Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Captain

Patch 1.03 problem

I just installed patch 1.03 and don't know what I did wrong, but now my vehicles and soldiers all have really strange tags for names.  Soldiers are tagged something like aerial support or Leapord II or other wonky things.  Vehicles have the wrong names and my commander, driver, loader etc. also have really wrong tags.  I think this happened to me before in an earlier game but I don't know why it happened or how to fix it.  I believe I read somewhere of this happening to other people as well.

Any thoughts or help?  Thanks in advance.  Argh!!  Frustrating!!  I haven't had any problem patching other games in a long time and don't know why this would happen now.

Question about patches as is its size on the site BFC is 845.5 MB, pulls 386,5MB and  after extracting is only 377MB whether it is ok? After installation, the Russian side has an american name, I do not understand it all.
Installing without mods.

How did you fix this?

I accidently extracted the files onto my desktop instead of into a new folder.  When I installed it pulled brz files from off my desktop as well (I had other cm files on my desktop, patches and mods and whatnot) which caused the problem.  Look in your c:program files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Black Sea\Data folder and delete anything that shouldn't be there after patching.  The only files that should be in the folder are black sea v100a.brz through black sea v100c.brz and black sea v101.brz and black sea 1.03.brz

Only those five files should be there, if you have anything else it's what's causing the problem.  Just delete them and you should be good to go!

Edited by Phantom Captain

Have you downloaded and installed any mods ? A certain 'text mod' can cause this sort of problem. You can possibly find some installed mods (beyond the 'Z' folder in the 'Data' directory - which is probably a more common location for most mods) at (for Windows):

C:\Users\{your account name}\My Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Black Sea\User Data\Mods

Sign in to follow this