SeinfeldRules Scenario Thread

Just played 'Amongst the Ruins' .... for about the third time and unfortunately I crashed to desktop about 2 minutes before the end having secured (I think) two of the objectives.

This was (for me) a bloody difficult scenario and I still haven't got the hang of it but have a reasonable handle on some tricks and tactics to be going on with. Despite firing this one up three times, it has heaps of replay value and I'm definitely going to try it again. This is despite the fact that this is a street fight which is not really my thing. I think the main reason I like it is because it is a small area, the numbers involved are manageable and there is scope to make mistakes.

Comments pretty much as before - this is a well designed, balanced scenario with good briefings. It goes without saying that the map is the standout factor in this particular scenario.

I think for sure that I will rummage around all of these scenarios in the editor at some point to pick up some hints and tips for scenario design - SeinfeldRules has a real talent for this mission making malarkey.

Probably stating the obvious by now but if you've still not worked it out, I thoroughly recommend this one.

Into Lithuania ... downloaded and played.  I thought I'd lost this one but snatched a Total Victory with 44 seconds on the clock due to a German surrender. Had I not triggered the surrender I would have not got into Lithuania ... I was nowhere near the farm complex objective and hadn't cleared the village objective although I was at least on it. While I was playing I thought my losses were pretty dire but actually worked out as 13 KIA, 14 WIA with two tanks destroyed and two immobilised.

To be honest I think a fair result would have been a German tactical victory but I did hammer away with my firepower so perhaps not.

This is another little cracker of a scenario with yet another well designed map and a good balance of forces and comes heartily recommended.

Replayed Into Lithuania on WEGO Iron mode this time - had another cracking game - used a different plan and came out with a tactical victory which I was very pleased with.

This time the scores on the doors were 126 German VP to 394 Allied VP and I suffered 12 KIA, 11 WIA and lost one tank. But for a couple of Germans lurking in the village I would have bagged the 500 VPs on offer for that ... I was agonisingly close to a total victory, just as I was lucky to force a surrender with 44 seconds on the clock last time out.

Thanks for these SeinfeldRules.

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys, especially about the quality of the maps. I really put a lot of my effort in the maps and they are my babies, the scenarios are just a happy byproduct! Please continue with the feedback, it's the only way I can make my scenarios better!

SeinfeldRules - I am gearing myself up to  tackle Assault Position next - I have been doing a fair amount of analysis on this scenario which I will post in due course. I think I'm close to having a plan now and am really intrigued to see how it will play out. From my analysis so far it certainly presents an interesting tactical problem so it should be a neat little challenge.

SeinfeldRules,

AD Amongst the Ruins is one heck of a battle.  I especially like the map; earlier I mentioned it had a very strong Stalingrad feeling to it.  It was sometimes hard to figure out how to move from building to building or level to level but that just made it more interesting.  The battle was pretty vicious, and the Soviet SMGs are terrible to come up against.  I spent a lot of time tending to casualties.  With time running out I was able to rush the train station with what I had left, which wasn't much.  Most of my troops were broken by then and very prone to shooting at the enemy and then running from the cover of their building.  I was surprised to gain a Tactical Victory.  Excellent battle which came right down to the last minutes.

2mhg48k.jpg

The guy who surrendered wasn't hit and made it.

Heinrich505

• 3 months later...

Just played your 'Interlock' scenario. Great wee fight on and excellent wee map and tactically very challenging.

Great job :)

Probed ahead with several scout teams. Made contact (one scout team did not survive this!) and started building fire base. Engaged enemy contacts. Took a while to work out what I was facing but managed to flank the objective by moving a squad under covering fire. Popped smoke and made the dash across the rails.

Got the flamethrower into action and cleared the objective. Moved several teams from this squad into it. I'd noticed earlier a short, violent and unsuccessful Soviet flanking action. Luckily I'd placed a team on my left flank they spotted it and cut em down.

Pulled a tactical victory in the end with several minutes to go. I lost several guys to some hasty moves on the left flank (became a bit cocky and my guys paid for it). Luckily the attack on my right flank went according to plan.

I've just started the AD Assault Position. A huge part of playing scenarios for me is the map. If the map looks real I'll most likely play the scenario. If not I'll just exit - I'm not into playing something that looks the same as my early wargaming 1:300 micro armour days involving painted wooden houses and lichen posing as woods! Oh and hate zig zaggy roads...

Anyway I really like this map. It feels real, like the micro details and the overall 'feel' is realistic. I'm in the opening moves of this scenario but enjoying it so far.

Thank you for the high praise, my maps are a personal point of pride and I do my best to make them feel absolutely real... and coming from you, it definitely means a lot!

I still hope to publish more scenarios eventually... I have several sitting in my folder waiting for either some final touches or an AI plan... but it's summer in Alaska and that means I've spent all my available time on the river with my fly rod. But winter is fast approaching and with the bitter cold brings more time to sit at my computer and crank out scenarios!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for all the scenarios. I'm loving the smaller map sizes and smaller engagements. I just completed "Small Patrol Action" last week, and it was very interesting. (Tried to get some MGs over in that orchard on the American's left, and there was quite the skirmish up near that road.) I'm starting "Amongst the Ruins" right now, for CMRT. I just opened that map, and... wow. Had to come say thanks, immediately. Really excellent work SeinfeldRules! (I'm doing my Elaine dance right now.) Like many other people, I hope you'll keep putting the maps/scenarios out there. Can't wait to see what your map-making style may bring to the much-anticipated Bulge project.

• 1 month later...

Hello...

I played 'Interlock OP' tonight.

- As usual...A very nice map !

- Good 'idea' for a scenario.

- Overall a very good 'one sitting' scenario

RESULT...Total victory 

CASUALTIES...2 dead, 1 wounded

RUSSIAN CASUALTIES...2 enemy soldiers (from 2 teams) remained when the enemy surrendered.

Thanks for this scenario...Hope you find the time to make some more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the great comments guys - they really keep me going on these things. As proof, here's another scenario! :)

Hitting the Flank v1.0

http://bit.ly/1N3vhaF

uFOtg1U.jpg

Our forces are counterattacking. Having detrained merely days ago, your Regiment has been pushing around the flank of the Soviets, looking for an opportunity to halt the Russian juggernaut. The panzergrenadier company you command has been tasked with securing the flank of our regiment's counterattack by taking a town overlooking an important road highway. Located to the NW on the reverse slope of a ridge line, your force is poised to take the town and the woods overlooking the road.

This scenario needs testing! I will be uploading it to the Proving Grounds... but please give me feedback on the length of time required and the difficulty. It got very basic testing.

Also, for those who like my scenarios... keep an eye out from some CMBS ones! Coming soon... :)

Edited by SeinfeldRules

And another one!

Mine Mill Mountain v1.0

bit.ly/1Q7trL8

XcrQFGF.jpg

You are a Soviet Cavalry Squadron Commander in Romania. Our forces have pushed rapidly through the country, bypassing large groups of enemy troops. A group of German stragglers have managed to hole themselves up in a mining town located on the side of a mountain. You've been tasked with digging them out.

Please let me know how this plays. Don't know if I have the force balance correct.

Edited by SeinfeldRules

Thank you for all the great comments guys - they really keep me going on these things. As proof, here's another scenario! :)

Hitting the Flank v1.0

http://bit.ly/1N3vhaF

uFOtg1U.jpg

Our forces are counterattacking. Having detrained merely days ago, your Regiment has been pushing around the flank of the Soviets, looking for an opportunity to halt the Russian juggernaut. The panzergrenadier company you command has been tasked with securing the flank of our regiment's counterattack by taking a town overlooking an important road highway. Located to the NW on the reverse slope of a ridge line, your force is poised to take the town and the woods overlooking the road.

This scenario needs testing! I will be uploading it to the Proving Grounds... but please give me feedback on the length of time required and the difficulty. It got very basic testing.

Also, for those who like my scenarios... keep an eye out from some CMBS ones! Coming soon... :)

At first look I'm guessing my scheme of manoeuvre from 'Assault Position' ain't going to work this time!!! I'll give this a spin when I can.

• 2 weeks later...