Questions on Russian Civil War

Hey,

should I respect the restrictions of the Allies (England, Frnace and USA) or can I just ignore them and use them in combat whereever I need them  - what would be the consequences, if I ignore their rules? Will they retreat out of war anyways after a while?

I hope so ;o)

You can have a look into the Russian Civil War AAR here in this Forum. This is a good source of information about some of the mechanics of this scenario. I use it too. There you can see for example, what happens, if you move French troops far away from Odessa, but even, why this can be usefull.

Will I see a turn from you today? ;o)

Ok ;-D - Just want to be sure about rules - as I have little ressources at my hand and want to use the Allies as much as possibe ;-D - especially against the evil red dragon ;-D

I send you turn 10 yesterday ;-D

Edited by steelwarrior77

Hi steelwarrior77 :) ,

Allies have various levels of commitment from the start:

UK: will stay in the war a lot longer than the others even if you go a bit wild.

US: will get out quite fast whatever you do.

FR: moving units away from Odessa will take them out very quickly (around 10 turns).

All those countries have nearly no offensive units or artillery to deploy, only divisions and planes.

UK has a freikorps by event and a persian cavalry corps to buy but that's it.

Their main power is diplomacy and to some extent income (MPPs transfer/events to help Whites).

That said there are some tricks you can use to have more flexibility:

1) you can focus their ressources on diplomacy to get 1 or 2 minors on your side.

(Romania/Germany will be french controlled, Norway will be UK controlled and their units will benefit from Allies tech/research)

2) you can disband US and FR land units (even some UK ones) to gain MPPs and buy more diplomatic chits.

(disband them on high supply tiles to get more MPPs back)

3) if Whites invade Ukraine before USSR France won't land in Odessa so no french units available.

BUT that also means no ticking clock for France withdrawal so more time to play diplomacy.

4) you can transfer units in the north to the south in one turn using naval loop to the Med

(map data is wrong as it shows several turns for the loop)

It's far more interesting to get Romania in than trying to use french units for a limited time as Bucharest brings 1 HQ, 1 artillery, several corps and 1 or 2 divisions.

Hope this helps ^^ .