Somebody's Hero - A CAAR

My first CAAR (Comic After Action Report) was in the format of a DAR presented as a comic. To introduce some variety and also make this one a bit more like a comic, it will be presented less as an AAR and more as a story, following the actions and adventures of one man, a Russian soldier called Dmitry ("Dima") Ivanov. Of course this is also going to present the battles as well, so the AAR aspect is still included, just not the sole objective.

Some of you wanted to hear more about Lt. Warner, Cpl. Dietrich, and Sgt. Hirsch from my first CAAR; they will be back in another CAAR. At the time of this one, Warner and his boys are in Normandy, and later, in Holland during Market-Garden.

Once again, Kohlenklau is my partner in this, and I thank him for being a fun opponent in the battles and a patient friend in the delays doing these sometimes introduces.

Edited by Bud Backer

Bud,

Thanks to you for the CAAR and Kohl for being your opponent once again.  Looks excellent.  Always a pleasure seeing these.

Heinrich505

Thank you very much, Heinrich. It's always a delight to have folks interested in the first CAAR come back to enjoy the second. :)

Yes!! Another volume to add to my comic book collection!!  And for 10 cents how can you go wrong?  

Haha well I asked Steve to clarify my permission to post this stuff. I don't want any trouble - so to be clear: the 10 cents logo is just there for nostalgia and consistency with the genre, not because I'm making any money by any means. 

Ah, not at all, comrade.  That would be...um...defeatist... :D

Wait, who are those soldiers with the green piping on their hats and epaulets setting up machine guns behind our position?  We are attacking, right?  Grigor said they were to enhance our enthusiasm to fight for the Rodina.  Hmmm..... :huh:

[Muhahahaha]

Heinrich505

Ah, not at all, comrade.  That would be...um...defeatist... :D

Wait, who are those soldiers with the green piping on their hats and epaulets setting up machine guns behind our position?  We are attacking, right?  Grigor said they were to enhance our enthusiasm to fight for the Rodina.  Hmmm..... :huh:

[Muhahahaha]

Heinrich505

hahaha - We no longer need to be encouraged, we are winning and are eager to keep doing so! 

This pixel Ivan is definitely my hero. Really looking forward for this AAR. 

I'm pleased to see this famous battle (in my country is famous) thru eyes of comrade Ivanov.

It's really amazing how little is actually known of this battle in the West. No one talks about it and there is scant mention of it in most discussions about the Eastern Front. 

Thank you for your comments! :)