Moscow Victory Day (70 Years) Parade

Anyone watching the parade right now?

I dont necessarily agree with what Russia has been recently doing in particular areas of the world, but this parade is making me feel very proud for the Motherland nonetheless!

Edited by VasFURY

Anyone watching the parade right now?

I dont necessarily agree with what Russia has been recently doing in particular areas of the world, but this parade is making me feel very proud for the Motherland nonetheless!

Yep, watching. Nice close ups from Russian military hardware and Putin. What more could you ask for Saturday morning.  :)

Here is a recording (the vehicles parade starts at 56:30):

I am slightly displeased with organisers - very little coverage of "Armata"-HIFV and almost no "Boomerang" (Air Force could easily have waited another 5 seconds). The most prominent AFV (in directors / operators eyes) seemed to be... T-90A. :D Also, looks like the footage from the vehicles POV is not transmitted live, but is a recording from the final practice run, and the one from "Pantsyr" (at 1:07:28) really should not have been used... :rolleyes:

P.S.: But the beautiful roar of T-34-85's and SU-100's makes up for all of that. :)

P.P.S.: Всех с 70-й годовщиной Великой Победы! And congratulations with the 70th anniversary of Victory over fascism to everyone!

Edited by Krasnoarmeyets

According to RT there is nothing wrong with that BUK in the video. That fire was intentional, you know? It was part of the show that some of the vehicles were leaking burning fuel, they do that every year to impress the crowds! ;)

Edited by agusto

Well, because of all those who post here that are from Russia and keep us informed. For the first time in my life I watched this parade. Never thought of doing that before. So to actually see it and how they do it was very interesting.

I was actually impressed with the WWII armor they ran. To have that many running tanks from that era was surprising to me.

Krasnoarmeyets,

Simply stunning video shot with perfect parade weather! The T-14, sad to say, after 40 zillion posts about it, looks like the AFV equivalent of a cheap hooker. It's got so much Tank Bondo™ smeared on it as to be almost unrecognizable relative to what we've seen prior to the actual parade. To me, it looks as though some last minute decision was made to make it look as much like a "proper tank" as possible. In the process, a lot of sensor openings, surface detail and such were made to disappear. So much tank cosmetic work was done that it almost doesn't look real, instead more resembling bad model work for a Hollywood film. Rather than make a big splash, the T-14, in paint about the color of baby poo, was completely overshadowed by the very impressive, sharp looking and highly detailed T-90A in its powerful looking dark green paint. The Kurganets-25 looked great, but I don't understand the MG only version. I saw some Tank Bondo™ there, too, in the areas around the APS radar module on the right front. Tigr with 2 x quad Kornet was an eye opener. As for the T-15 and Bumerang, I must be so tired, or blinked at the wrong time, that I didn't see them, even the second pass through.

I feel thoroughly unimpressed and let down by the T-14 Putin showcased to his people and the world. What we saw before the parade had so much more presence, pugnacity and sense of new and different than what just rolled through. To me, the summary statement of the tank as shown would be T-14 Armata--The Boringly Bland "Revolutionary Breakthrough" Tank! Rather than having left foreign military observers stunned and awestruck, I believe the reactions will be more along the lines of "Why did we ever get worked up about this tank in the first place?!" and sniggering. Worse for him and the nation, the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, and his wife were there for the Potemkin village on tracks! In my estimation, Putin would've been better off coming up with some reason, say, belated MoD security concerns, not to parade what we saw. Maybe Putin should've borrowed some of these from his neighbor? If you paraded the two side by side, I guarantee this toy would outshine the T-14. By a mile. I know this isn't the kind of response you'd like to see, but I'm giving you my honest opinions and reactions--not just personally but from the perspective of someone whose professional beat for over 11 years was the Russian military as a Threat Analyst for two tip US defense firms.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Well, because of all those who post here that are from Russia and keep us informed. For the first time in my life I watched this parade. Never thought of doing that before. So to actually see it and how they do it was very interesting.

I was actually impressed with the WWII armor they ran. To have that many running tanks from that era was surprising to me.

The Russians learned how to keep old vehicles running from the Cubans. Havana has more vintage American cars on the road than Jay Leno  :D