The Peng Challenge Thread: Some one get me a drink, and tell me what's going on, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

If the Tower of Babel were made of gaming "stuffs", Berli had assembled a mighty Eff You to the Old Testament Smitesalot.

Seanachai and I have excavated most of it, and it reposes in my garage.  Waiting for completion, and then a mighty grabbification,  After that, Ebay and its unholy dispersal and donationisms.

The experience has made all of us locals examine our own piles of Crappitude, and we are besmitten by a tidal wave of incipient purgitude.

What I mean to say is, check all thee the corridors of Ebay and BoardgameGeekitude, and bid on what ye may, come these weeks and months ahead.

Ye may just claim a piece of Berli, and even a piece of me, and Seanachai, and Papa Khann, and Vlad Marstov.

Seriously, we're gonna be purging - life has shown itself to be short.  I myself have identified approximately $3Gs of Advanced Squad Leader stuff in my basement alone, that I haven't touched in a decade, and I intend to put on Ebay.  Apparently this minty "A Bridge Too Far" module is quite out of print, and quite valuable.  Dorosh, are thee out there?  Dost thee have a sister, or a cousin, that might be Comely? And Tolerable of Low Standards?  Seriously dude, unpunched.

HOUSE PERSIFLAGE, FOR THE AUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was out wandering the wilderness and heard a voice telling me it was time to return.  I was completed floored to discover that this thread was still running.  Then I discovered why I was called back, one of the Originals had made the transition to live with the gods.  So long Berli, I know I didn't know you well, however I do remember drawing your ire for something, I no longer remember what, doesn't matter.

Holy crap, just looked in my profile, and discovered it has been 13 years since I posted last.  I have no idea what happened, life I guess.  I know most of you won't remember me, and I don't really care.  Hopefully it won't be 13 years until I post again. My gaming interests are changing, and I think I will be getting back into one of the versions of this game, I own Normandy, but some of the new ones look interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

A lot of names I haven't seen for a while. We were a lot funnier then.

Michael

"We"?  If by that you mean the Peng thread had funnier comments by others and you were funnier looking then well yeah maybe (though recent polls indicate you are still funnier looking now. And that comes from someone wearing a doodie cap. - As Trump would say "sad".)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, dalem said:

I remember the days when I could go toe to toe with OGSF ...

Thain ye hae tha recallin' facilities o' a pregnant goldfish, ye toe-stubbin' blouse- wearin' weiner-haggler.  Bolded mah spotty arse.

Ah'm here tae doff mah tam an' doon a tumbler o' Lagavulin tae Berlichtingenthingen, who Ah met tha one time at dinner wi' Ol Foul Joe.  Hae had a hand ain designin' tha game Ah played as a wee squire agin tha' bugger Hiram Sedai. Was at really 16 years ago?  Sae Ah knew Berli tae bae tha bastard he wah, fraim tha start.  A guid bastard, An Ah haid nae quarrel wi' haim.

Nae forgotten laddie.

On 3/5/2017 at 9:02 PM, OGSF said:

Thain ye hae tha recallin' facilities o' a pregnant goldfish, ye toe-stubbin' blouse- wearin' weiner-haggler.  Bolded mah spotty arse.

Ah'm here tae doff mah tam an' doon a tumbler o' Lagavulin tae Berlichtingenthingen, who Ah met tha one time at dinner wi' Ol Foul Joe.  Hae had a hand ain designin' tha game Ah played as a wee squire agin tha' bugger Hiram Sedai. Was at really 16 years ago?  Sae Ah knew Berli tae bae tha bastard he wah, fraim tha start.  A guid bastard, An Ah haid nae quarrel wi' haim.

Nae forgotten laddie.

Rah rah Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen.

Seriously, ya buggers.