Kieme's Maps

Thanks.

Well, this highway map makes use of a specific mod, that is the alternative highway mod in form of a [tag]: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117795-kiemes-modding-corner/?p=1597617

This is used for some small portions such as the parking lots and highway toll area. Without the mod installed you might see some less convincing parking lots and the entrance to the highway might look a bit weird, but they will Always be asphalt anyway.

All the other textures (terrain and buildings) will change a bit their color palettes without any mod, so I don't know if there will be aesthetically less pleasant results, not to mention the buildings, some of them might look wrong in terms of the materials they are apparently made. For example: with the mods the industrial zone will have all concrete buildings, with a few brick ones. Without the mods there might be even some large wooden structures that wouldn't make much sense.

So, in the end, if you use the map without any kind of mod, it will be 100% functional anyway in terms of gameplay, but it might have some less pleasing views when you zoom in a lot. Anyway no, you don't really need the mods if you don't like them or don't want to use them, you'll be able to play the map in any case.

If anyone wants to try an email quick battle I'd like to give a run to the new version.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Kieme I downloaded the maps and looked at them without any mods. Even like that, they are some of the nicest and most convincing maps I've seen. Very nicely done. 

I'm going to try one thing that has me curious - whether the over/underpasses are functional. Not because of anything you've done but because I thought, but might be wrong, that there was a thing in any of the CM games where a vehicle on a bridge over land will end up "sinking" through it. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK. 1.3 out! Who is up for PBEM testing of these nice maps!? I will be away for the rest of the weekend but after that I would love to get some games going!

Edit: I would prefer RUS vs UKR over RUS vs US

Edited by H1nd

Well; whatever 'Box' is I can't get it to download, see the following, I get....

"We're sorry, but we can't preview .rar files. Please download this file using the button below."

There is no button below (Firefox v37.02)

Halp!!

A .rar is a compressed file (similar to .zip, etc.)

There are different utilities that will uncompress files. You may have one. Right click on the file and see if there is an "extract" option on the menu which opens up. If not, I use (and recommend) the free "7-zip" utility, found here: http://www.7-zip.org/

FWIW.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Looks like firefox has compatibility issues with box.com.

I have found these guidelines as potential troubleshooters:

Updating your browser to the latest version

Clearing your browser's cache

Using Box with an alternate browser, computer or network

Temporarily disabling any internet security/firewall programs to test whether they conflict   with Box (note: you may need clearance/assistance from your organization’s IT department/helpdesk to do this)

Updating Adobe Flash: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Updating Java: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

Disabling any plugins on your browser

Downloaded files from Firefox will download in Read Only mode if the download option "Open In" is selected. If you would like to edit the downloaded file, please choose the Save As option when downloading the file.

Never got a problem with Explorer, so I can't be of any help, I'll try some tests.

One possible problem might be that you try to download the older version, which is not deleted. Try to scroll down the first page and download from version2 links.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)