CMPzC Operation "The Bloody Bucket" (Bulge '44)

I think it has huge forests, maybe hit alt-T...   :D

Heh, yup

yes, not much cover leading up to Hosingen, should be pretty sporty for the Volksgrenadiers when they have to break cover and go up the hill.   :D  but that's the terrain they fought on, it is what it is. bottom line though, Hosingen must be taken for the germans to advance to the west.

That snow isn't gonna be white for very long...cool map.

thanks for the feedback. yes that is skyline drive. i tried to make the map as bleak as possible, not alot of flavor objects, same foliage everywhere, houses all look the same for the most part. etc. there were a few more farm roads but you wouldn't see them due to the snow covering them so i left them out.

btw here is some re enactor footage from belgium. the fighting starts about 20mins in and the erzatz panther shows up around 30mins in. the german re enactors look really good i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qSAou-60gA

folkie is being kind enough to listen to my art critic feedback to his Hosingen master map.

He is tweaking some aspects that will impact the PC performance, battle realism and playability as well as the overall look.

I am working up a mod to the paved roads to make them look more NW European. Definitely "Skyline Drive" which was the main Saint Vith-Diekirch Highway was a high quality paved road but most everything else was a dirt road.

We can use gravel as well for some visual variety. But Dave has the final say as a tip of the hat to his efforts.

Here is a link to a dropbox folder called "Hosingen Latest Version" so as Dave makes a new version he can change the filename but always put them in the same place and anybody who wants to follow along with the map creation can download and make comments.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e64o6r1o25uiidz/AAAdFKSDiJUYxoFgOqmTHioka?dl=0

Note: we will modtag the map/scenario [hosingen] and I will make some various modtagged [hosingen] mods and am working on a road mod.  Coming along nicely...

...other mods should be loaded by those who decide to play the battles. we'll make some links here soon. 

Edited by kohlenklau

"Alamo in the Ardennes" wriitten by Jon C. McManus is an excellent book with a good coverage of the fight done by K Company from 110th IR and Combat Engineer B Company from the 103rd Battalion in Hosingen..

Koh, the map is  depicting very well  the area. I have been  driving through the Skyline road few times, in summer and or winter the view on either side (Luxemburg and or Germany)  is fantastic if condition prevail. However in winter you have to be careful when snow is falling. The wind is changing the driving condition sometimes very quickly and you have a very limited view.

Edited by snake_eye

Hi Greg,

I actually have that same book right here next to me as I make the CMPzC Operation!

What color is your car and what is your license plate numbers? Maybe I can mod a jeep for you...uh oh, you are axis! I better mod you a kubelwagen instead!  

If we can get this started in a few weeks we can have some Bulge action to hold us happy til the real deal comes out! Who knows when???!!! :D

Hi Greg,

I

What color is your car and what is your license plate numbers? Maybe I can mod a jeep for you...uh oh, you are axis! I better mod you a kubelwagen instead!  

!!! :D

KG will do it . One way it could mean Kampf Gruppe, the other Prisoner of war and finally my first name and given name first letter !!!

That video was snake_eye driving in the Ardennes?

OK, check out Ver 3. I relocated the 12th Century Church and am trying to get the main square area a bit more accurate per a book hot off the presses.

The bio of the K/110 XO (then) LT Tom Flynn. 

Also at this link are my modtagged mods in progress so IF YOU WANT put them in the CMFI z folder and they are already tagged and map is tagged [hosingen] so you will START to see the new roads develop as I work the mod this week.

Also a few signs in there that are not yet tagged but I will later tag them so they only appear for [hosingen] tagged maps....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e64o6r1o25uiidz/AAAdFKSDiJUYxoFgOqmTHioka?dl=0

That video was snake_eye driving in the Ardennes?

Not me koh, I need my car in a good shape, however that is the best way to get around the curve using the handbrake (if it is linked to the rear wheels) without slowing down too much. Swedish and or Finnish driving tip. Years ago I used to do it with my old Beetle and managed to stay alive.

In the Army, driving a tank, it does not work and you are rewarded with some days in jail for having done an unauthorized track through the forest. 

@Rocketman

Hi Joakim,  to answer your question from the other thread. I am gathering my [hosingen] mods in one place and will eventually upload it all.

As far as all bulge related mods in one place, I doubt it. 

The snowy roads are going well. I see how the game flips and reuses images. I have a day off from the gym tonight and will attack the snowy roads.

I also have an idea to group the 512x512s into a bigger square to get the line up perfect.