Pardox CMSF & problem with Win7 32-bit installation

Several years ago I bought the Paradox version of the game released on a CD as a franchise I believe - it was publihed in Poland buy one of the companies here. The case is I got myself CM Afghanistan and have become completely hooked, downloaded and installed the demos and am getting more and more inclined to buy CNBS and CMBN + MG ( that's my main interest here .. ), but USMC, UK and NATO bundle is aready a must and it's only a matter of time when I am buying that ...

Well, not exactly ... The above - mentioned Paradox version of the game is supposed to work well for the aforementioned addon modules, but so far I cannot get to install that at all on my Win7 - it used to install and work on my XP OP without any problem, I just didn''t get to that at all then. The disc is unscathed, I run the installer with admin privileges, but at the end there's always that pop-up error message: BIN / CM Shock Force.exe cannot be run, I am prompted either to abort or RTD which I do and the game is installed, but without any .exe file in its main directory to run that with. It doesn't work then. I have patched it up with the patch from BF website which is dedicated for the Paradox version of the game - 1.10 for the very beginning.. I have the .exe then, I run the game and get the message that the wromg disc is inserted - RTD then. No wonder, there was on original .exe so that that poor software may fend for itself to be recognized as a legitimate one.

Please advise. I have attached the screen of the way my main game directory looks like after 1.10 patch if that makes sense at all.

Edited by burroughs

Hello brurroughs

I am assuming you've read this?

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=227&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

A speacial Paradox Patch that will convert your Paradox version of CMSF to Battlefront version.  There is other information on the Battlefront link that might help regarding modules for CMSF etc.

Yes, but thatnk you nevertheless. I was only kind of thinking whether that would get the jib done for me if there is no original .exe file in the vanilla installation of the game. But know I think it's only one buck, not much money to waste to find out - I just don't like making efforts in vain should they turn out to be so.

I am also assuming that I may not be able to play the original content of SF even if the modules would work. I'll try that one dollar method first I think.

Edited by burroughs

Alright, one dollar license patch worked miracles for me in the scope that the game gets launched and I get the interface for version 1.21 BF. However, each time I try to load a scenario, battle or campaign the loading process stops at exactly 93% and the game freezes, t6hen when I invoke the system amanger to kill the process it crashes to desktop. I have added to exception to the DEP, rebooted and it didn't yield any results.

To my best knowlege the OP keeps blocking files and / or processes; that could also be my AV software, but I am not sure, don't have any problems with CMA or any of the demos. Perhaps I should have installed the game to the root directory on C drive. Now it's on D .. Dunno.

Any other ideas? The OP says the graphic drivers are up to date.

I am running Win7 Home Premium SP1 64 Bit  Intel Pentium D CPU 3.0 GHz RAM 8 GB NVidia GeForce GT 630.

One more thing: when trying to reinstall to another directory on the same machine - do I need to unlicense the first and then install the license again?

Edited by burroughs

If you are reintsalling the game on the same computer, then you do NOT have to unlicense the game and then relicense afterwards. You DO want to unlicense the game if you are going to make hardware changes to your computer (new CPU, video card, sound card, etc.). In that case you would want to unlicense the game BEFORE making those changes and then relicense it after those changes.

The 1.21 patch converts your Paradox copy to a Battlefront version that is protected by eLicense (and does not require the DVD to be in the drive to run the game). However eLicense does run into problems with some security programs. Usually this results in the game not running at all rather than an error of loading a scenario to 93% and then crashing. Typically you want to add exceptions within your security software for both the main game executable and the 'Runservice.exe' file in the 'Windows' directory (which is the 'eLicense service'). If your security software has an 'active protection' system (almost all major ones do), then you may need to add a separate exception for that system (usually within the same control panel, but possibly in a different menu). You will also want to add exceptions within your DEP settings for these two files (which it appears you may have already done).

If necessary (and it usually should not be), you can launch the game by right-clicking on the launching shortcut and select 'Run as administrator' from the popup menu. One thing that this helps with is that the files (saved games, etc.) get stored in the actual directory for the game rather than a hidden 'VirtualStore' directory (a security feature of Windows to prevent writes to program file directories). This will happen if you install the game to the default 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)' directories. Directories outside of these will NOT utilize the 'VirtualStore' security feature and game saves to will written to the actual directories of the game.

I am not specifically aware of any problems with Windows 7 64-bit and CMSF or with the GeForce 630 series of video cards and their drivers. If you decide to reinstall the graphic drivers, you may want to perform a 'Custom' install and make sure to select the checkbox for a 'clean' install of the drivers (the previous version gets uninstalled during the installation process).

Thank you very much gentlemen.

So the situation evolved like this - today in the morning I got enlightened with remembrance how I made my Command: Modern Air and Naval Operation worked again by installing the newest patch over the olde one which apparently made it unplayable for a few past months. So I dug up the BF sites for patches 1.31 and 1.32 and installed them over the lat BF version 1.21 which turned my old unplayable Paradox version 1.10 into a new BF version 1.21 - albeit still unplayable.

Whoa Mohammad!!! It worked! I can play missions / battles, play campaigns - at least load them just like the save files. Dunno about the rest, but when I try to access either qucik battles or optuions the game beutifully crashes the old style. That makes me kind of puzzled and experiencing extremely mixed feelings - there is a definite progress towards the right way, but with a solid addition of friction and disruption.

Maybe the drivers? Or my COMODO antivirus? I read at the forums that it was completely removed by a fellow player to make CS SF work finally which it did.

Aw, I added the exceptions to DEP - both CM .exe and runswervice.exe from Windows directory, I start with right clicking the icon and using the administrator privileges or straight from the main game directory , but stil with right clicking. Is there anything I still could try to eliminate those crashes and be able to finely tune my game?

Didn't try onnecting the network game or editor though, but thoseare the things I care for the least so far.