Michael Emrys are you there?

Hi fellas. On the phone for several hours. neighbors, police, churches, apartment manager, etc.

The bad news is he was reported to have been injured in some type of motor vehicle accident back around March the officer said.

Then he went to a convalescent hospital but they are unable to tell me anything other than "not listed as a resident at this time"...

Good news: property manager finally answered my 2nd call and she says he is doing well and she'll give him my number to call me.

Great work koklenkau. Or should I call you...Ms. Drew?

It's not the same around here without his barely coherent ramblings about the good old days, when fire was a luxury available only to those that could afford sticks and love involved manacles, a club, and an accurate swing.

You tell that contemptuous old Philistine I commanded that he get well or else I'll send a weiner dog to his home to chew his dirty man-vittles.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

It was such an ingenious post I had to write it twice...but decided to edit it...'cause true genius knows when less is more.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Hi fellas. On the phone for several hours. neighbors, police, churches, apartment manager, etc.

The bad news is he was reported to have been injured in some type of motor vehicle accident back around March the officer said.

Then he went to a convalescent hospital but they are unable to tell me anything other than "not listed as a resident at this time"...

Good news: property manager finally answered my 2nd call and she says he is doing well and she'll give him my number to call me.

Excellent work, kohlenklau! Thank you very much.

Tell him that if he doesn't get well soon., The MBT (Long may it wave!) will PAY to have Seanachai come to his apartment and "minister" to him. And he'll be wearing a "Naughty Nurse" costume.

My thoughts and prayers to Mister Emrys.  Well, my thoughts and my best wishes.  Was informed years ago by my mother that god doesn't listen to people like me.  Am sure Mister Emrys would understand.

Edit:  kind thoughts for recovery from both me and the little mrs.  SWMBO misses you still.

Edited by Hiram Sedai

kohlenklau,

Thank you for doing that show of devotion and letting us know the results. Without Emrys, I fear we all would suffer a loss. Well, not so much a "loss", as a lack of someone who would lose to us. I mean, has anyone ever lost to Emrys? ;)

Seriously...hope he's well. Let us know.

Ken

I too was beginning to wonder and worry. A "job well done, detective kohlenklau" from the lads at Battlefront. We hope to see the ole codger back in rare form soon.

One of the negatives of a virtual community like this is not ever knowing if someone is going dark because they've got a bit distracted or a lot more than distracted.

Steve

No calls back yet. Tried again but still no answer.

So get this...why does this maybe mean a bit more to me? Beyond just being fellow forumites and having respect for Michael (age ~71) as I have seen his posts as helpful, etc.

Well, always for many many years now I saw his profile and he is actually from a town maybe a half hour or so from where my older sister lives! 

In fact I just chatted with my sister, she is a nurse and she will get boots on the ground to pass him a short note I e-mailed to her for us maybe tomorrow as she heads to work in Seattle.

Your buddies from Battlefront website say a warm hello, hope you have a quick recovery and please swing by the combat mission forums soon to say hello.

I told her to maybe grab some flowers!

Edited by kohlenklau

No calls back yet. Tried again but still no answer.

So get this...why does this maybe mean a bit more to me? Beyond just being fellow forumites and having respect for Michael (age ~71) as I have seen his posts as helpful, etc.

Well, always for many many years now I saw his profile and he is actually from a town maybe a half hour or so from where my older sister lives! 

In fact I just chatted with my sister, she is a nurse and she will get boots on the ground to pass him a short note I e-mailed to her for us maybe tomorrow as she heads to work in Seattle.

Your buddies from Battlefront website say a warm hello, hope you have a quick recovery and please swing by the combat mission forums soon to say hello.

I told her to maybe grab some flowers!

It's far too respectful. He won't believe it's from us.

This is all just great practice really. We have no doubt just over the horizon an entire wave of old geezer wargamers waiting for the day we will need to lovingly track them down.....

For example in the below purely hypothetical phone conversation...

Operator: Mount View Asylum how may I direct your call? 

Kohlenklau: Hello maam, I am calling from the US and wanted to check on an elderly patient?

Operator: name sir?

Kohlenklau: Jon Sowden...S-O-W-D-E-N..

Operator: yes sir, West Wing, floor 5..room 16..room mates with Mr. Kettler I believe....

Kohlenklau: %$^#@^!!!

:D

Edited by kohlenklau