Kieme's Maps

• 1 month later...

Hi folks...

Ok, so I need some help...

I've downloaded Kieme's Highway V2 "map only", put it in my QB battles directory and had a look at it through the scenario editor.  It's excellent Kieme.. thank you very much for doing this.

I love huge battlefields with lots of maneuver room and this fits the bill..

My problem is that I wanted to get a CMBS "Meeting" engagement, so I've just spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to do that.  I've become frustrated..

Can someone help me with this map?  I'd simply like a HUGE Meeting Engagement with fair objectives for both sides and setup zones that run across the edges of the entire battlefield on both sides.

Would appreciate any assistance..

Thanks..

Regards,

Doug

Can someone help me with this map?  I'd simply like a HUGE Meeting Engagement with fair objectives for both sides and setup zones that run across the edges of the entire battlefield on both sides.

The Battle Type (ME, probe, ect) setting:

U98Umz.jpg

Objectives:

6VMb2b.jpg

Setup zones:

LZtBvO.jpg

fxUrgI.jpg

CNkhA7.jpg

Thanks partner... :)

That was really helpful... appreciate it...

Is there some scale perspective so I can understand how wide the small squares are, to make it easier to establis a setup zone depth from the edge of the map?  In other words, what would be reasonable number of those small "2" squares to cover from the edge outward into the map, to permit enough room for the player to be able to do a setup?  Is there any standard?

Regards,

Doug

I think each square is an action square, 8x8m

The "2" is actually "Crop type #2" simply a way of identifying what is the terrain feature in that square.

I think if you simply want a map edge to serve as a deploy area, a depth of 4-5 squares is what I think I've seen for most meeting engagement maps. I'm sure one of the expert map makers will speak up if I've misremembered.

I've played a ME on Kieme's map, with him as my opponent. His map is truly fabulous.

Edited by Bud_B

Also keep in mind when placing objectives that you only have to place them for one side.

Hmmm.... glad you told me that ... I was just starting to place objectives for Blue and I would have done the same for Red... saved me some time.. thanks..

Question:  Do I have to paint an entire objective with green, or can I enclose any area with a green box of tiles and anything within that area is counted as the objective for scoring.  I've seen maps done both ways?

Regards,

Doug

Also remember that the points values you assign objectives are not the actual amount they will be worth, but what they are worth relative to other objectives, e.g. if you assign one objective 5 pts and another 10 pts the former will be worth 1/2 the latter but the exact numerical value will determined by the Battle Type.

Also remember that the points values you assign objectives are not the actual amount they will be worth, but what they are worth relative to other objectives, e.g. if you assign one objective 5 pts and another 10 pts the former will be worth 1/2 the latter but the exact numerical value will determined by the Battle Type.

Thanks..  :)

I'll be happy if I can just get two setup zones and a couple of objectives onto Kieme's excellent map without breaking anything ... :lol:

Regards,

Doug

Also don't forget to set the friendly map edges to match the general orientation of the setup zones.

So, in simple terms... if I'm Blue and setup is along North edge of map facing South, then Blue Friendly Direction under data should be set to say "N" for North... correct?

Regards,

Doug

Done !!!

Thanks for all the help guys ... :)

After almost 13+ years and thanks to Kieme(ITA)'s excellent basic map, I've managed to use the Scenario Editor for the very first time and create my first PBEM Meeting Engagement complete with points scoring objectives...

Now, I just have to get an opponent who enjoys Blue on Blue matches on very large maps.

I think I've already got Splinty (Joe) overloaded with two large outings, but I'm impatient to try out my new work of art.. :P

Regards,

Doug

Edited by BadgerDog

• 3 weeks later...