Hungarian Mod

I am dabbling around in my spare time with a rudimentary Hungarian mod.

To hopefully support Team Nyakleves...

Sequoia kindly reminded me...(50 years old is way too soon for Alzheimer's!) that CMBB had Hungarian voice files already!

Working on a greatcoat...[WIP]...I will change the German Y-straps to Russian style brown leather Sam Browne and cloth fabric belts.

smod_german_greatcoat-tropical_soldier_u

I will also do maybe a StuG and/or PzIV.

Edited by kohlenklau

Found my CMBB CD! Going in to get the Hungarian names file and voices files. I will take a look at the bmps while I am in there.

Got the wav files!

Got the CMBB rank images!

Can't find the Hungarian names file....Can anybody please send it to me?

My 1st goal is to have names and voices and a platoon or 2 in a combination of greatcoats, tunics and camo "smocks". Plus helmets in Hungarian green.

Goal 2 would be a few AFV's (Hetzer and StuG) and an AFV crew uniform.

Edited by kohlenklau

I created a Hungarian name file. 

I have the CMBB Hungarian voice wave files and will do a hybrid mix with some German voices.

If anyone out there would like to do any mods for this overall project or has a good idea of what I should include, post here or send me a PM.  Thanks! :D

Haven't even start on the StuG or Hetzer yet but this saved file view image is saved for much quicker access to test how it looks after zipping into photoshop to tweak something versus opening the editor and going to deploy axis under units. A tip from umlaut! Thanks Dennis.

What I have been tweaking to try and get right is the distinctive olive greenish color of the Hungarian steel helmets. I had some lemon-limes and St Patty Day versions at first. Now it is getting real close, almost there.

Ungarns%20WIP_zps4jkkacnc.jpg

1920_e_r_m_m_o_e_v_19_zps5m8d8gwh.jpg

elozetes_06_zpsroawspez.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

I took the old CMBB Hungarian language voice files and cut them into the deck of cards on the CMRT German voice folders. Thanks to Sequoia for the guide.

I still need to rename them so they get played by CMRT.

Found a few gems where the voice actor seems to have had some inside jokes and in English sure seems to say "F*** YOU!!!"

sounds like "Mack Horse F*** Yooooouuuuu!" on 00053502 and 00051000

:D

Edited by kohlenklau

I asked BFC for some clean versions of the Stug and Hetzer bmp files but no reply. Trying to turn a camo tank into a non-camo tank is a major hassle of stamping pain. I tried recoloring but it didn't seem to do the trick.

My photoshop skills and experience are lacking. I'll try one more time. I really want that Hetzer. I already have images of the new scheme and markings for it.,,,

Guten Tag,

I have selected the vehicle schemes I want to try to do.

So now I am in the current bmp files for hetzer and stug and have to get rid of all the red-brown and green.

I wish I had a plain dark yellow version without camo!

I asked around from other sources, modders and BFC. But no reply YET.

So, it looks like I have to do stamping tool or cut and paste to put dark yellow over the camo parts. Slow and tedious.

Tried recolor but it still is not a good solution.

Thanks anyway and have a good weekend. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

I have actually just stumbled upon what seems to be not too slow a method to get me what I want. :D

Layer 1: I filled a new layer with a dark yellow and gave it a 4% filter-noise-gaussian-monochromatic

Then I copied the background image and pasted it above L1 as L2.

Now working on L2, I am erasing with a big block brush or deleting marqueed sections inside the shadow lines.

Seems to be going quickly!

Edited by kohlenklau

Bit by bit I will get it there. I have the greatcoats coming along and now a leather jerkin from somebody's British Mod. Thank you somebody! I will try to find out who you are and make sure you are cool with me converting it. I had to slide the leather part up in the German BMP, it rides a little lower on British troops. They must like that plunging neck line look in London fashion I guess! This shot shows some I moved and some not yet moved. And a greatcoat guy in the background. Squad is a fusilier infantry set on "mixed camo" appearance.

Hungarian%20Squad%20WIP_zpsytc2bgzz.jpg

I made some progress yesterday but forgot my screenshot! I am slowly chipping away at this. I have a few leather jerkins over a Hungarian tunic.

Tweaking the proper field brown color. Once I nail it I can go get rid of the greatcoats that are too greenish.

I cleaned up some black splotches on the helmet.

I want to do a Hungarian cap. 

I am playing a CMRT battle as Germans and accidentally left the mod "on" and it is motivating to see it in action.

Anybody want to do any parts of this mod or think of something, PM me!

I want to also do a tanker uniform. One book showed a blue coveralls!

Any WW2 Hungarian uniform experts out there?

Here is the Hungarian Army tunic. I changed the "Gott Aint Mitt Uns" belt buckle to "MH" Hungarian Army belt buckle.

I deleted the infantry assault badge and gave it some Hungarian badge.

I need to get rid of the waffenfarbe on the epaulets.

I need to fix the buttons when I did the recolor.

I need to take a stab at reshaping the pocket flaps...(mjkerner, help me!!!)

Hungarian%20Soldier_zpsxh69nmb2.jpg[/uR

Here is the leather gerkin

Gerkin_zpsu4vwq0hp.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

I have my [WIP] Hungarian zeltbahn! I need to give it some benpark magic. Some texture and wrinkles.

And then go back and do my laundry list of other stuff. scalloped pockets, buttons, cap, shadows, And normal maps for all the changed stuff. Never did that before...

Hungarian%20Squad%20WIP%203_zpsx7ns7hsz.

Edited by kohlenklau