CMPzC Operation "The Bloody Bucket" (Bulge '44)

OK, I have a crazy idea and want to put it into reality. Who is gonna help me?

I am just starting a large scale, long duration multiplayer battle over in CMPzC Operation Bloody Christmas Ortona '43.

I want to try something like that here but I have a new wrinkle to add.

One big 4 hour battle between axis and allies on a massive map.

As umpire I will control the dropbox permissions and to interject the results of operational decisions I will be calling an intermission say around the 45 minute mark on every hour.

Then I alone will play both sides to control units and "restructure" the battlefield to match what will be the new operational situation say after a brief lull in the combat.

These operational changes being what the team CO's decide to do, pull back, attack, probe, etc.

I will have umpire zones on the map to spawn troops, ammo resupply, exit off units as needed. Small circular target arcs and quick teams here and there for Act II so to speak.

The clock can even be considered as not representative of the actual time but what we get is a battlefield damage maintenance.

I will be working on it in the next few weeks. Post here if this sounds of interest to you!

Edited by kohlenklau

Hi Ride,

Yes, I think it will still be CMFI GL because it seems clear the new CM Bulge is not "just around the corner"...

Right now folkie has made a 4kmx4km map of Hosingen.

US would have 1 rifle coy and 1 engineer coy and some other support assets.

Axis would have several grenadiers companies and some vehicles.

I would let folks try out a test file first before they signed on....

Would you want to participate? Axis or allies? CO role or just a PBEM foot soldier?

For the most part once they are set up, they just float on down the river by themselves.

I can meet back up with each of them and do chores when needed but mostly watch the fun.

I want to learn to do the VAARs so I can harness some action theater for the forumites.

So many cool things get missed but I dropped the earlier mandatory AAR as a price for entry.

Also I do get some fine people to assist me with maps (folkie is #1 map maker for this Bloody Bucket and someday soon "CMPzC Operation Hercules: Invasion of Malta '42").

Over in CMRT I have a nice team supporting me, Ardem, Migo441 and Concord.

Malta mods: mjkerner and kieme. Ortona mods: Sequoia, juju and Waclaw.

I do a lot myself but teamwork is enjoyable.

Fizou and kuderian (and some other folks with them I believe) are running one as well. I really wish some other guys would initiate one. They are a certain amount of work but it is less effort than making a scenario or a campaign in my opinion. It seems like the type thing a scenario or map maker type guy would want to sink his teeth into. 

If anyone wants to organize one and needs some pointers, PM me. It is a blast! :D

Right now it is early December 1944, the 28th Infantry have just been positioned into the Ardennes to recover from the terror of the Huertgenwald battles.

King Company of the 110th Infantry Regiment has been assigned to Hosingen, Luxembourg. A village situated on a main north-south highway which will be called "Skyline Drive" by the G.I.'s.

Hold_to_the_Last_Round_Dietz_zpshkkwbntn

Some good background stuff there. Thanks Joakim!

The big 4kmx4km map is 99.9% completed and some final tweaks are being done.

We are looking at the forests and adding firetrails and I will personally go into Hosingen and do some mapification.

I will also do a Hosingen roadsign mod and maybe mod a few buildings for "K/110 CP ---->" type signs. 

But overall we owe big Kudos to folkie. Thanks Dave!

If anyone wants to check it out, here is the work in progress as a download link

Don't make any changes but you can PM me any feedback and we will consider it here over the next few weeks as we finalize the whole show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awumk5jvsj1spob/hosingen.btt?dl=0

yes, not much cover leading up to Hosingen, should be pretty sporty for the Volksgrenadiers when they have to break cover and go up the hill.   :D  but that's the terrain they fought on, it is what it is. bottom line though, Hosingen must be taken for the germans to advance to the west.