HMG42 vs LMG42

is there a significant difference between ap ammo for the mg and the normal one? (when fighting infantry)

in the last mission i went out of normal ammo and all i had left was ap ammo stored in the apc's... i dont think the ap ammo is usefull against anything higher than a light apc?

is there a significant difference between ap ammo for the mg and the normal one? (when fighting infantry)

No.

i dont think the ap ammo is usefull against anything higher than a light apc?

Nope, it's not. It's good against hard cover as well as light AFVs though. And remember that  a few AFVs other than "light APC"s have some aspects/plates that are as thinly armoured as the best halftrack armour. Sides and rears of light armoured cars may be vulnerable.

Besides more ammo and higher accuracy, shouldn't an increase in sustained fire for the HMG be modelled in game too? I would think that HMG teams would have more spare barrels and would be able to replace them faster.

Edited by umlaut

^^^ I =think= this is modeled by the reloading pauses. LMG does it more often. I don't know that barrel swaps, per se, are modeled, or if the ROF is adjusted for the two the platforms. There was once I time when I knew this...

^^^ I =think= this is modeled by the reloading pauses. LMG does it more often. I don't know that barrel swaps, per se, are modeled, or if the ROF is adjusted for the two the platforms. There was once I time when I knew this...

If I remember correctly Steve has said that "reloading" means barrel swapping and actually reloading the weapon.

Bigger team, so they survive for longer.

Rather the contrary (a big, easy to spot and to hit target). A game design decision, that might help the AIP somewhat with the HMG42 team, but for human players it´s rather an annoyance. Interestingly there´s a HMG42 in the Fallschirmjagers OOB, that has it´s gunner and ammo bearer teams seperated! ^^

the tripod on the Hmg helps and it has a lot more ammo. but the 6 man team means men almost always get hit. i take some hmgs with oob i buy in qbs but sell most and replace with the lmgs. maybe not as accurate or stable wkf the high RoF vut the two men team are harder to spot and more spottable