Michael Emrys are you there?

Waco? No thanks. And from my experience they would tell him: "That person is not a resident here at this time."

Alternate History: Texans fought the French and won their fashion independence at the battle of the "A la mode".

france_zpss0gbvzhx.png

I would love to retire on the south of France. In fact it would be a blast to  buy a place there and just rig it up AS a retirement home for old geezer wargamers.

Wine, books, history, wargames, good food. Anybody interested? I may head to kickstarter with the idea....

The best I have to offer a visitor now is my humble 10 acres with a European style home!

DSCF0299_zpsew2eyloh.jpg

Our%20House%201_zpsdc8b8tmu.jpg

shot_zpspgomv7it.jpg

family%20room_zps3o6c4uoj.jpg

DSCF0294_zpsqgpscduw.jpg

German clay tile roof and French terracotta floor tiles.

Open invites to my PBEM buddies and forum friends. :D

BYOS (bring your own scenario!)

The point of this post was not about ME it was hopefully about US. Stick together and maybe go beyond just virtual cold sterile digital e-friendship?

Oh and feel free to haul along your still attractive middle-aged sisters, sister-in-laws, female cousins!

If we are really on buddy terms, bring your ex-wife and older daughters. :D

Bil! Great you stopped by. I am dead serious that I want to blow the dust off that idea we long ago discused by e-mails. Combat Mission Convention!

Life is too dang short. 1st one is hereby proposed for here in Texas. We have Fort Hood, Camp Mabry, Alamo and fun stuff. Good food and 2 big airports Austin and San Antonio.

My favorite motto as a navy diver and ship repair coordinator was

Whatever it takes!

I expect his recovery time will be inversely proportional to how attractive his nurse is. Kohlenklau can you arrange a nurse that looks like Tommy Chong?

Maybe we can get him a get well doody cap too.

Sure thing. I will make a doody cap for Michael. With extra doody. He will be so excited, I just know it. Can not wait to see him showing it off in the Peng thread.

I just called the previously helpful real estate lady. Now she clammed up tighter than a....uhh...umm....real...estate lady?

Anyway, she said no I didn't get to pass the message to him. Just tell your friends he is doing well.

OK, so my sister will go to Port Townsend tomorrow and attempt to pass on the e-mail. Standby!

Ken/Mord: she lives on 68 acres and could potentially deliver a 55 gallon drum of "doody"....stuffed-animal and balloons cost extra!

Or we go with the items on sale? Ken and Mord can decide...

Naughty "devil" Teddy Bear with hearts and a pitch fork left over from Valentines day (stuffed with condoms and an expired tube of K-Y).

The leftover custom balloons from the Goldman twins......"Happy Bar Mitzvah Mort and Shlomo" (use a black sharpie and you can't see nothing!)

OK, I have thrown a dart and the dates for the Combat Mission Convention are 14-16 August 2015.

Attendees List so far: 

kohlenklau

Heinrich505

mjkerner

I will split off to do a separate thread and start rattling off all the fun events I will have planned or available.

Taking suggestions and inputs of course. 

I can recon the hotels, arrange as best I can for any discounts and such. 

I will cater us in a kick-ass Texas BBQ at my ranch for any interested folks.

Be there or be a routed conscript baby! :D

OK, so my sister will go to Port Townsend tomorrow and attempt to pass on the e-mail. Standby!

Ken/Mord: she lives on 68 acres and could potentially deliver a 55 gallon drum of "doody"....stuffed-animal and balloons cost extra!

Whoa, slow down there, Sam Houston, I am just here for the free air and a chance to insult Emrys, Sburke is the perv with the poop fetish—his screen saver is Two Girls One Cup...In IMAX 3D.

Mord.

Feck this.  I'm an old man.  In fact, I'm one of the Old Ones.  Where the hell is Emrys?  He'd best be alright.  In fact, I demand he hobble out here, himself, and tell me so.  

I'm waiting, Emrys.

Sod this, for a game of tin soldiers.  

Emrys, you bugger.  I need to know that you're alright.  Post when you can.  I've been away too long.  Who the hell am I going to appoint to be one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypso if you're non compos mantis?  

Gods! Seanachai, when will you ever shut the Hell up? YOU don't get to appoint ANY of the Horseman of the Apocalypso. Knobjob62, or whatever his silly ass user name was, is the only one that gets to do that.

What a daft bugger you are.  It was Cabron66 (bolded simply because he was AMAZINGLY weird, and so deserving of his own moment), who did so.  But I was his Arch Nemesis (he followed me into the Peng Challenge Thread, and then, little whore that he was, he abandoned me to try and pick a fight with MrPeng).  Calm down, Berli.  You've never had your own Arch Enemy.  I know how that must weigh upon you.  

Yes, yes, I know it was Cajones66 (not bolded because he was a loon), and yes, I know he was your Arch Nemesis (he was a loon), but HE, not you, broke the seals! He named the Horsemen (why he chose the four of us, is beyond my ken... he was a loon).  So I say, with all due reverence to your pickled liver, sod right the Hell off.

Yes, yes, I know it was Cajones66 (not bolded because he was a loon), and yes, I know he was your Arch Nemesis (he was a loon), but HE, not you, broke the seals! He named the Horsemen (why he chose the four of us, is beyond my ken... he was a loon).  So I say, with all due reverence to your pickled liver, sod right the Hell off.

He was, in his insanity, the 'Wise Fool' of legend.  He was the one that revealed to us 'The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso'.  We shall never know what went through his head before he spewed forth his anger and hatred, and indictment of 'the Four Horsemen'.   But let us not forget to remember him, who, through his complete weirdness, taught us that Michael Emrys was one of the Horsemen.