The Peng Challenge Thread: Some one get me a drink, and tell me what's going on, eh?

I spent part of this weekend scraping the remains of my lawn to begin planting native stuff that is drought tolerant. I will likely just get it in before the El Niño hits and drowns it all.

I blame Boo

OK, this is serious. I am very impressed with what you are doing. More people need to get rid of the lawns and plant native plants instead.

OK, this is serious. I am very impressed with what you are doing. More people need to blame Boo

Sorry I think it may have been garbled in transmission.  Is that what you meant to say?

Anyway back to the lawn, yeah most folks on my street are doing this.  We have two holdouts that are still wasting water on their lawns.  Funny thing is the native plants add so much more color than just green.  Nobody really even sits on their lawns anyway.with the exception of a few backyards.

Californiyay just ain't what it used to be... Last time I was there was in 2001 and even then it was crumbling. Can't imagine how bad it must be now.

Just move to the Netherlands Jeckle, plenty of lush vegetation here. You are most welcome.

Edited by PanzerMike

Californiyay just ain't what it used to be... Last time I was there was in 2001 and even then it was crumbling. Can't imagine how bad it must be now.

Just move to the Netherlands Jeckle, plenty of lush vegetation here. You are most welcome.

Plus you can eat tulip bulbs in a pinch. As long as the dikes hold.

Edited by Nidan1

I am pleasantly surprised (and  unpleasantly unsurprised that I am pleasantly surprised) to find several old names still posting.  I was expecting that  Seanachai's liver would have exploded like a T-34 canister round by now.

Having been offline for so long, I am really confused.  Is Combat Mission "Touch" something that Noba and PanzerMike play late at night with Kenny G in the background?  And what the heck is CM: Black Sea?  Last I knew the Russians and the Allies were working together to crush the evil Nazi's.  I don't want to play a game that reminds me how f-ed up the world is today.  I want to play a game that allows me to romanticize how f-ed up the world was 70 years ago.

I am pleasantly surprised (and  unpleasantly unsurprised that I am pleasantly surprised) to find several old names still posting.  I was expecting that  Seanachai's liver would have exploded like a T-34 canister round by now.

Having been offline for so long, I am really confused.  Is Combat Mission "Touch" something that Noba and PanzerMike play late at night with Kenny G in the background?  And what the heck is CM: Black Sea?  Last I knew the Russians and the Allies were working together to crush the evil Nazi's.  I don't want to play a game that reminds me how f-ed up the world is today.  I want to play a game that allows me to romanticize how f-ed up the world was 70 years ago.

The closest that PanzerMike (spelt, not bolded) and I have been was mercifully a quite large separation thanks entirely to the English Channel. (Did I mention that I went to Tankfest?)

Noba.

Edited by Noba

Nah, no diesel fumes. Smelled like kangaroo poo. Very distinct. Very Oddstraylian. A smell not indigenous to the civilized parts of the world. Yuckie.

Ahh, so you didn't get the email about the escaped Kangaroos in East Anglia? No wonder you are confused.

You do know that green stuff you are smoking is not good for long term memory retention.

Noba.

Clearly, CessPool members are not posting as they are waiting with bated breath for UPDATES!!!

Noba continues to preen.  Unjustly proud of the use of 16" artillery, from battleships no doubt.  Meanwhile, I am stuck in the Conscript loop.  Turn 1 = Enemy fires a pistol, Turn 2 = Conscripts panic, run away, Turn 3 = Conscripts recover, push them back forward, Turn 4 = Conscripts return randomly to enemy's LOS, Turn 5 = Rinse and Repeat.  We will still win.

Nidan1 continues to fall back, pressed by my ravening hordes of the Motherland.  He too used the gamey tactic of using accurate artillery.  And it appears he hacked the source code to immobilize over half of my armored units in mud.  We will still win.

My neighbor, Boo Radley, continues to wander aimlessly across the river trying to achieve LOS on my master PanzerTruppen.  The combination of low slung Stugs and bocage has him frothing at the mouth.  He was unable to use the same hacks as Nidan1 and Noba.  He simply dropped his arty on empty roads.  We will still win.

speedbump

My neighbor, Boo Radley, continues to wander aimlessly across the river trying to achieve LOS on my master PanzerTruppen.  The combination of low slung Stugs and bocage has him frothing at the mouth.  He was unable to use the same hacks as Nidan1 and Noba.  He simply dropped his arty on empty roads.  We will still win.

speedbump

Of course you will. And do you want to know why, Speedbumpkin?

Yabba-dabba-muchado_about_nuffink: As was previously stated, you hacked the initial game to put your forces on the same side of the map as my forces.

Numero Deux: You also hacked the game to give me a non-existant AT gun which may be labeled as an AT gun, but which will not disembark from the HT and another AT gun which only has LOS to your units when it is limbered, not to mention Shermans who, no matter how many times might hit your armor, it's like throwing spit balls at something with the relative density of Joe Shaw's head, while your tanks are able to one-shot my tanks 9 out of 10 times, and

Mitzy Gaynor: Even a blind pig* can find a truffle once in awhile.

*Apologies to blind pigs world-wide.

Of course you will. And do you want to know why, Speedbumpkin?

Yabba-dabba-muchado_about_nuffink: As was previously stated, you hacked the initial game to put your forces on the same side of the map as my forces.

Numero Deux: You also hacked the game to give me a non-existant AT gun which may be labeled as an AT gun, but which will not disembark from the HT and another AT gun which only has LOS to your units when it is limbered, not to mention Shermans who, no matter how many times might hit your armor, it's like throwing spit balls at something with the relative density of Joe Shaw's head, while your tanks are able to one-shot my tanks 9 out of 10 times, and

Mitzy Gaynor: Even a blind pig* can find a truffle once in awhile.

*Apologies to blind pigs world-wide.

E pluribus unum: We prefer to think of it as your troops were placed on MY side of the map.  We simply chose to adapt and overcome…

Operendus secundus: This would be the AT gun that one-shotteted my noble Stug?  Or the AT gun that appears in my LOS, only to disappear immediately prior to the orders phase? And please be careful, you are bordering on starting a grognardian conversation on optics and relative armor angles.  This is a no-no in the Pool.

The Tertiary Period: You are correct sir, dalem loves Minnesota truffles….

Do these jeans make my Postremus look fat?: Joes Shaw is the Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House

Edited by speedbump2

speedbump, did not we tangle a few years ago in some sort of CMAK-based tournament?

Sir dalem, we tangled head to head, in a tournament.   You may remember me by my original handle: speedbump.

Edited by speedbump2

I have vague memories of respecting your game play and your posting style.  Even for a shavian.  Especially for a shavian.

Sad, what age does to one's memory.  In some ways it is clear as day (my posting style), yet other memories fade or become distorted (my game play).  There is a reason my nom de guerre is speedbump, as in slow down the opponent as much as....

Shouldn't there be some kind of penance required of speedhump for loosing his handle?  Did he already make amends?  If only we had something like a Justicar to help us understand the proper procedures for these cases....

If memory serves, they retired my handle with honor.  Now it hangs in the rafters with all of the other championship banners.

If memory serves, they retired my handle with honor.  Now it hangs in the rafters with all of the other championship banners.

More like rolled-up and stored under the cobweb-filled rafters with your participant ribbons from Tiddlywinks tournaments and your collection of pinch-pots from kindergarten.  Here's an idea: why don't you look through that other debris-strewn storage space (you know, that cavernous space on top of your shoulders) and see if you can find the password to your original account.  One speedhump was already one too many.  Two is unbearable.