Your Favorite CM: Black Sea Vehicle?

Little spin-off: I remember a discussion, years ago, about what "name" could be given to the tank that will come after the M1... If the tradition goes on, and catch up to the dates, it should be someone who didn't serve earlier than the first gulf war (at least for the bulk of his career), shouldn't it?

As regarding my favourite vehicle I have to say this: I still need to try and make mistakes with a good bounch of the vehicles in CMBS... so it's very early at least.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Nah. The naming scheme has generally been armor, cavalry, or non-armor officers who became sort of armor officers (general officers from other branches who were armored division commanders and the like in World War Two).  HR MacMaster is really the one guy I can think of in modern times that'd be a good namesake for a tank.

Schwartzkopf would be a good choice for an IFV name though.

Nah. The naming scheme has generally been armor, cavalry, or non-armor officers who became sort of armor officers (general officers from other branches who were armored division commanders and the like in World War Two).  HR MacMaster is really the one guy I can think of in modern times that'd be a good namesake for a tank.

You just know that ANY IFV named the "Schwartzkopf" would soon enough have the nickname "zit".

Just sayin'...

:)

Franks.