Umlaut´s mods

umlaut

Figured I might as well make a single thread dedicated to previewing my mods. Rather than keep making new threads every time I release a new one. Alas, it is never going to be as long as Aris´. I definitely lack his speed (not to mention skill).

Anyway, here it is.

The first one to show is the Flakpanzer 38 (t). For some reason I really like this little critter. So I thought I´d give it a bit of dust, grime and a camo scheme. Or two camo schemes, actually.

I´ll release it as soon as I´ve finished the [muddy] versions.

flak_38_rek.jpg

Edited by umlaut

I Known this is going to be a dumb question.  I have seen armor on both sides camouflaged with tree branches  I guess it not possible for Folks that create mod's to make some armor camouflaged  with tree branches?

I have always wondered about this.?

Regards

Lane :)

Zane, the only thing modders can do is to mod the branches "flat" on the hull/turret, and would look very strange indeed. The 3D model would have to have tree branches modelled onto it in order to have them "sticking out" from the tank, like the gun barrel and machine guns, etc. are. 

Thanks, M8 :) - I do as many as I can (that is: As many as I feel like making, I don´t want it to become a chore). But as I said: I haven´t got Aris´ amazing productivity.

Here´s a mod set I forgot, because I only uploaded it to the Red Thunder section of Cmmods. But it works just as well in CMBN.

Complete set of weathered SdKfz 251 Ausf. C halftracks

Umlauts_SdKfz_251_Ausf_C_CMBN-CMRT.zip_o

Edited by umlaut

The flakpanzers are really well done, especially the detail with the wear and tear along some of the sharp edges of the armour. Takes it a step above the rest.

Thanks a lot. That is one of my "pet" details which I only just recently have gotten to look as intended. But I actually had been wondering if I perhaps was the only one that noticed it :)

Does it work/is present in CMFI and CMRT as well?

Well, as far as I can tell there are no Hummels in CMRT nor in CMFI. But there are Nashorns (which are largely the same vehicle, except for the gun), so I might convert these mods into Nashorns at some point.

BTW: Can anyone tell what the story is about Nashorns in CMBN? They arent in the game, as far as I can tell - but the bmp files are in the Vehicle Pack. How come?