Michael Emrys are you there?

Crap, somebody left the door open again and they got out.  Maybe if I leave a trail of beer mugs half full of warm, flat swill they will find their way back.   Hmm maybe we don't want them back.....

Mord I think we can get you a Doody cap if you'd like.  They are the latest hot fashion item.  I hear Heidi Klum is even strolling down the cat walk in one.

Who the hell am I going to appoint to be one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypso if you're non compos mantis?  

Pfffft!  You just KNOW dalem's going to stagger up at the last moment and shout "SHOTGUN!" in that quavering falsetto voice of his. It's what he ALWAYS does!  Then he'll mount the horse backwards (I said DOWN, Bauhaus!) throw up on it's croup, slide off sideways into a pile of droppings and lay there singing about hedghogs, while we all stare at him in a typically bemused fashion! The guy can buzzkill a party from a hundred yards away, that bastiche!

Edited by Boo Radley

Back on topic... :huh:

I am amazed at the ways in which a digital wargame can bring so many people together over a common interest...people that are separated by such vast geographic distances.

Global concern over the current condition of Michael Emrys is case in point. 

Pretty cool, I say...

kohlenklau,

Bravo Zulu. Repeat. Bravo Zulu. Am glad to hear Michael Emrys hasn't left for that great GameCon in the Sky (YMMV on actual location; no cash value). The latest incarnation of Sherlock Holmes has now abruptly announced he's retiring. Spokespeople say there is no connection with your having found Michael Emrys.  The rooming situation for the two individuals named should be called The Full Employment Act for Local Law Enforcement!

I believe I may be able to attend your wonderful event, since I have not one, but two nephews in that very city, gamers both (currently some of the subjects of my CMx2 recruitment drive; one already plays CM: Touch), whom I haven't seen since 2012.

It's great to see the level of concern over our missing Member, and while I'm delighted to see so many names long unseen as a result, I feel constrained to note that it appears the deluges of late have evidently caused the Peng Cesspool to overflow, though so far, there is no evidence of an E coli outbreak!

Well done, kohlenklau!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

I haven't commented on this thread because I've never really talked to the guy. I think he went AWOL about the time I joined and started making posts. I have been following though and it lifts my spirits to know he's ok and that someone would go through the trouble of tracking him down.

...and somewhere, far away, an old man struggles against the bonds which tie him to the bed in a vain attempt to free himself and break his eyes away from the thread which bears his name. And then the door opens and the nurse he has named "The Intimidator" sees what he is up to. He knows what is in store for him for this feeble attempt at freedom. Still, he is glad he made the attempt. It is the struggle which defines him, not the outcome...

:)

Dammit, Michael, pipe up!

It's great to see the level of concern over our missing Member

Michael isnt just someone. With 24,118 posts, he is the most active poster of all 36,989 Battlefront.com mebers. He even posted more than Steve aka Mr. Battlefront.com himself :D. But not only is he the most active poster who has ever been on this forum, he is also the 10th person that registered here.

http://community.battlefront.com/index.php?app=members&module=list&max_results=20&sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&filter=ALL

http://community.battlefront.com/members/?sort_key=joined&sort_order=desc&max_results=20&st=30380

During the past 16 years, that man has devoted a significant amount of his lifetime to beeing part of this community and to playing the Combat Mission games. Battlefront should send him a medal to his hospital bed for his faithfulness. I am serious. At least some flowers. He deserved it.

Edited by agusto

One day he will come back and wonder if we all went on some collective acid trip

well if you go to koh's little soiree and don't want to take the collective acid trip, stay away from the punch bowl.. though personally I think a lot of members here could do with a little acid trip every now and again IMHO.. :D