Sign in to follow this  
Kraft

Bug?: Hedgehogs indestructible(wiki) but disappeared in my PBEM

I placed 1 tile of hedgehogs into a street between 2 buildings, it was completely impassable to vehicles but for some weird reason half of that tile of hedgehogs disapeared and a tank was able to drive through.

6amYtcy.jpg

M21ZMoa.jpg

The cm wiki says: 

hedgehog is an anti-vehicle fortification, primarily intended to stop tanks. Hedgehogs are concrete or metal structures which cannot easily be crushed or pushed aside. Driving a vehicle of any kind into one would cause a high risk of immobilization.

In CMBN, hedgehogs are impassable to vehiclesInfantry may freely occupy the square, and hedgehogs provide some cover. Hedgehogs are indestructible even with demo charges.

So my question is why did half of them suddenly dissapear? Feature or bug?

Looks to me like the available floor space might be compromised by the surrounding buildings. They disappeared, from what I can tell from your screenies, before the tank got to them... Because the AI is a bit dense-skulled, there's an amount of "wiggle room" in the size of gap that armour can "squeeze" through (I've seen light tanks get through a man-sized gap in a fence without flattening the fence either side of it...). Are you sure the hedgehogs were deployed on that side of the road from turn 1?

Yes they were fully there from turn 1, they disappeared when my opponent placed a blast command on it (which destroyed the wall from the right building, but it also spooked half my hedgehogs away).

Sign in to follow this