Beyond Gustav Line

Hi Guys, I really enjoyed CMFI and Gustav line.  But I'm not sure if I should be excited by this module.  I'm not a history buff - so I was hoping someone could inform me of what sort of things I might expect?

Edited by weta_nz

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:06 AM, weta_nz said:

Do you think we will see the Archer tank destroyer in this module? I don't believe we have had this tank in any of the CMx2 series yet.

My notes from the old CM Afrika Korps game did not have the Archer listed. CMAK was pretty inclusive but not as much as the CMX 2 games have been when you add everything together, but I doubt CMAK would have passed on the Archer if it was in theater. That's not too surprising as there were no Cromwells in Italy either. 

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

My notes from the old CM Afrika Korps game did not have the Archer listed. CMAK was pretty inclusive but not as much as the CMX 2 games have been when you add everything together, but I doubt CMAK would have passed on the Archer if it was in theater. That's not too surprising as there were no Cromwells in Italy either. 

The Wikipedia page on the Archer states that it was used in Italy, but gives no numbers. So there is a chance that it might make it in, but I couldn't tell you how much of one. I don't recall, has it made it into BN yet?

Michael

Well looks like we better start training for rugged uphill battles for the Allies and sharpen our small unit tactics. The Germans will be able to set-up nasty surprises given the terrain. Even the flatter ground is a patchwork of ancient fortified towns. Every slight prominence can be a tactical challenge to defend and take.

Kevin 

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/3/2016 at 6:47 PM, Michael Emrys said:

The Wikipedia page on the Archer states that it was used in Italy, but gives no numbers. So there is a chance that it might make it in, but I couldn't tell you how much of one. I don't recall, has it made it into BN yet?

Michael

My quick notes on Archer use in Italy:

Britain (314 Battery, 105 Atk Regt RA; 1x troop, 93rd Atk Regt RA) - Sept 44 - ?
Canada (2x Battery, 7 Atk Regt RCA) - Oct-Dec 44
Poland (7 ATk Regt) - ?

CoppInset2.jpg

Archer of 7th Anti Tank Regiment, RCA in Italy.  Note wizard doll on nose.

Edited by akd

" the only possible tactical use of the vehicles was for defensive or ambush purposes. The driver and commander were seated in the front part of the casemate, which had a hinged armored flap and vision slit. "

This is one one the most bizaar tanks of the war, I hope BF will fully simulate the chaos of the gunner trying to guide the tank while reversing and turning to aim at a target ;)

• 2 months later...

I was reading last Christmas bone and a doubt came to me. Chris said that next module will include between another more, Luftwaffe Field Divisions, but really we have this unit in game now. We can play in FI+GL with luftwaffe units and not only with german airborne troops, but panzergrenadiers also. Aren't these units field divisions?

P.D. No news about next module?

3 hours ago, akd said:

Only the panzers and panzergrenadiers of the Herman Goering Panzer Division are currently in the game.  Luftwaffe Field Divisions were the equivalent of infantry divisions in the regular army.

Ok, thaks for this info, I didn't know that  all these panzergrenadiers were of the HG division only. Of course, next module will be very very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...