The Peng Challenge Thread: Some one get me a drink, and tell me what's going on, eh?

I have been lax my friends, not to be confused with Ex Lax though the results of that are much the same as one sees here.

My young friend and protege, sburke has been toiling valiantly in the vineyards that are the Cesspool and I ... well, I have not. But he has upheld the honor and glory that is the Shavian House and is to be commended for that.

As a result, and in my capacity as Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, I hereby announce to one and all that the Squire sburke is now and shall be known as Sir sburke

He is and shall always now be, a full fledged Knight of the CessPool and a fully accredited and promoted Knight of the Shavian House.

Arise Sir sburke and serve your House well.

Sir Joe Shaw, JFLPCT.

I have been lax my friends, not to be confused with Ex Lax though the results of that are much the same as one sees here.

My young friend and protege, sburke has been toiling valiantly in the vineyards that are the Cesspool and I ... well, I have not. But he has upheld the honor and glory that is the Shavian House and is to be commended for that.

As a result, and in my capacity as Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, I hereby announce to one and all that the Squire sburke is now and shall be known as Sir sburke

He is and shall always now be, a full fledged Knight of the CessPool and a fully accredited and promoted Knight of the Shavian House.

Sir Joe Shaw, JFLPCT.

Congratulations, Sir sburke (or should it be Sir Sburke?)!  Welcome to full kanigetthood!!  Now who will clean the filth from my boots.....

I would remind you speedbump2 that it's the custom of the Shavian House to properly bold the names of full members of the Peng Challenge Thread. It's not a requirement of course but certainly should be considered a best practice.

We covered that during your Squireship ... week 14 as I recall from the syllabus ... "The Sacred Traditions and Honors of the Peng Challenge Thread and How to Best Clean the Greasetraps in Tunnel 3."

Joe

Sir Joe Shaw, JFLPCT.

wait?  What?  A Knigget and I am still serving drinks?  Oh  you meant... never mind.     Thank you my liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House

ahh Kniggethood, I have dreamed of this day.. sort of like this

I think Nidan Pyle makes a cameo at the :48 mark or maybe that is dalem - it would explain the whole slow clap thing...

Edited by sburke

Sir Joe Shaw, JFLPCT.

Oh, good. Another latch-key Squire becomes yet another overnight... Knight.

Where was the training, Joe?

Where were the tests, the trials?

How many battles did he fight against other Squires? How many AARs did he submit?

Sloppy. Very sloppy, Joe.

Overnight? It's been MONTHS Boo Radley and he has successfully completed the course of study required of aspirants to the mantle of Knight of the Shavian House ... granted it was a correspondent course but it was comprehensive and covered all the major facets including respect for and acknowledgment of my status as the Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread. And he has posted a sufficiency of AARs in my humble but correct opinion. 

Jealousy ill becomes you Boo Radley ... but then pretty much everything ill becomes you these days. Maybe it's just YOU.

Joe

Overnight? It's been MONTHS Boo Radley and he has successfully completed the course of study required of aspirants to the mantle of Knight of the Shavian House .

Joe

So when he feeds himself, only 45% of the food misses his mouth and lands on his shirt? Well I guess that means he's about at the head of the class for your crew, eh?

And as for AARs, I don't remember seeing any, which either means they weren't there or they were so lame as to be ignored.

As there are no Ker Dessel* scenarios available anymore, the least you could have done was have him play a Rune scenario and post an AAR of that, but no... The allegedly proud tradition of trials weathered by Knight-candidates for the Shavian House has become the equivalent of getting a diploma from Brown-Mackie College.

So sad.

*Ker Dessel - When it's called a set-up for a reason.

How many battles did he fight against other Squires? How many AARs did he submit?

Sloppy. Very sloppy, Joe.

Well, one.  Against the only other squire (Watcher of House Rune) around here and he is , well no longer around here.  Such apparently was the devastating power of my victory...or more likely the devastating shock of having ngcavscout as a liege.  Admittedly it that is pretty depressing.

Congrats sburke, I think...

Last time anybody made it to knight in this place was when Emrys was a young lad chasing the damsels. And that was eons ago.

Talking of damsels, where is Emrys. We know he survived his little accident, so what's his excuse to not show up here? The smell of Joe's armpits?

Talk to us, Emrys!

Oh, I don't blame you, lad.

I blame Joe Shaw.*

(Most of us have buttons that say that. It's a big part of the unofficial MBT banner)

We don't blame you either Boo.  After all there were generations and generations that proceeded you that could have abstained and removed themselves from the gene pool and instead found themselves unable to control their baser urges until something truly base resulted.  Why in the era of political correctness would we blame you when we could instead lay fault at the feet of so many others?

However it is your own fault that you have not tried to improve yourself with a cap so well yeah I take it back, we do blame you.

Sae last week Ah'd bin drinkin' a' tha local pub. Ah were a wee bit wobbly.  Sae Ah took a bus haim. 

At were a big staip fer mae.

Ah'd ne'er driven a feckin' bus before.

You know, there are some things in life for which I can be thankful.

I was in Glasgow recently courtesy of a free train trip via Virgin Trains 1st class.

I was concerned about being able to understand the locals so before I went

I ran some of your old posts through a translation program and had the computer

then speak them out loud in Scottish.

After a few days I found I could actually understand what was being said so

I went there full of confidence. Guess what, didn't work, I still couldn't understand

a word most of them said.

Thankfully I had my nephew there and as he comes from London, he understood

them perfectly.

Noba.

p.s. Did I mention I went to Tankfest?

Congrats sburke, I think...

Last time anybody made it to knight in this place was when Emrys was a young lad chasing the damsels. And that was eons ago.

Talking of damsels, where is Emrys. We know he survived his little accident, so what's his excuse to not show up here? The smell of Joe's armpits?

Talk to us, Emrys!

Emrys has never even been a Squire, let alone an exhalted Knight or even a  Knight of any kind exhaulted or otherwise. I'm surprised Shaw didnt make that point, but we all know his mental acumen has increasingly faded over the years. 

If you ever expect to raise your status here young Panzer Mike, you had better study up on MBT history and lore.

Emrys has never even been a Squire, let alone an exhalted Knight or even a  Knight of any kind exhaulted or otherwise. I'm surprised Shaw didnt make that point, but we all know his mental acumen has increasingly faded over the years. 

If you ever expect to raise your status here young Panzer Mike, you had better study up on MBT history and lore.

First of all it is not Shaw, it is Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House.

Secondly because it is Heckle and I am Jeckle, say chum I think all he said was that Emrys is old and it had been since Emrys was a lad that anyone became a Knigget.

C'mon Pyle, pay attention!!

First of all it is not Shaw, it is Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House.

Secondly because it is Heckle and I am Jeckle, say chum I think all he said was that Emrys is old and it had been since Emrys was a lad that anyone became a Knigget.

C'mon Pyle, pay attention!!

Yeah Nidan Pyle, as usual Jeckle is right. Pay attention, oldtimer!

And you're a wee little bundt cake which has been dropped in a mud puddle. Poor you, poor you, poor you.

An' ye're a gluten free vegan lemon blackberry bundt cake jammed between a sassanach's spotty arse cheeks, laddie. But ye alraidy knew that, did'n ye?

OGSF and Nidan1 ... aren't we privileged ... at least I think we're privileged, with OGSF it's hard to tell what he's saying so he could just as easily have been ordering a pizza online and came here by mistake. He gets that way when he's in his cups ... and when isn't he. As to Nidan1, well lads he's had twelve too many roundhouse kicks to the head to take anything he says at face value ... a good thing too since I've seen photos of his face {shudder}.

Joe