filter block the email with your generated password

Install, launch, activate and start playing!

NEED HELP? www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

1308831460_cd698b82b4.jpg

Thanks!!  Will do!

:)

Welcome aboard!

So ASL has three different starter kits now?

It has five.

Starter Kit #1-3

Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1 (stand alone product)

ASL Starter Kit Historical Module #1 (Decision at Elst)

Perfect balance between Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader :) imho!

ASL, those were the days.

Then years went bye and I hardly touched those games (I Had about 8 of the expansion packs) Also had the original SL series

Finally decided to sell them while the fan base was still active and the price was high. Just never have missed them since going over to this type of gaming.

Thanks, all

I was able to download, install and run the game without any problems.  I am now moving slowly with the campaign tutorial to see how the game works.

as Ratdeath mentioned above the ASLSK series is quite fun.  My neighborhood opponent moved away so I decided to look for a computer game similar to ASLSK to have an opponent.  The Combat Mission games were mentioned and seem to be highly rated.  Has anyone tried the Mark Walker's Lock 'n' Load boardgame or computer game?  I played the Band of Heroes boardgame a few time and I see that Walker also has a conversion of the LnL system into one computer game of Eastern Front WW2 called Heroes of Stalingrad (don't know if it is cool to post other vendor links here, but you can google the title and easily find it).  The computer version even has "virtual dice" that have a rolling animation!   :lol:

Edited by Backmarker

ASL, those were the days.

Then years went bye and I hardly touched those games (I Had about 8 of the expansion packs) Also had the original SL series

Finally decided to sell them while the fan base was still active and the price was high. Just never have missed them since going over to this type of gaming.

Like RatDeath above I find ASLSK to be my "goldilocks" game for tactical level; not too hard and not too easy.  The full version ASL was way to complex for my brain, and I found Mark Walker's Lock and Load system had less detail than what I am seeking in a tactical level game.

imho

I am an awful player and rarely get a win, but the ASLSK games are a fun challenge!  I am sure the AI in Combat Mission will have problems dispatching my forces in battle!  haha

Edited by Backmarker

Heh. And all I have is Squad Leader and the three add-ons.

Did anyone every try Up Front? It was a card-based game, before those things every and popular. It was interesting to play down surprisingly deep, I felt.

Yep, I played it, too, back then. At first I did not like the card game approach. So, It took me quite a while to give it a try. But then I liked it quite much. Quite deep and immersive, indeed.

Since years and even today, there is still talk about a new version. But that willl probably come at the same time as "CM Russia '41".

My word!  This game is complex and detailed.  I doff my hat to the battlefront.com crew for their work on Red Thunder!

I started playing Red Thunder over the weekend whilst reading along with the manual.  I finished the first and second mission in the Training Campaigns.  I managed to capture Hill 124 without too much damage to my forces (lost 10 soldiers, 2 tanks, and 2 armored cars).  The Fog of War really makes a difference and adds a lot of drama to the battle.

Great to hear you are having fun. It's cool reading new people's reaction when they experience the game for the first time.

You've got it right, there is a lot of depth.

Mord.

My word!  This game is complex and detailed.  I doff my hat to the battlefront.com crew for their work on Red Thunder!

I started playing Red Thunder over the weekend whilst reading along with the manual.  I finished the first and second mission in the Training Campaigns.  I managed to capture Hill 124 without too much damage to my forces (lost 10 soldiers, 2 tanks, and 2 armored cars).  The Fog of War really makes a difference and adds a lot of drama to the battle.

Sounds like a good start to another player never playing with cardboard, cards and dice games again.

Well, for tactical warfare anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished off the training campaign.

I have never been a good RTS player since I have very slow reaction times, so I am thankful for the 60 second turn-based option (and the ability to save and continue games!).  Quite a white-knuckle experience (in a good way) hitting the red button every turn and hoping for no major blunders in the plotting for the next 60s.    I will follow the advice posted in another thread where a member recommended playing the training campaign several times to help learn game mechanics.